Forums

Help › Forums

It's Time for a petition about WGT

Tue, Jul 17 2018 1:16 AM (30 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 7:57 AM

TopShelf2010:
    Quite doable actually. If you look at their Score History it appears they are playing roughly 8-10 rounds a day. Over a 90 day period, that falls well within the 700 round range.

+1

• DeneOjibway
    19 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 9:26 PM

TopShelf2010:
    Quite doable actually. If you look at their Score History it appears they are playing roughly 8-10 rounds a day. Over a 90 day period, that falls well within the 700 round range.

Don

30mins/round (assuming playing by itself) = 5-6/hrs (cause since we're human need breaks too)

Every day for 90 days 

For about $20 earnings

Never mind the cost of balls/rentals/equipment

Yeah, sure its doable but I assume he ain't doing much fishing either.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2018 9:45 AM

DeneOjibway:
    30mins/round (assuming playing by itself) = 5-6/hrs (cause since we're human need breaks too)

And just think how much time it takes if the rounds take one hour! or two!!

In other words, I reject the premise that rounds (especially if it's 9 holes and a single) take 30 minutes. A single, 9-hole round can easily be played in about 12 minutes (and some can do it faster than that).

A person can play 8-10 rounds in less than 2 hours/day. And maybe the guy doesn't like fishing. :-) 

Regardless, there are some on here who play well over 700 rounds in one month. Besides, why do you care? 

• DeneOjibway
    19 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2018 1:18 AM

Robert1893:
    Besides, why do you care? 

Because I spend real $$$ on this site, therefore, want to be assured of WGT's Integrity(.)

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2018 8:17 AM

DeneOjibway:
    Because I spend real $$ on this site, therefore, want to be assured of WGT's Integrity(.)

As opposed to those on here who spend fake money?

Seriously (and I ask only out of sheer morbid curiosity), how does knowing the playing habits of a particular player relate to WGT's integrity? 

I mean... 

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2018 9:34 AM

Luckystar5:

Your wasting your time, energy, and breath.  Each course is different, green speeds on pebble vs erin hills, even though they are set at say 13 speed, they vary, due to the different grasses each course uses. Although, they don't vary too much. If your coming up a foot short on ur putts, add a foot.  Keep notes as to which course runs a little slower than others, they remain constant, for that particular course.  Putts on congressional tend to break more than the grids show.  Notes will remind you of this, along with the way your ball reacts in the wind on the different courses.  There are greens where your ball will stop dead, with very little backspin, but yet trying to stop a ball on St Andrews, with a tailwind,  good luck. It's all a part of your personal learning curve.  

On the other hand, if your talking about fixing things like the missing flagsticks, and things like that, I say go for it.  Good luck though, and don't hold your breath! 

Make a gospel of these words O.P.

This man is a player and he knows exactly what he says!!

• DeneOjibway
    19 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2018 1:10 PM

Robert1893:

As opposed to those on here who spend fake money ?

Not privy to WGT Financials.

Seriously (and I ask only out of sheer morbid curiosity), how does knowing the playing habits of a particular player relate to WGT's integrity?

Sandbagging - surprised you are ignorant of it, scroll through the forums Robert.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 6:45 AM

DeneOjibway:

Sandbagging - surprised you are ignorant of it, scroll through the forums Robert.

OK, now you’re just making stuff up.

We were discussing a single player and the fact that the player had 700 rounds in something like 90 days. Unless almost all of the rounds are artificially high, except for tournaments and RGs, this is not a sandbagging issue. And here’s the salient point: you never questioned any of the player’s scores. You focused solely on the number of rounds. 

Additionally, I just looked at the player’s score history. There is literally nothing there that would suggest the player is a sandbagger. There was absolutely no reason to bring his name into this thread. It was bad form. 

Fine. You think I’m ignorant of sandbagging. Seems fair. I think you’re just ignorant. It’s a violation of forum rules/norms to name another player like you did. Scroll through the forums, Dene.

• TheMedicineMan
    18 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 7:47 AM

DeneOjibway:

Robert1893:

As opposed to those on here who spend fake money ?

Not privy to WGT Financials.

Skirt around it all you want...he got you on that one.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 6:35 PM

TheMedicineMan:
    Skirt around it all you want...he got you on that one.

If you're directing that at me, then...

RSS