Wed, Jun 20 2018 1:15 PM (63 replies)
  • xlviii
    502 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2018 8:06 PM

kavvz:

TopShelf2010:

xlviii:
    No sides here.

Maybe WGT should simply remove any "prizes of value"? Get rid of.... Giftcards 

Just a thought.

Don

+1 They can keep credit prizes, but just stop allowing them to be cashed in for monetary value.  Simple as mud.  Cheating, multi's, gonzo.

Aren't there those who trade credits for cash via other methods? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought I read something along those lines in the forums. I imagine doing so is against WGT rules, but since you're likely to get better than the 165,000:$250 ratio doing things that way, I'm not sure that it would really change much.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 2:31 AM

The best thing for WGT to do would be remove the "Gifting" option.  Then nobody could swap their credits for Amazon vouchers or the like and it would take any reason to cheat or be dishonest out of the game.

Then of course it would stop people being generous and giving to others without the expectation of being remunerated.

I say keep it as it is. People giving balls,clubs etc to others is a real uplifting part of this community.  It's good for the soul to see strangers being kind and generous to each other. Let the dishonest people keep at their lowlife behavior. Their reward is having to look at themselves in the mirror each day. That's punishment enough. :-)

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 4:54 AM

Lutjanid:

Then of course it would stop people being generous and giving to others without the expectation of being remunerated.

I say keep it as it is. People giving balls,clubs etc to others is a real uplifting part of this community.  It's good for the soul to see strangers being kind and generous to each other.

What they could do instead of just freely allowing gifting is make it that you submit a "gifting" form or request to CS.  It'd be easy to spot the shady ones from those genuine.  

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 2:09 PM

TopShelf2010:
    There is simply way too much drama at the top.

Man - I wonder if there are as many landmines on any of the courses as there are in the forums?  I start out trying to help answer a simple question, and later find out I am on a version of WGT Feud!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 2:46 PM
    kavvz:
    What they could do instead of just freely allowing gifting is make it that you submit a "gifting" form or request to CS.  It'd be easy to spot the shady ones from those genuine.  

Or just put something along the lines of "Hannsi gifted Gretel xxxx", I'm sure they don't have time to check them all and they'd probably get quite a few pairs of eyes for free.
  • jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 3:50 PM

If Top Golf knew how much money they lose every single day from black market credits being sold, they'd kill the gifting and gambling. And probably limit (or closely monitor) CC tourney purses.

I'd be very happy to see the gifting gone, gambling gone, and very limited (purse total and number of tourneys per month) cc tourneys. 

Maybe leave the Amazon cards and add a Visa Card ...even up the cost to buy the cards to 200,000 or so. 

It would bring a little integrity to this game. 

I'm currently saving up my credits so I can buy the phone call to Mr WGT and personally tell him about it, too.

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 5:09 PM

Wasnt it Hannis that shot -24 at Chambers bay with all hardest settings.Heard he practiced alot

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 8:44 PM

jayw4862:

If Top Golf knew how much money they lose every single day from black market credits being sold, they'd kill the gifting and gambling. And probably limit (or closely monitor) CC tourney purses.

Have you informed Top Golf where they can find these black market sites to help stop these scumbags?

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 9:13 PM

Tigerpaw509:

Wasnt it Hannis that shot -24 at Chambers bay with all hardest settings.Heard he practiced alot

Hansi/tasor/Nalo1210 all are the one who shot a 49 at CB under the toughest conditions

Duckster789:

Have you informed Top Golf where they can find these black market sites to help stop these scumbags?

WGT.com....LOL....NO NO NO, for real, wgt . com

jayw4862:

I'd be very happy to see the gifting gone, gambling gone, and very limited (purse total and number of tourneys per month) cc tourneys.

The fact that YuChiang Cheng is/has always been involved  in Gambling sites either as a owner or advisor might keep that from happening LOL

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 11:10 PM

fatdan:

Hansi/tasor/Nalo1210 all are the one who shot a 49 at CB under the toughest conditions

It pisses me off that WGT knows that Nalo is a cheater... and still they let him rip-off legit players.

RSS