Forums

Help › Forums

Clash Prizes Need to Improve

Thu, Jun 28 2018 11:54 AM (26 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2018 12:40 AM

The clash is the for profit side catering to those that can't win a competitive skill based comp, and thus they call it an event..............No arguing it is an "event". 

"Prizes" already range from a golden putter that most still can't putt with anyway (and it's no better than mediocre but it is gold coloured and if could npt putt anyway....) through to pizzas and balls (not many balls)...........A couple more sleeves down to say fourth should not be too much in fairness or why not just say you burn 11 we give you nothing back same as now?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2018 5:05 AM

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2018 5:57 AM

For sure......Some like it, and fair enough............And every angle has been done, every angle.  In the end WGT / TG want it as it is ..................Asking for a few more balls towards cost now and then I don't see as a problem if you do wish to "play" in it.  Trouble is anything got meaningful it would be exploited.  

• slashcity1
    999 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2018 6:47 AM

Daridan:
    My recommendation is to improve Clash prizes, such as Clash logo balls for the top 20 clubs participating, custom apparel only available in Clashes, get creative on other perks that would encourage people to play

Love the Clash logo balls idea for the top 20

John

• callaghan159
    6,221 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2018 7:55 AM

Nancy1959:
    we want to get one for every member!    :)

Never going to happen as there is a turnover if you don't play the clash, and a certain person in the club has to like you or you are gone. I know first hand.

• Nancy1959
    7,060 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2018 3:19 PM

Jimbog1964:
    a golden putter that most still can't putt with anyway (and it's no better than mediocre

I totally disagree.  The gold putter is definitely way better than any putter available to purchase (and I have played with many).  Those that have one and think differently simply didn't take the time to learn the differences (i.e.: meter increments) from what they were used to.  It's a small learning curve.

Granted, it's not a "magic putter" and you still have to hit the right distances and read the breaks correctly, but it is so much more forgiving and a lot more putts will drop in the hole.

• Nancy1959
    7,060 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2018 3:23 PM

callaghan159:

Nancy1959:
    we want to get one for every member!    :)

Never going to happen as there is a turnover if you don't play the clash, and a certain person in the club has to like you or you are gone. I know first hand.

The players who join our CC and never play in the Clashes are deleted at some point in time and replaced with members who will.  Nobody is ever expected to buy CC passes for Clashes, although many do so.  Others have joined and left soon after they got their gold putter, but many of us continue to contribute to make sure that others will get one as well.

Surely it will take awhile to get one for every member, but about 25 of our members get one every year.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2018 9:51 PM

Nancy1959:
    about 25 of our members get one every year.
    That accounts to 10 years straight for 250 members. Those who have collected those GCs already may not compensate for fluctuation - 10 receivers to quit each year (adding 40% = 4 years) might be adequate. Thus, you might be saturated with GCs in 2030...

Numbercrunching:

Only four Events were in 2014, so 2015, in effect, is the starting point.

Of your 247 members, only 32 have been around since 2015, leaving a vast majority of 215 newcomers in 2016-2018. Thus, numerally, 215 / 2.5 = 86 have left the Gs every year.

BTW: 4 of your 11 remaining pre-Event members of 2012 + 2014 (=36%) don't have or don't show the GC = Golden Calf.

• Nancy1959
    7,060 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2018 1:38 AM

Yes, but we have a lot of faithful members, who once receiving a gold putter, have remained and continue to Clash to get the next member one as well.

We used to have a lot of drama in our CC, which caused a lot of good members to leave, but with the people who caused most of this gone now, that is totally gone now and we are stronger than ever.

Honestly, some CC would probably have to put up a million Clash points to take us down. We totally coast in every Clash because we don't have to put in a big effort to still win.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2018 1:49 AM

Nancy1959:

Jimbog1964:
    a golden putter that most still can't putt with anyway (and it's no better than mediocre

I totally disagree.  The gold putter is definitely way better than any putter available to purchase (and I have played with many).  Those that have one and think differently simply didn't take the time to learn the differences (i.e.: meter increments) from what they were used to.  It's a small learning curve.

Granted, it's not a "magic putter" and you still have to hit the right distances and read the breaks correctly, but it is so much more forgiving and a lot more putts will drop in the hole.

OK bat an opinion around all day, BUT good luck selling that one:)

Not a golden anything anywhere and not a clash card.

RSS