Forums

Help › Forums

It's Time for a petition about WGT

Tue, Jul 17 2018 1:16 AM (30 replies)
  • DeneOjibway
    19 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 2:34 AM

Robert1893:

In other words, I reject the premise that rounds (especially if it's 9 holes and a single) take 30 minutes. A single, 9-hole round can easily be played in about 12 minutes (and some can do it faster than that).

Just for the halibut I tymed myself playing 18 yesterday @ Kiawah (monthly touney with T13 greens)

About 60min to post a plus2 round.  That includes sorting thru camera angles to find best read on slopes/greens.  Robert, I'd love to shoot 9 holes in 12min I just don't see how it can be done + shooting a low score to boot.  

My play is desktop & connect speed is good.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 9:14 AM

DeneOjibway:

Just for the halibut I tymed myself playing 18 yesterday @ Kiawah (monthly touney with T13 greens)

About 60min to post a plus2 round.  That includes sorting thru camera angles to find best read on slopes/greens.  Robert, I'd love to shoot 9 holes in 12min I just don't see how it can be done + shooting a low score to boot.  

OK. First, apologies for my snarkiness in my posts to you. I should be better than that. 

A while back (I just don't have time to look for the thread) there was a discussion on how long it took people to play a round. Basically, people were just sharing their experience. The bottom line is that once a person learns a course fairly well, then they can play a course pretty quickly, if they want to.

If I recall correctly, there were more than a couple of people who said it took them about 12 minutes or so. Obviously, this is a huge YMMV situation. 

Cheers! 

PS: I'm going to send you a sleeve of balls. I see you're playing the WGT ball. I'm going to send you a sleeve of the Callaway Chrome Soft for you try. It's a great ball. I hope you enjoy it. 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 9:21 AM

Robert1893:

DeneOjibway:

OK. First, apologies for my snarkiness in my posts to you. I should be better than that. 

A while back (I just don't have time to look for the thread) there was a discussion on how long it took people to play a round. Basically, people were just sharing their experience. The bottom line is that once a person learns a course fairly well, then they can play a course pretty quickly, if they want to.

If I recall correctly, there were more than a couple of people who said it took them about 12 minutes or so. Obviously, this is a huge YMMV situation. 

Cheers! 

PS: I'm going to send you a sleeve of balls. I see you're playing the WGT ball. I'm going to send you a sleeve of the Callaway Chrome Soft for you try. It's a great ball. I hope you enjoy it. 

Robert once again proves that he is a Class Act ^^^

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 9:21 AM

duplicate

• DeneOjibway
    19 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 5:16 PM

Robert1893:

Water under the bridge sir - gracious gesture.

Yeah yet I couldn't come close to that, take two swings (practice) but certain doesn't affect some others

Then I will be saving them for tourneys!  That is rather humbling, sir.

Mahsi cho! (Big Thank You - Dene)

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 7:53 PM

@DeneOjibway

You are very welcome.

Hit 'em straight and seldom. :-) 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2018 7:54 PM

@ct690911

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it.

• Rushore100
    29 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 8:49 AM

DeneOjibway:

ust for the halibut I tymed myself playing 18 yesterday @ Kiawah (monthly touney with T13 greens)

It take me no more than about 15 minutes to play 9 holes, and 30-35 to play 18.  I'm in the legend tier, and my average is 63.5.  It's pretty easy to do.  It only takes me about 15-20 seconds to play each shot, except for chips which take about 30 seconds (and as you get better, you have far less of them).  I usually only use one overhead camera angle per shot and the reverse angle for all putts, so there's no scrolling through cameras.  I play mobile only, so not sure if that makes much of a difference.  I would definitely think a dedicated individual without much of a life outside of gaming could easily do 700 rounds in a month or two.

• DeneOjibway
    19 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 10:01 PM

Rushore100:

I usually only use one overhead camera angle per shot and the reverse angle for all putts, so there's no scrolling through cameras. 

I find, more often than not, the camera angle can be as much as 30 degrees off the putt line necessitating scrolling thru various angles.  Now your next point addresses a possibility..

I play mobile only, so not sure if that makes much of a difference. 

I've only used desktop for this game & after reading through this forum it seems indeed play is faster on mobile.

As for ability that a dedicated players could whack off 780+rds with titles in weekly tournaments - it makes sense if prior experience on WGT but seems less so if brand new player to this platform & its nuances (algorithm favoring higher tiers head2head, & top equipment)

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 10:52 PM

Rushore100:

DeneOjibway:

ust for the halibut I tymed myself playing 18 yesterday @ Kiawah (monthly touney with T13 greens)

It take me no more than about 15 minutes to play 9 holes, and 30-35 to play 18.  I'm in the legend tier, and my average is 63.5.  It's pretty easy to do.  It only takes me about 15-20 seconds to play each shot, except for chips which take about 30 seconds (and as you get better, you have far less of them).  I usually only use one overhead camera angle per shot and the reverse angle for all putts, so there's no scrolling through cameras.  I play mobile only, so not sure if that makes much of a difference.  I would definitely think a dedicated individual without much of a life outside of gaming could easily do 700 rounds in a month or two.

And understand WGT considers 9 holes a “ranked round”.  So when attempting to level up it’s best to play 9 vs 18 hole rounds.

I play 9 in 13 minutes or less...depends on the course.

RSS