418 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 11:07 AM

• Dneirf
    418 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 11:33 AM

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 11:37 AM

If people really want a cheaper alternative, all they need is the Odyssey Versa Level 70 putter. By far, that's the best value putter in the Pro Shop. And it's not even close. 

The Versa Level 70 is really all anybody needs. It punches way above its weight. And it's a good 2,000 credits cheaper than the Spider. Besides, if someone is willing to spend almost 4,700 credits for a putter, I seriously doubt that they'll quibble over another 300. 

Moreover, in my opinion, the small difference in cost between the Spider and the Sabertooth is far outweighed by the fact that the Sabertooth is available long before the Spider. I would guess that it would take most people the better part of a year to level up from Level 98 to Level 101. 

I suppose if someone is already at Level 101 or above and hasn't upgraded, then it's worth taking a look at the Spider. Even so, because of the time to get to L101, I suspect most people would upgrade to the Sabertooth instead of waiting, if they were thinking of upgrading. And I just don't see anyone replacing a Sabertooth with the Spider. Well, I don't see rational people doing that. :-) 

So, we're back to where we started. WGT's placement of the product seems odd (IMO).

• Dneirf
    418 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 12:34 PM

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 1:50 PM

Hey Robert1893, I hope it's okay that I confirm that you do not work for WGT. 

_CHAMPION

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 1:55 PM

Dneirf:
    You also forgot to inform us how long you have been employed at World Golf Tour

Well, we're even. 

You forgot to tell us how long you've been gaming the system. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 1:57 PM

WGTChampion:

Hey Robert1893, I hope it's okay that I confirm that you do not work for WGT. 

_CHAMPION

:-)

Hey, I thought everyone knew. I'm a tenured prof. Most people will confirm that I don't work! 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 2:27 PM

Dneirf:
    Also, and MOST importantly, the TaylorMade Red Spider Putter M2 (L101+) is an LIMITED EDITION, so if one desires it, one better get there and get it. Again, the positioning is not odd at all. The BEST is at the HIGHEST Tier WITH Limited availability.

That MUST also be WHY it's cheaper. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 2:36 PM

Funny that you should say this.  In my testing, I aimed for the center of the cup, and I actually saw how many times it stopped at the very edge of the cup.  If youre happy with the spider, then that's great, but as so many others have stated, lots of putters can do the job.  I'm just still at a loss as to the lowered stats, and in my case the performance being lesser than the sabertooth. Now if I didn't have my putter, and had purchased the spider instead, and most importantly learned it quirks, then Id like it. I was just looking for a little edge to improve my game scores.  Being the same, or as close, it's definately not worth my credits.  Just my opinion. 

• Dneirf
    418 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 4:13 PM

RSS