Forums

Help › Forums

Aphrodite Alt Shot Challenge

Wed, Jul 18 2018 12:42 PM (8 replies)
  • Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 7:45 AM

We have 9 Alt shot teams looking for a friendly CC v CC match--if any club is interested in challengiing, please respond to this post or post on my page-the only thing is each team needs to flexible-- the Course will be Pebble Beach-we will let the challengers choose the pairings.

• Justripit1
    19 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 7:58 AM

Lisa03:
    We have 9 Alt shot teams looking for a friendly CC v CC match--if any club is interested in challengiing, please respond to this post or post on my page-the only thing is each team needs to flexible-- the Course will be Pebble Beach-we will let the challengers choose the pairings.

Im Sure SEL could put 9 teams together in no time, send Bubbs a message as he might not see this :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 8:45 AM

I would love to see this happen, Lisa, but that time difference really makes it hard. I will put this in our CC forum and see what kind of interest there is.

I do know we have a decent bunch of regulars that I see from the EST in the late afternoon--late evening in the UK-so that might help.

• abbielb
    1,800 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 8:51 AM

some transgressional guys are talking about putting a team up.......

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 10:32 AM
    YankeeJim:

I would love to see this happen, Lisa, but that time difference really makes it hard. I will put this in our CC forum and see what kind of interest there is.

I do know we have a decent bunch of regulars that I see from the EST in the late afternoon--late evening in the UK-so that might help.

Alt shot is always difficult to set up-our team is 50% euro players--we only have 9 teams so we can try to work around time zones--the majority play afternoon and evening-flexibility
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 12:52 PM

Maybe a team event could work. Something like first CC to X points wins.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 2:48 PM

Ive just ran an alt comp in our club, 32 players so 16 teams in a bracket.

The odd issue with it but i gave 2 weeks to play , it seems a lot of time but there was no rush and rather it ran smoothly.

I made it pairs from respective countries/time zones which helped.

I can post on our proboards if you wish, to see if any of those pairs fancied it. ?

They sort of got a great bonding out of it and all want me to run another.

Bubbs

• abbielb
    1,800 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2018 11:27 AM

trans have 12 guys and counting......if we  could sort some form of game out

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2018 12:42 PM

Lisa03:
    we only have 9 teams so we can try to work around time zones--the majority play afternoon and evening-flexibility

Would you be amenable to a lineup of AS players-in your case 18-against another lineup where any pair on the list could play any pair on the other list? The pairs wouldn't have to be named ahead of time but the players that form the team would have to come from the list. Obviously you'd be able to play more than once. That's where the point total idea comes in.

RSS