Forums

Help › Forums

slow play

Wed, May 20 2020 4:40 AM (59 replies)
  • dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2018 11:14 PM

CFitzgerald1292:

last words on this.  it should never take 1minute  and absolutely not a minute and one half to hit any shot.   people are either overthinking it or spending to much time and attention to the overused and annoying chat box.

Ohh-kay...and so what if it does?  What if it takes me twice that??    YOU accepted the parameters of the challenge.    DEAL with it!

Besides, it's not like you have anything BETTER to do.  After all....you're playing video games!

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2018 2:54 AM

As soon as you ball lands think about the next shot .Saves a lot of time .

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2018 9:55 AM

CFitzgerald1292:

in my last a/s game a player took 50 seconds to hit a stralght 4 foot putt then quit when i called him/her on it.  

Perhaps they were trying to make the putt. Instead of being upset, it may have served you better to ask for tips. 😂  I'm just sayin'... 

• Faz2000
    93 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2018 5:16 PM

I don't think it was a coincidence that the last person who abused me for being slow was a woeful putter.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 6:05 AM

CFitzgerald1292:

last words on this.  it should never take 1minute  and absolutely not a minute and one half to hit any shot.   people are either overthinking it or spending to much time and attention to the overused and annoying chat box.

Congratulations,  you just told the world one way on how to beat you!  There is a very interesting study that you should read.  Sports psychology, your opponent was playing within the rules of the game, but not your rules.  It upset you, the more that he delayed the game, the more upset you got, he now sucked you into his game. Better players are harder to beat, so people look for a winning edge, by getting into your head.  He succeeded, or you wouldn't be in here complaining.   Tiger almost always wears a red shirt on Sundays tourneys, why? Red is a power color, is shows others aggressiveness, and dominance,  it's proven to raise your opponents blood pressure, heart rate, and makes them reach way out of their abilities to try to beat you. Thats when most people screw up, by trying to hard,  you now play faster to speed the game up. Best advice is to just sit back, resign yourself to a longer game, play your best, and enjoy the game.  Don't let them get into your head, once they do, they have beaten you! Even if you win, your still upset, and they have beaten you in that respect!  Have fun, this game is a great time waster. 

• SauloMagno
    57 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 11:44 AM

Being honest, I take that time and even more preparing my shot ...

That's why I do not play with others, I think I lack the experience to play fast (and well)

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 2:01 PM

CFitzgerald1292:

Well excuuuuuuse me! I have vision problems and it takes time studying the screen for me to get ready to take the shot. I usually hit the ball with 20 or so seconds left when using the 90 second clock. But sometimes, especially putting I use all of it.

So never say never.

Have fun and hit em straight,

John

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 3:25 PM
    Luckystar5:

CFitzgerald1292:

Congratulations,  you just told the world one way on how to beat you! 

Oh Yeah!! THAT's another way. Me? I never try to get in my opponents head due to a phobia of vast emptry spaces. I just usually out-play my opponent. It almost always works. ;)
  • SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 7:18 AM

I will use all the time allotted if I need to, and I could careless what my opponent say or do. Forfeit, talk trash or whatever they want to do. It’s my game, I’ll play how I want it with the time given. 

Not very often but it happens, my time expired, and disqualified..oh well, hop on to the next match..no harm, no foul..it’s a free game.

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 7:27 AM

CFitzgerald1292:

Personally, I want to thank you for your thoughts on this issue.

You managed to do what few others could accomplish: you unified an otherwise divided group of individuals. 

Well done! 

RSS