Forums

Help › Forums

Question

Wed, Jun 20 2018 1:15 PM (63 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2018 10:58 AM

Another thing, if he does stream, record whatever, we need to see the taskbar, and task manager to truly see whats running. Only fair I'm being called out because cant get my mic to work, and "yep, by God, if he cant get the mic to work it must be somebody else playing"

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2018 11:13 AM

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2018 3:10 PM

My vote would be to let Wgt sort things out the best they can with whatever tools they are using.  If people wanna submit names of players for suspicion that's fine but once they submit names/info they should be done with it.  No need to endlessly revive and rename the same accusation over and over again, and especially not in a public forum.

Gary has been under what I would call "relentless and never ending" scrutiny for well over a year.  Quite a few well known players have been banned in that span but Mr. Woody is still here.  While there is no way to be 100% sure of anything the very fact Gary is still unbanned and playing should speak for itself.

People can speculate all they want but thankfully Wgt has the final word.  And for those of you who think Wgt is incompetent and incapable of policing their game you should just Quit.

• xlviii
    502 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2018 4:11 PM

TopShelf2010:

xlviii:
    No sides here.

Maybe WGT should simply remove any "prizes of value"? Get rid of Credits, Giftcards and whatnot. and let the winner simply have the "HONOR" and "PRIDE" of winning?

Just a thought.

Don

Not sure if sarcastic and not sure why a tiny bit of my comment is quoted :)

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2018 4:44 PM

• xlviii
    502 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2018 6:16 PM

TopShelf2010:

xlviii:
    not sure why a tiny bit of my comment is quoted :)

It's all good my friend. I am not taking sides either. That is why I used your quotes.

xlviii:
    Not sure if sarcastic

As far as being sarcastic, I am not sure. Maybe if you take away what I suggested, the desire to "cheat to win" may be less attractive?

Don

Gotcha, Don. Makes total sense now.

The problem with only playing for "honor" is people would be arguing about who really deserves that. I imagine the "bragging rights" are more important than the credits for many. Unfortunately, it seems to me that as long as there are people, there will be cheats and, by extension, people getting justly and unjustly accused of cheating.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2018 7:17 PM

TopShelf2010:

xlviii:
    No sides here.

Maybe WGT should simply remove any "prizes of value"? Get rid of.... Giftcards 

Just a thought.

Don

+1 They can keep credit prizes, but just stop allowing them to be cashed in for monetary value.  Simple as mud.  Cheating, multi's, gonzo.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2018 7:35 PM

xlviii:

TopShelf2010:

xlviii:
    not sure why a tiny bit of my comment is quoted :)

It's all good my friend. I am not taking sides either. That is why I used your quotes.

xlviii:
    Not sure if sarcastic

As far as being sarcastic, I am not sure. Maybe if you take away what I suggested, the desire to "cheat to win" may be less attractive?

Don

Gotcha, Don. Makes total sense now.

The problem with only playing for "honor" is people would be arguing about who really deserves that. I imagine the "bragging rights" are more important than the credits for many. Unfortunately, it seems to me that as long as there are people, there will be cheats and, by extension, people getting justly and unjustly accused of cheating.

IMO, the ability to earn real life cash/value is more important to those that circumvent the system than any other.  Remove it, and you'd be left with those who are genuinely interested in playing the game and becoming some sort of virtual golf champion.  They can get their virtual credits to basically play the game for free, but take away the ability to turn that virtual money into real money, and you'd be left with a truer representation of a game's leaderboard. 

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2018 9:13 AM

In my case, I have never ever cashed in for cash. I even refused the 2018 Open trip due to having to pay a sweepstakes tax which was around $1,500.00 seeing the US Open was not that important.

I agree 100% remove the winning of credits, make everybody pay. This cheating thing along with the people calling out multi players is just ridiculous IMO 

This game has so much drama in it that it's just crazy. It's not just me, I know of a lot of other players that have had similar incidents.

Play your game, don't worry about the other guy, let WGT CS handle it. If you have a question about a player, sure write CS and ask but don't do it over and over and over trying to play the squeaky wheel scenario hoping that works. If you want to stream, do it, if you want to talk, do it, if you want to show your face go for it. 

This is not me trying to make friends, at all. I have given up on that part of the game. I  have been blackballed by many people and I accept that, (who needs them) The only reason I did stream a few games was not to get everyone's approval, but that a friend ask me to do so I did.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2018 9:34 AM

FWIW, I wasn't judging anyone I'm Switzerland.  :)

Was just thinking that there would be a lot less of this type of stuff if there wasn't a way to turn credits into cash.

Cheers!

brad

RSS