Forums

Help › Forums

It's Time for a petition about WGT

Tue, Jul 17 2018 1:16 AM (30 replies)
  • coastal01
    56 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 1:32 AM

Lets have a general chat about the ethics of this site. Have things changed? Are the dynamics of the game the same as they used to be? Is the information on elevations and wind real?..I don't think so. Are there as many players on this site as they claim there to be?...I don't think so..hard to get a game at any time of the day. Speed on putts?..its not real or consistent..in fact there is no consistency in any game.

Everyone's thoughts..you can even join in wgt and explain the variances.

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 7:47 AM

Well, it depends...

If I just played a good round the game is ok.

If I played a bad round it´s inconsistant and whatnots.

• SauloMagno
    57 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 7:59 AM

I really ask for better rewards when level up tier.

Advance to Tour Master is 175 Cr and spend many balls to got it ¬¬

Ah, and an affiliate program, that encourage us to attract more players and avoid multi-accounts :D

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 8:04 AM

Your wasting your time, energy, and breath.  Each course is different, green speeds on pebble vs erin hills, even though they are set at say 13 speed, they vary, due to the different grasses each course uses. Although, they don't vary too much. If your coming up a foot short on ur putts, add a foot.  Keep notes as to which course runs a little slower than others, they remain constant, for that particular course.  Putts on congressional tend to break more than the grids show.  Notes will remind you of this, along with the way your ball reacts in the wind on the different courses.  There are greens where your ball will stop dead, with very little backspin, but yet trying to stop a ball on St Andrews, with a tailwind,  good luck. It's all a part of your personal learning curve.  

On the other hand, if your talking about fixing things like the missing flagsticks, and things like that, I say go for it.  Good luck though, and don't hold your breath! 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 8:10 AM

coastal01:

Lets have a general chat about the ethics of this site. Have things changed? Are the dynamics of the game the same as they used to be? Is the information on elevations and wind real?..I don't think so. Are there as many players on this site as they claim there to be?...I don't think so..hard to get a game at any time of the day. Speed on putts?..its not real or consistent..in fact there is no consistency in any game.

Everyone's thoughts..you can even join in wgt and explain the variances.

I don't see any ethical issues at all. Yes, there are aspects of the game that need to be fixed. But that's a business or technology issue not an ethical one. 

Additionally, yes, we've all had WTF shots. They happen. Nevertheless, if there were truly no consistency, then scores would be a lot more random than they are.

The reality is, however, that if one takes the time to learn the game and his or her equipment, a player can shoot very consistent scores, even with the odd "what the hell just happened" shot. 

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 8:59 AM

The design of the game is to be a changing dynamic. If it were all the same, how long before you become bored and choose to leave?

As stated above, you will get out what you put into this game.

KNOWLEGE

You've been here long enough to know some very drastic changes have taken place.

WGT is a business model like any other, for profit juncture.

Patience in real life golf, will reward you with satisfaction. Spaz out because of self inflicted errant shots, and your mind game is over.

They have created a one of a kind simulator here, that is, as true to life, as a game shall ever be.

Play it in your head

Good luck

☢------------------<*{{{{{-(

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 9:06 AM

I had a putt earlier and could of sworn it was missing but it dropped.

Later I had a putt on Oly 18 that lipped and I thought I was a bit unlucky.

Rough with the smooth.

• DeneOjibway
    19 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 12:33 AM

coastal01:

Lets have a general chat about the ethics of this site..

Everyone's thoughts...

Checki out GordDK3 - just became a member April 2018 & amassed 700+ ranked rounds & sits at level89 Legend

Wow, took me 3yrs & counting to equal that

As for posters implying that its deficiency within those that question WGT algorithm I wonder if they're bots as well..

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 7:46 AM

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 7:55 AM

DeneOjibway:
    Checki out GordDK3 - just became a member April 2018 & amassed 700+ ranked rounds & sits at level89 Legend   

And why is this relevant? 

DeneOjibway:
    Wow, took me 3yrs & counting to equal that

OK. So, others play more often than you. While not denying the veracity of the information, I really have to question its utility. 

DeneOjibway:
      As for posters implying that its deficiency within those that question WGT algorithm I wonder if they're bots as well..

Well, I think you can stop wondering. The answer is no. People simply have different opinions and express them. And a lot of times, the problems with any software fall into the category of user-interface error. 

RSS