Help › Forums

Apparel Vanity

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 6 2018 11:24 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • LordXeno
    17 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 3:50 PM

How hard would it be to make a new color available for every piece for after leveling gear? A variety of colors would let players make some " outfits" that match.! 

Some of the hideous mismatched apparel that I have seen makes me fain for the generic avatar days of old. 

Also, there is not anywhere to "practice" with gear on, so the whole idea is a total waste of cash, lemme tell you. 

But head to head is super fun so, fix it WGT

• WGTShamWow
    905 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 9:26 AM

Apparel items do have 3-4 different appearance options available depending on what level the club is. If you select an apparel item, select the equip button and then select the apparel item again, it should have 3 color drops below its picture. Select the color drops and appearance options should show for that item. 

There is a practice mode in game but unfortunately it isn't designed for using coin gear. 

Best,
    WGTShamWow

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 10:13 AM

WGTShamWow:
    Apparel items do have 3-4 different appearance options available depending on what level the club is.

This sounds puzzling?  If a player has "earned" apparel items by playing countless coin games, why does their clubs "level" have anything to do with the work the player put in to earn those items through playing coin matches?  

I can not think of the rationale here even though it is purely cosmetic and "vanity", I do understand where some players would like to at least be somewhat matching in their apparel so as not to appear as a circus clown.  

Just don't understand why a club's level becomes a factor, maybe it should have to do more with which "division" the player ascends to such as Diamond level rather than the clubs level.  Maybe this would give some players extra incentive to play in the higher divisions.  However, I suspect it may be a little more "challenging" to connect the apparel items to one's division level, but the club's level should not be a factor if the player has earned the higher level coin apparel.  Just my humble opinion.  

Personally, I just put up with the ugly items if I have to because regardless of what you look like you are ultimately trying to boost performance so if the item gives you a slight edge great.  

However, I will say, I have refused to remove the SE hat to try on other gear for fear of it being "upgraded" to one of the uglier versions I don't care for.  So, it has actually minimized the possibility of me testing other items and upgrading those items because I won't "risk" the chance of the hat being automatically altered.  

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 11:49 AM

Here lately, I only play the coin rooms, during a turf war.  The apparel I use during those matchs, is based on the highest added coinage bonus. Since the coins that you win, is based on a 2/3 percentage basis, it covers the rake that wgt takes, and most of the loss of that 1 game that I might lose. If your club wins, the added bonus you recieve, is just money in the bank, so to speak.  After the war games are finished, I change my apparel back to just what's simple, with added xp percentages.  Your apparel boosts aren't any good in most other games, except the clashs, and I don't want to get used to using different clubs.  Which is basically what you have with added yardage, and more spin, etc. that the apparel gives you.  You can't use it in tourneys, so why play it, get used to the perks, it gives you, and then lose it , when you play in  the tourneys that  really mean something? Just my thoughts. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 12:09 PM

el3n1:

WGTShamWow:
    Apparel items do have 3-4 different appearance options available depending on what level the club is.

This sounds puzzling?  If a player has "earned" apparel items by playing countless coin games, why does their clubs "level" have anything to do with the work the player put in to earn those items through playing coin matches?  

I can not think of the rationale here even though it is purely cosmetic and "vanity", I do understand where some players would like to at least be somewhat matching in their apparel so as not to appear as a circus clown.  

Just don't understand why a club's level becomes a factor, maybe it should have to do more with which "division" the player ascends to such as Diamond level rather than the clubs level.  Maybe this would give some players extra incentive to play in the higher divisions.  However, I suspect it may be a little more "challenging" to connect the apparel items to one's division level, but the club's level should not be a factor if the player has earned the higher level coin apparel.  Just my humble opinion.  

Personally, I just put up with the ugly items if I have to because regardless of what you look like you are ultimately trying to boost performance so if the item gives you a slight edge great.  

