Forums

Help › Forums

WGT, the most polite sports video game ever?!

Mon, Nov 20 2023 2:22 PM (85 replies)
  • alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Aug 1 2018 9:19 PM

JasCooper:
    I’m one of those G.I.R.Ls [...]

And I just have a female avatar.

That's not what I meant. Quite a few players play female avatars, be it for the looks they like themselves or the different movements on increasing meter power.

G.I.R.L.s try to lure certain opponents into gifting by posing seductively - it's a scam, starting from their revealing profile pic!

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2018 2:20 AM

I used to use a female avatar because of the difference in putter scales. Nivlac talked about the differences in avatar movements for male and female avatars in the first post in the thread Putting Tip: Distance Control.

But since they started giving putter pal free to level 2 CC members I have gone back to a male avatar.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2018 3:39 AM

I've used a female avatar since I reached tour legend and was gifted one.  Everyone in our club is sent one when they reach that milestone.  Not sure why it started but it's carried on to this day.

It used to be that the female had more movements, for some weird reason, and could be more accurately used to control power.  I'm not sure the avatar movement difference exists any more.  When they reduced the number of frames in the swing they must have reduced the reliability of this method anyway.

As Sting says though, with most clubs now having free shot and putter pal there's much less reason to use avatar movements anyway.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2018 4:30 AM

• Kara2001
    5 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2020 1:48 PM

Once again try being a real female and playing this game.  Real women do play real golf.  I was on the team in college and find this to be a great diversion when I cannot get out to a real course.  I post a real pic of myself because I'm not ashamed of the way I look.  But yet I'm penalized for it.

99% of the players on here who want to friend me only want to sex chat.  It's disgusting and a shame that a woman who wants to play a nice friendly game of golf has to put up with being sexually harassed.  There may be some polite gentlemen who play this game but they are few and far between.

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2020 11:46 AM

alosso:
    G.I.R.L.s try to lure certain opponents into gifting by posing seductively - it's a scam, starting from their revealing profile pic!

This SO very true!!...I'm sorry but most any male that use's a female avatar (at least 95% of them) Are on here not for golf rather for a different agenda all together makes me sick! Or they enjoy starring a cartoon female in a short skirt WAAAY to much lol...As for the FEW "Real" women players I know.... They are here to play golf like most of us guys and should be treated like ladies...

JD

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2020 12:31 PM

I accepted a friend invite from one guy after a Alt round and a few weeks later he accused me of stalking him. I thought WTF. I wasn't long befriending him and blocking him. I do believe he is a club owner.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2020 3:38 PM

JDGHOST:
    I'm sorry but most any male that use's a female avatar (at least 95% of them) Are on here not for golf rather for a different agenda all together makes me sick! Or they enjoy starring a cartoon female in a short skirt WAAAY to much

I know exactly what you mean, JD.  We had one in our CC who used a female avatar and would brag about how it looked just like Jennifer Anniston during our AS games.  You have to wonder about creeps like that.  Then he started complaining that other CC members wouldn't invite him to AS games.  (Gee, I wonder why.)  Fortunately, he left our CC recently so we don't have to deal with his nonsense anymore.

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2020 3:40 PM

Kara2001:

Once again try being a real female and playing this game.  Real women do play real golf.  I was on the team in college and find this to be a great diversion when I cannot get out to a real course.  I post a real pic of myself because I'm not ashamed of the way I look.  But yet I'm penalized for it.

99% of the players on here who want to friend me only want to sex chat.  It's disgusting and a shame that a woman who wants to play a nice friendly game of golf has to put up with being sexually harassed.  There may be some polite gentlemen who play this game but they are few and far between.

im in the 1% kara i will play a game with you  just for the fun

RSS