Forums

Help › Forums

Club rental then purchase?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 11 2023 4:46 PM (9 replies)
  • DarthMo0
    43 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2018 6:48 PM

If you pay credits to rent a club/set, are you offered a discount to purchase as you are with the free rentals as you level up? 

• Chicubs10
    24 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2018 1:25 PM

You get a 10% discount for the 24 hours after your rental expires.  After that no discount.

• MrHaleIrwin
    6 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 4:46 AM

you no longer receive discount on level up free rentals once expired. At least no offers were given to me after last 3 level up free rentals. Think game wants all your coins now. They must be hurting.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 9:23 AM

a friend told me it's now 2 hours. the time when renting them. that's the only time to get the discount.

• pjctas0822
    4,534 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 9:41 AM

MrHaleIrwin:

you no longer receive discount on level up free rentals once expired. At least no offers were given to me after last 3 level up free rentals. Think game wants all your coins now. They must be hurting.

People were saying these negative things when WGT first started .... They are still here....and dont look like no time soon that they are leaving. All games have a cost but technically this game is free. 

Great job after all these years WGT. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2018 12:08 AM

I have done this for my last 6 club purchases - and I have a hint if you have not tried it.

I study the Pro Shop Tables (See the profile of player "ScottHope" for a link) well in advance to determine what clubs I want to upgrade to at future levels.  I look at all the club attributes to determine which fit my wants/needs and what level they will be available.  When I level up, I get the free rental the clubs I want and then immediately buy them at the discounted price.

This prevents impulse buys and lets me space out purchases through levels (and time).

• MrHaleIrwin
    6 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 11:57 AM

I did do that and got lucky to have choice of free rental after level up of iron set I wanted. Ping L83. Yet no discount offered IMMEDIATELY after expiration. I guess it's hard for some to believe these things happen.

• BlackBogey
    250 Posts
    Fri, Aug 11 2023 11:36 AM

Fist2k8:

Right therre bold as brass when I looged on to the game. Rent clubs today and get 10% off if you buy after.

So I had a look at a Driver which was approx 3,550 credits........clicked on rent and got a price of 540 credits for one day rent.

So they are asking 540 credits to save 355 credits.

This can't be right what am I missing????

Right there bold as brass in their description.  You get to TRY the club for the rental period, and if you like it and want to buy it, they are throwing you a bone and selling it for (3550 - 355 = 3195) instead of the normal 3550.  You pay (540 - 355 = 185) as a "service fee" to decide if you like it before you drop the full 3550. 

You also have the option to just drop the full 3550 and save your 185 credits, but if you don't like it, you will only be able to sell it back for (3550 - 75%) and will lose 887 credits (3550 - 75% = 887).

Best to wait until they have Free Rental weekends, or right after you level up when I believe they offer all the new available gear free for a 24hr period.  You still get the 10% off purchase, but don't have to pay the "service fee" to decide if you like it or not.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Fri, Aug 11 2023 4:46 PM

BlackBogey:
    You also have the option to just drop the full 3550 and save your 185 credits, but if you don't like it, you will only be able to sell it back for (3550 - 75%) and will lose 887 credits (3550 - 75% = 887).

I realise this was a simple oversight 😉, but he'd actually lose 2663 credits. 

RSS