However, I will say, I have refused to remove the SE hat to try on other gear for fear of it being "upgraded" to one of the uglier versions I don't care for.  So, it has actually minimized the possibility of me testing other items and upgrading those items because I won't "risk" the chance of the hat being automatically altered.  

he mistyped. change the word club to item.  it's all based on item level. 

the levels of different color options are 1/3/6/9.  

You can open any item and there is some color drops on the icon page. click that and you can choose any of the available color choices at that time. you can do this anytime. 

as example i currently use the level 1 SE hat color/level 9 max shirt color/ level 5 epic TG glove  color/level 9 TG shorts color/level 9 Max shoes color..

but anyway you can always go up or down the color choice assuming they are high enough level.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 1:20 PM

Mythanatos:
    You can open any item and there is some color drops on the icon page. click that and you can choose any of the available color choices at that time. you can do this anytime. 

Sid, while you may be able to do so as part of a L20 club, the only place I appear to be able to make such changes as part of a lower level club shows a "padlock" over some other icon next to each item while viewing apparel items in the players profile menu.  

(updated info for clarification)  When you go into the "edit apparel" (another screen with pull down type tabs to select between clothing) items you can change what items you select, but it does not appear to give you the option to change the color or select which level of that item color you wish to wear.  

This "padlock" appears to have disabled my ability to change apparel items for even those which I have already won.  Now, do I really care?  Not really, but my current or former club have absolutely nothing to do with the time and effort I put in to level those items up to level 8 or 9 and my club's level should not deny me or remove an option from me that is granted to other players who have reached an equivalent level.  If this is in fact what is taking place and what is going on.  

But, there does clearly appear to be some feature that is disabled for me that you appear to have access to which could be explained due to the different levels of the clubs we are in and based on the response or post made by shamwow.

I am just saying, if this is the case... it does not make sense or seem appropriate given mobile players in a variety of clubs have clearly leveled up their apparel items to a sufficient level regardless of their clubs level.  

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 2:06 PM

the level is always whatever you upgrade it to. the color level has no bearing on the item level.

what i do to change item color>

edit apparel.

choose item type

tap the specific item.

equip the item if it's not. you can't change the color of a non equipped item.

let's say SE hat this time.

window pops up. in lower left corner it will say common/rare/ or epic. just to the right of that will be some color drops. red/yellow/blue.

tap those drops.

another window pops up that allows you to choose the color of the item. so for the regular SE hat i have 4 options available.

I choose to use the level 1 color but i still get level 9 benefits.

also the rare and epic items usually only have two color options with the second color option not available until level 9 or 10. those will have locks over them

if you don't see color drops i'd like to see the screenshot. just to clarify what you're seeing.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 2:29 PM

Mythanatos:
    window pops up. in lower left corner it will say common/rare/ or epic. just to the right of that will be some color drops. red/yellow/blue.

I don't get this extra window you refer too, but it could be the difference of the operating systems we are on or the club level, I just can't say for certain but I went through it again and still don't get these options.  

Like, I said though, I have managed to avoid changing items I don't want to change so my mobile avatar looks normal and mostly coordinated.  although, someone always nags me for my droopy socks while wearing shorts but oh well.  LOL

so, I went through it again... and this time I noticed the older items "flashed" on the screen and then quickly disappeared.  so it was as though there may be either a club level issue or a programming glitch on the mobile platform for android tablet I am using.

haven't figured out an easy way to transfer screen shots from tablet to the computer then onto the forum, but that is my fault there. that said, it flashes so quickly I wouldn't be able to grab the image.  maybe we have uncovered a bug or how they are restricting these items from lower level clubs.  just don't know...

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 2:34 PM

take a pic with a phone and text it to me. sending you my cell in PM.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 3:08 PM

thanks Sid!  I will let WGT customer service know they "owe you a thank you" when I get my next "how did we do" review : )

alright, I found what looks like an "ink cartridge" toner box that had a touch prompt with it,  when tapped brought up the other options you mentioned.  I think I got it figured out. 

sometimes, it helps to just tap everything to see when something else comes up.  : )

• PAGES
RSS