Forums

Help › Forums

Average score seeming lowering ahead of actual scoring?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 12 2018 11:10 PM (2 replies)
  • DarthMo0
    43 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 4:36 PM

I believe I'm approaching the Master tier as my average is approaching 67.  Usually I don't pay much attention, but I have been watching my average because of this.

But something seems off.  Today I swear I came in with an average of 67.96.  I played two  rounds shooting 69 and 67, however my average went down to 67.64.  What am I missing here?  Does the current average only represent a certain number of rounds and older (higher) scores are pushed out as you accumulate more rounds?

It's not something I'm obsessing over, I'm just curious if it's going to tier me up too quickly.  I have many more rounds at 70+ (and some way over 70) and maybe a dozen rounds under 70.  An average of 67.64 right now just doesn't seem to add up unless as I said above some rounds are eliminated.

I suppose I should add that I do play a lot of the mobile coin games.  Do those eventually have an effect on your average?

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 7:02 PM

DarthMo0:
    But something seems off.  Today I swear I came in with an average of 67.96.  I played two  rounds shooting 69 and 67, however my average went down to 67.64.  What am I missing here?  Does the current average only represent a certain number of rounds and older (higher) scores are pushed out as you accumulate more rounds?

Yes, that's exactly how averages are calculated. It's a certain number of rounds at that tier. If I recall correctly, for Tour Pro, your average is calculated on your best 25 rounds.

Coin games don't count toward average. 

Hope that helps! 

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 11:10 PM

Robert1893:
    for Tour Pro, your average is calculated on your best 25 rounds.
    +1 - just add "(best 25 rounds) in TP tier". The community calls that number "saturation", and after that, the calculation becomes non-linear.

And while we're at it, only ranked strokeplay rounds count in (those showing in the score history), but not those played on Par3s, Par5s and CC Custom Courses.

RSS