Forums

Help › Forums

VUSO Mobile payout?

Wed, Jul 4 2018 10:23 AM (8 replies)
  • amb1923
    223 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2018 6:40 PM

It's been a few weeks now since the one week VUSO Mobile-only tourney ended. Just curious when we might anticipate the payout. Thanks

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2018 7:24 PM

Hopefully, they're rooting through all of the players and removing anyone who didn't play on the actual mobile app (phone, tablet, emulator, whatever.. NOT in the pc game client).

Even better, maybe they've cancelled it out and will put up another that can only be played on the mobile app.

I know that's probably not possible, but it's a shame that WGT can't fix something as simple as removing a link from an email!!!

If removing the link is difficult, make a new confirmation email and just say..."you've entered the wgt mobile only weekly tournament..have fun".

Beginning to wonder if y'all are leaving it (the stupid link in the email confirmation that goes directly to the play now page) in the emails to artificially inflate mobile players. I've wrote Icon AND Customer Service about this...for a couple of years. 

No reason for honest mobile players to get shafted every week by players using a bug/backdoor to beat them out of credits. 

One can only complain to the higher ups so many times. 

Even playing it on an emulator on your pc would be fairer than having people play mobile ONLY tourneys in their game client. 

Mobile play and game client play are NOT the same. 

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 12:32 AM

as always wgt takes ages with the payouts. Surely there is a system that would just automatically do it..... like the cc tournaments and how they work. 

Im waiting for my credits and i know it would take ages as a big amount and wgt like to make us wait as long as possible for them hoping that we run out and have to buy more. Wouldn't surprise me if it dont payout at all and it gets forgotten about lol.

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 1:20 AM

jayw4862:

I know that's probably not possible, but it's a shame that WGT can't fix something as simple as removing a link from an email!!!

That is not the only possible backdoor. You can also a) start a game on the mobile app, b) Save&quit, c) Restart the App and open the browser client simultaneously, d) continue the game in the browser.

That being said, I find the mobile version incredibly easy to play. The last two years I borrowed an iPad from a friend to play this VUSO mobile tournament and came in second both times without any experience with the mobile version. If anything the ones playing the browser version have a disadvantage.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 1:45 AM

birchi:
    That being said, I find the mobile version incredibly easy to play.

It's foolish to think someone playing on a pc, with more camera views, better green dot speed reads, and much a better sense of wind direction is at a disadvantage!!

A good example is PB, ST Andrews, RSG, CB, Bandon in mod to high winds. One, maybe two camera views and very seldom do they help in determining the true wind direction. 

birchi:
    That is not the only possible backdoor. You can also a) start a game on the mobile app, b) Save&quit, c) Restart the App and open the browser client simultaneously, d) continue the game in the browser.

So, another bug that needs to be addressed and fixed.

birchi:
    The last two years I borrowed an iPad from a friend to play this VUSO mobile tournament and came in second both times without any experience with the mobile version.

I have a real hard time believing that you've only played mobile twice, and both times in a big money event and came in second, while playing the entire round on a mobile device/app. You won't convince me otherwise, so no use in trying ;-) I play enough mobile to know better.

My point is that mobile tourneys should be played on the mobile app. This game has enough BS and questionable crap going on as it is.

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 2:06 AM

jayw4862:
    I have a real hard time believing that you've only played mobile twice, and both times in a big money event and came in second, while playing the entire round on a mobile device/app. You won't convince me otherwise, so no use in trying ;-) I play enough mobile to know better.

You know I like you, Jay, but I think you suffer from some type of persecution complex sometimes :) I don't really appreciate you asserting I "cheated". I played a handful of the weekly mobile tourneys on my phone, but it really is not that different from the normal version once played on an iPad Pro and has the added advantage of (seemingly) no VEM. Throw in heavy winds, only a handful of very good players playing in them and unlimited rounds to get the hang of it, and suddenly it's very easy to come in in the top three.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 2:46 AM

The only thing I suffer from is I call things like I see them. May be right, may be wrong, but I speak it openly...not behind the scenes. I know my opinions, thoughts, posts, for the most part are never PC, but if I feel the need to speak up about something, I speak up.

Also, I never asserted you cheated. If I thought you cheated, I'd have said "I think you cheated". Funny how you twisted what I said.

You didn't mention you'd played mobile other than 2 times. My assertion was that I doubted you've played mobile twice and both times came in 2nd in a mobile VUSO. I know better.

I have no idea what you mean by me having a persecution complex. I damn sure don't feel persecuted from anything that happens in a game. 

Whether someone likes me or not doesn't mean anything to me. I don't kiss a$$, suck up, brown-nose, or follow the pack just to fit in or be liked. Never have and never will. 

Now, if you used the link, or your backdoor to play the mobile VUSO..that's on you. It's not cheating, it's just very unfair to other players. If you honestly played it entirely 1st hole to last hole on the mobile app, good for you.

I had forgotten about it. I didn't even know there was a VUSO mobile tourney, just stumbled across it one day and I think I played it, but not 100% sure. Someone messaged me earlier today asking about the payout. If they hadn't, and this thread hadn't started, I would have completely forgotten about it. 

Again, my point is this: WGT needs to eliminate the mobile only tourney(s) or fix them so they can only be played on the mobile app. If someone doesn't have a tablet or phone, they can use an emulator. At least they'd be playing it on the platform it is intended to be played on.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 9:48 AM

I thought I would add my two credits worth.  

I suspect highly skilled players can crossover to the mobile platform and still do quite well, however despite having much less experience than both JayW and Birchi, I stumbled across WGT on the mobile platform, so that is where I got started.

I gradually improved but then because my first CC was almost all desktop users, I worked on transitioning... There is a learning curve between the two platforms.  There was for me and subtle adjustments have to be made, especially on the greens.  

Now that I have become proficient on the desktop, I almost despise going back and playing on the mobile device (tablet) because my putting suffers and I can't use all the tips, spreadsheets, etc that I have learned about over the past year.  

Because of all of the desktop "accessories" used by various people -- compass for determining precise wind direction, ruler for wind offset, ruler for dots on BS for ball, advanced formulas for green reading and dot reading on the greens... the desktop platform in my opinion unequivocally plays easier than the mobile platform.   

Now highly skilled players with lots of experience will still play well on the mobile platform, but there is also without question different green reading tactics and adjustments that have to be made... the greens simply do not play identical to the desktop version so there is and are some adjustments that have to be made.

And for those reasons, I completely agree with JayW that any backdoor that allows desktop players to play in the mobile only tournaments completely undermines the purpose or intent of holding a mobile only event and is unfair to the mobile players having to compete against desktop users.

On a side note, given the occasional cross over of the sponsor apparel... I also find or feel the sponsor apparel hurts the fairness of the game and it actually makes even some of the longest par 5's in the game (over 600y) which should be 3 shot holes into short 2 shot reachable greens.  To me it just makes the game gimmicky and reduces so many strategy holes into just driver and wedges.  Not sure if that is good for the game either.  

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 10:23 AM

RSS