Forums

Help › Forums

Parred It !

Tue, Aug 11 2020 4:27 PM (23 replies)
  • garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2018 6:42 AM

Last Thursday, the wife and I,finally parred our golf course where we are members!

Considering we are 71 and 69, I think we did pretty good.

We play Best Ball exclusively now so that we can help each other out when one of us is not doing so well. 

Last Thursday it was pretty hot(33C) and we thought we might have to pack it in before we finished but we were doing so well we kept going!

We ended up with 2 birdies 14 pars and 2 bogeys. Wow!!

We are members of the golf course that bears the name of my CC. here on Wgt.  If you are a Manitoban you will know where it is on the map.

Needless to say the rum+coke after in the clubhouse tasted pretty damn good!

Sorry but I'm not bragging but I feel so good about this I had to mention it.

Gary

• TopShelf2010
    10,876 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2018 7:00 AM

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2018 8:00 AM

Very cool, congrats to both of you!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2018 9:31 AM

I say that counts as shooting your age. Well done and a very creative way to stay active with the missus.  Quality time playing golf--how good is that? LOL

p.s., Mine has no clue about the game but enjoys riding in the cart while I play alone. Good way to get her out of the house, too. ;-)

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2018 9:44 AM

Well done Mr & Mrs Gary, bet you'll be itching to get out there and do it again. ; )

• amateur4sure
    2,187 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2018 10:48 AM

Outstanding Rounds you both.  Keep er lit..!

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2018 11:03 AM

garylewisgr:
     Last Thursday, the wife and I,finally parred our golf course where we are members!

garylewisgr:
    Sorry but I'm not bragging but I feel so good about this I had to mention it.

Gary, congrats to you both and brag all you want...you deserve it.

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2018 12:27 PM

Thanks guys-----YJ , when we were having our drinks in the club house we were thinking about what you said---shooting our age lol.  You never know maybe someday and yes its great having the wife golf. I always have someone to golf with.

Actually she took to golf right away. I bought her a half set to begin with---next thing you know she goes and buys a full set! Then she was taking lessons---which by the way I should have done also lol.

We've been golfing almost 30 years now and its great!

Gary

• duda51
    1,007 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2018 12:29 PM

mrcaddie:
    Gary, congrats to you both and brag all you want...you deserve it.

+1,

Well done you guys, Great post and a great story that was a joy to read and gave me a nice smile, I dont even know you guys but i felt proud.weird or what,lol

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2018 12:38 PM

Cool story Gary....Good for both of you. Tackle "Bridges" at Starbuck next. ;) .... R  (A fellow Manitoban)

RSS