Help › Forums

Just a funny

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 6 2018 10:51 PM (7 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 9:48 AM

Had this sent to me today. Lol!

David Feherty does a stand up show.  It's all about his life in golf, the drinking and lots of stories about life on the tour.

Here's one of his stories:

It was back in the 70's and a soon-to-be prominent golfer (Ray Floyd) was playing at Augusta for his first Masters. Back then the players could not bring their own caddies but had to use one of the locals. Floyd told the caddy master he wanted a big fellow who could handle his bag, but who also would keep quiet, no advice needed.

The caddy who was assigned Floyd said, "Hello Mr. Floyd."

Floyd said "Hello." And followed that with, "That's the last I want to hear from you unless I ask you a question."

Everything went well until the 10th hole when Floyd pushed his drive into the right trees on the par 4. After surveying the scene he said out loud, "I'm going to hit a low fade out through that opening to carry and land mid green and then roll over the crest down near the hole."

Surprisingly he pulled it off exactly and turned to his caddy and said, "How's that?"

The caddy spoke for the first time and said, "That wasn't your ball."

You gotta love it!

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 10:35 AM

That's awesome! 

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 11:02 AM

Great story, love Feherty.  One time commenting on Jim Furyk he said, "His swing looks like an octopus falling out of a tree."

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2018 7:02 AM

LOL

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2018 7:30 AM

@ OP - thanks for sharing, needed a good laugh.  BRILLIANT! 

• Ladychipper
    22,678 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2018 8:02 AM

Yes, you gotta love it! 

Thanks for sharing with us.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2018 7:34 AM

LOL!!

We need David Feherty as the in game commentator.

• TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2018 10:51 PM

Comedian Mitch Hedberg.

I played golf. I did not get a hole in one, but I did hit a guy. That's way more satisfying. You're supposed to yell, "Fore!" but I was too busy yelling, "There ain't no way that's gonna hit him!"

A little bit more of Mitch

I saw on HBO they were advertising this boxing match, it said "It's a fight to the finish"... that's a good place to end.

I haven't slept for 10 days... because that would be too long.

I can read minds. But it's pointless because I'm illiterate.

I bought myself a parrot, the parrot talked, but it did not say "I'm hungry"... so it died.

Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus... or a really cool opotamus?

I want to hang a map of the world in my house. Then I'm gonna put pins into all the locations I've traveled to, but first I'm gonna have to travel to the top two corners of the map, so it won't fall down. [Listen]

I order the club sandwich all the time. And I'm not even a member, man. I don't know how I get away with it. [Listen]

One time a guy handed me a picture, he said "Here's a picture of me when I was younger." Every picture of you is when you were younger. [Listen]

I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an "Escalator Temporarily Out of Order" sign. Only an "Escalator Temporarily Stairs... Sorry for the Convenience." [Listen 

Every book is a children's book if the kid can read.

RSS