Forums

Help › Forums

Common sense, or nonsense

Fri, Jul 13 2018 12:17 PM (42 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 5:40 PM

WGTChampion:

Hey Robert1893, I hope it's okay that I confirm that you do not work for WGT. 

_CHAMPION

Glad that is cleared up, LOL

Luckystar5:
    I was just looking for a little edge to improve my game scores. 

Maybe we haven't seen the end of the titleist clubs being released... a L103 Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 may be coming who knows.  LOL

actually on these lines, I might be tempted if they brought out Vokey Wedges in the 62 -64 LW range that plays to 50y.   they are unlikely to draw over the Cleveland loyalist, but those like myself that learned playing the AVG wedges and the 100 75 50 yardage gaps and those that have put the MD wedges in their bag would likely be tempted.  who knows.

That said, from what I have observed is there really that much that the top players really need or can use they are already posting crazy low scores consistently.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 7:09 PM

Dneirf:

Luckystar5:

Funny that you should say this.  In my testing, I aimed for the center of the cup, and I actually saw how many times it stopped at the very edge of the cup. ~snip~  

Try aiming for the BACK of the cup.....Common sense, no nonsense.

Wow really?   When I said edge of cup, my distance was correct, the ball stopped on the edge of the side, of the cup,  offline! ( not the front) 

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 7:24 PM

Luckystar5:
    Funny that you should say this.  In my testing, I aimed for the center of the cup, and I actually saw how many times it stopped at the very edge of the cup.  If youre happy with the spider, then that's great, but as so many others have stated, lots of putters can do the job.  I'm just still at a loss as to the lowered stats, and in my case the performance being lesser than the sabertooth. Now if I didn't have my putter, and had purchased the spider instead, and most importantly learned it quirks, then Id like it. I was just looking for a little edge to improve my game scores.  Being the same, or as close, it's definately not worth my credits.  Just my opinion. 

+1

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 7:28 PM

el3n1:

Maybe we haven't seen the end of the titleist clubs being released... a L103 Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 may be coming who knows.  LOL

actually on these lines, I might be tempted if they brought out Vokey Wedges in the 62 -64 LW range that plays to 50y.   they are unlikely to draw over the Cleveland loyalist, but those like myself that learned playing the AVG wedges and the 100 75 50 yardage gaps and those that have put the MD wedges in their bag would likely be tempted.  who knows.

That said, from what I have observed is there really that much that the top players really need or can use they are already posting crazy low scores consistently.

I'm thinking the same thing about Titleist clubs. I just leveled up to L103 and tried out the driver at that level. While it was fine, I'm not going to spend the credits. I can wait to see if they introduce some more Titleist clubs that are better than anything currently being offered. 

If they do, I suspect I'll go on a spending spree, as long as they're not above L103. 

• Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 7:47 PM

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2018 5:00 AM

The detail of this investigation into putters makes for a fantastic read. Now if someone could do the same for the actual reading of putts, they should be given the limited edition golden MAX CC putter. (Then, perhaps its attributes could be explained.)

• abbielb
    1,800 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2018 6:41 AM

i have tried all putters.....expensive and cheap......i have always returned to the begginners putter......reason is i hit the ding.....you can be really good at reading greens but if you miss ding with an expensive putter ( in my view ) there is no more forgiveness than my begginners putter....that is if your lining up a putt to ding it....some prefer off ding thats fine.....personally  i try to putt dinging....i hit my ding and get my balance.....it got me this far.....and i havent stopped yet.....just my opinion

• flatstick96
    208 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2018 10:20 AM

Off-topic, but what always amazes me is people playing low end clubs with EXTREMELY expensive balls.  Seems like a poor allocation of resources. *shrug*

• abbielb
    1,800 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2018 1:19 PM

i putt fine with or without an expensive ball.....the expensive ball is irrelevent on the green...i actually putt  great with starter ball .....the expensive balls get me to   the green easier.......common sense i would have thought....why i use expensive balls with a free putter......so poor allocation of resources is ( purely your view )

• Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2018 5:34 PM

RSS