Like what?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 10:42 AM

YankeeJim:

DonCaron:
    making programs for my club.

Like what?

I have a handicap program, that works with the Tournament sheet. Points And Standings work together also.

About 60,000 lines of code

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 11:59 AM

DonCaron:
    I have a handicap program, that works with the Tournament sheet.

Hellllo my new best friend. :-)

Does it get the job done?

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 12:32 PM

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 2:04 PM

I'm running the first Handicapper now. It's based on Dubfore's handicap system.

I know what the Champions, Tour legend shoot. I'm seeing the Tour pros and Masters do. I'll make adjustment on the next Tourney.

Some are playing multiple times, I may have to make them Single

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 2:07 PM

TopShelf2010:
    There are so many players I know that would love a program like that for their country club.

If I could figure out how to send it without the eMail deleting the EXE, I would. I have already tried zipping it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 2:46 PM

DonCaron:
    I know what the Champions, Tour legend shoot. I'm seeing the Tour pros and Masters do. I'll make adjustment on the next Tourney.

I don't have quite that broad of a constituency to deal with, I just want to bring Legends into the mix. We're a Legend+ club and there's some tough hombres at the top. A hdcp system would make it interesting.

As it is, I can level the playing field with bizarre constrictions like penalties for hitting the fairway, closest to par without going over, green speeds, stuff like that. But a hdcp system would really be right and would make those hombres at the top pay attention. LOL 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2018 2:52 PM

The only thing I can think of is put it on a stick and mail it. You would have to shut the anti virus off when you install. 

Norton tried to delete files it did not recognize, its obviously not signed.

Its basically spreadsheets that does all the math, the only thing I do after the initial setup is input the rounds. 

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2018 5:54 AM

Hi Don

Go to where you saved the file on your computer and right click it, as you're going to rename it.

Put the flashing cursor at the end – right after the “exe”.  Now type

.remove

So, if the file name was originally “program.exe”, it should now be displayed as

program.exe.remove

You'll get an error message that comes up, warning that if you change the file’s extension the file may become unusable.  That’s okay, do it anyway.

Now you can attach that file to an email, and the email program will think the extension is .remove which it has never heard of, so no alarm bells go off.

! When you send this file, you need to instruct the recipient to first save the attachment to their computer, and then remove the “.remove” in order to run it .!

That's the easiest way to do it I find, hope it solves your problem.

Cheers!

Rich

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2018 11:40 AM

whooshdangit:

Hi Don

Go to where you saved the file on your computer and right click it, as you're going to rename it.

Put the flashing cursor at the end – right after the “exe”.  Now type

.remove

So, if the file name was originally “program.exe”, it should now be displayed as

program.exe.remove

You'll get an error message that comes up, warning that if you change the file’s extension the file may become unusable.  That’s okay, do it anyway.

Now you can attach that file to an email, and the email program will think the extension is .remove which it has never heard of, so no alarm bells go off.

! When you send this file, you need to instruct the recipient to first save the attachment to their computer, and then remove the “.remove” in order to run it .!

That's the easiest way to do it I find, hope it solves your problem.

Cheers!

Rich

Thanks, I'll save this post. That will work, I know it will.

• PAGES
RSS