Forums

Help › Forums

Question for the members

Sun, Jul 26 2020 9:49 AM (140 replies)
  • WaLk0fLiFe
    285 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 8:03 PM

Th secret recording was not a secret.. you were streaming PUBLICLY on twitch and more than 7 people were watching I could have taken a clip right from twitch itself at any point in time. I never forced you to stream lol

Who did you get your spreadsheet from? It wasn't Tasor or Hansi?  (forget his spelling) You said the calcs are complex I said they don't have to be so if you think they are complex it must be because Tasor's is complex unless you have a more complex sheet than Tasor's now. 

I have never reported anyone except Jkurtz. I don't stalk anyone's wall or profile. I have 201 posts on forums ..some people have over 3000.. 95% of the time I don't engage in these conversations because it's usually pointless.

Moral of the story is you don't get to decide how the game was meant to be played. What it means to you will mean something different to someone else and something different to the next guy. How it's meant to be played is all interpretation/opinion (which you are entitled to)..some people think real golf is meant to be played with hickory clubs.

The spreadsheet is a math shortcut and nothing more.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 8:05 PM
    WaLk0fLiFe:

Play the game..have fun...If people spent less time worrying about what everyone else is doing they would probably get a lot better at the game.

Even if 2017 accounts are able to make top player scores? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ now don t tell me that is normal in 1 year reach these results.. but it s ok.. everyone find his own pleasure in this game.. it s up to wgt caught them.. i can only laught at the top players close them that think others are stupids.
  • Amisz0
    94 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 3:06 AM

maoriand1:
    Even if 2017 accounts are able to make top player scores? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ now don t tell me that is normal in 1 year reach these results.. but it s ok.. everyone find his own pleasure in this game.. it s up to wgt caught them.. i can only laught at the top players close them that think others are stupids.

What's wrong with that players with account app. 1 year make good scores 55-59? I felt personally humiliated...It happens to me to score 55 or even better, what's wrong with that? I was accused of cheating recently...now this.

If you love this game, if you learn and peep from the top players, if you play a lot it's easy to do it within less than a year or even faster.

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 6:25 AM

Herjavimi:
    psicologist

psychologist  ;-)

thesupernova:

PRIESTESS:

I am referring to  a 18-20 mph wind coming in at 8 0 clock with 12 elevation from 187.   Working that shot out would be feel but i know some will put that info into a chart and get an answer. Is punching info into a chart and receiving an answer on what to hit actually gaming?

Is that player actually playing the game??

Forget it, Tess.

Most understand the point that you are making

Lol, well said by both of you.

lonniescott711:
    I also don't see how a spreadsheet will make you a better putter.

Boy, six pages of posts summed up with a few simple words.  Great comment! 

I will end my post by saying this: I once played against an elite player on this site that used their own spreadsheet system to the point where a number of his approach shots were on the money.  It's not fun.  Ultimately, there is a difference between those that play by feel and those that punch numbers into a spreadsheet and play better.  

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 6:55 AM

Dougie4042:

PRIESTESS:

I am referring to  a 18-20 mph wind coming in at 8 0 clock with 12 elevation from 187.   Working that shot out would be feel but i know some will put that info into a chart and get an answer.Is punching info into a chart and receiving  an answer on what to hit actually gaming?

Is that player actually playing the game??

Forget it Tess.

Most understand  the point that you are making

Alright enlighten me.  Working out that shot exactly how?  What "exactly" are you doing to work it out...?
    Dougie4042:
    lonniescott711:
    I also dont see how a spread sheet will make you a better putter .

Boy, six pages of posts summed up with a few simple words.  Great comment! 

I don't see how a spreadsheet can't make someone a better putter.  I assume you've searched the forums...

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 7:08 AM

lonniescott711:

kavvz:
    If you do, then you don't play by feel and by extension you are playing the exact same way as a player who types that information into a spreadsheet to get an answer.  Doesn't matter if the math is mental or not, the method is the same.

There is a big difference in thinking for yourself and using an instrument to think for you . There is a very big difference between using your brain and using a spread sheet .When we say playing by feel , we mean that we dont use any gadgets or anything other than our brains to play the game . No rulers spread sheets calculators or anything outside of our human abilities is used to play the game .

Everything we do or figure out is all done mentally . From club and shot selection to distance judging and ball striking .Nothing to help us other than by memory and by what we are thinking . That is what it means to be playing by feel .

RE: the spreadsheet doing the thinking vs. thinking for yourself.  Ask yourself who made the spreadsheet do the thinking in the first place? 

You say human abilities..what human abilities?  What abilities are you using to "feel" how hard / where to hit a shot?

We can agree to disagree Lonnie it's all good.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 7:19 AM

kavvz:
    RE: the spreadsheet doing the thinking vs. thinking for yourself.  Ask yourself who made the spreadsheet do the thinking in the first place? 

Sure. But I bet you got that answer from a spreadsheet. Personally, I judge arguments by feel. I don't feel that's the right answer. Therefore, it is not the right answer. ;-) 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 7:20 AM

kavvz:
    You say human abilities..what human abilities?  What abilities are you using to "feel" how hard / where to hit a shot?

Logic and experience. When you know your clubs and ball you can look at a shot, wind and landing area and know your options.

If I'm looking at a 189 yard approach into an elevated green with wind in my face my first thought would be what about the 5I? Nope, wind will knock it down and the elevation will cause it to be short. I could use top spin and pinch that 5i but it's uphill, doesn't feel right.

Better hit the 210 4i into that wind with a little bs to stop it. The wind's blowing to the left so aim somewhere on the right side of the pin. Yeah, that seems about right now make sure you don't hit early and you're putting for that bird.

The math never really entered into the equation, it just felt right.  :-)

• abbielb
    1,800 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 7:48 AM

thats fine playing that shot like that.........i do the same....but i will note it......and refer back to that shot another time i need something similar.....so if im a ( Feel ) player....am i cheating by refering back to my notes in that next senario ?......plus while working out the shot maths was used in my head.......like in every shot anyone plays here......

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 8:50 AM

Nancy1959:
    alosso:
    It's safe to say that ev1 does estimation (math) and comparison (math) for each shot, IRL and here.
    No, that's what I'm saying.  I don't do that.  I aim and hit.

Just un-believable. You never change the club or shot? 'cause if you did, you'd do math, comparing the shot length+condition with the nominal length.

And if you ever use a fraction of the meter, you compare to a billion shots in your head - just math.

The difference matters ;)

RSS