Forums

Help › Forums

What Happened? Whiffed Tee Shot

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 12 2021 10:29 AM (8 replies)
  • BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 4:25 PM

Has anyone ever had a whiffed tee shot that cost them a stroke? I have no idea what the hell just happened. I took a swing, and hit slightly after the ding. There was only the sound of a practice swing, the ball never moved, and it added 1 stroke. WTH?! LOL Any insight would be appreciated. I should have saved it, but I didn't even think at the time. This happened on the tee shot of #11 @ Olympic.

Brett

• LuckyTaurus
    2,633 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 4:47 PM

If that is your first you are lucky,, myself an everyone in my club has these 'what the hell" shots all the time, from whiffed putts to you name it

I do believe my favorite trick WG has is the meter switch, which happens more an more now both putter an club switches, there must be a better way to select club an meter but then no money in that

The only thing consistent here is their inconsistency

• TheMedicineMan
    18 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 5:19 PM

BPeterson8256:

Has anyone ever had a whiffed tee shot that cost them a stroke? I have no idea what the hell just happened. I took a swing, and hit slightly after the ding. There was only the sound of a practice swing, the ball never moved, and it added 1 stroke. WTH?! LOL Any insight would be appreciated. I should have saved it, but I didn't even think at the time. This happened on the tee shot of #11 @ Olympic.

Brett

I have seen it happen to my opponent once or twice but that hasn't happened to me yet.  I've also seen it happen to my opponent on pitch/chip shots once or twice as well.  For the last month my IOS devices have been so glitched out with this game nothing surprises me.  I literally see something new happen every time I try to play.

• poppagolf
    55 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2018 1:17 AM

have had a few of those ..but only from the rough,but never off the Tee

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2018 5:20 AM

LuckyTaurus:
    If that is your first you are lucky,, myself an everyone in my club has these 'what the hell" shots all the time, from whiffed putts to you name it

HaHa, The correct term is WTF Shots.

We all get them

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2018 6:28 AM

DonCaron:

HaHa, The correct term is WTF Shots.

We all get them

I am familiar with the WTF shots. And I have had the ball not move in certain conditions, usually it is with a partial swing and under a bunker lip or some other place I should have never been. This was a full swing from the tee box though, and just my luck, during a single play 3rd round of a tournament. lol

• DarthMo0
    43 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 2:00 PM

I had it happen the other day. Well, not a "whiff," but the ball only went about three yards on a *** that slightly missed the ding.

The funny thing is I guess since the ball never left the tee box, the ball was teed up again and I was able to hit my driver on the second shot.

I guess the game felt I deserved a one stroke penalty lol

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 11:56 AM

on mobile it can happen if your finger is too close to the screen. it will read a touch when you didn't.

• LuckyTaurus
    2,633 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2021 10:29 AM

Do what I have done,, I refused to spend anymore money here until these issues are fixed esp the worthless huggge chat box with itsy bitsy font gray on blue and the fact that we cannot see who is green and avail to invite 

They say its too complicated,,, what a laugh, what is so hard about inserting a button that we can click green red or blue

green for avail ,, red for playing and blue for looking

RSS