Forums

Help › Forums

interesting clash points

Wed, Nov 7 2018 2:45 AM (81 replies)
  • jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2018 7:27 AM

MainzMan:
    I have no desire that these players be sanctioned or that their club be banned from the clash all I want is for WGT to admit  that the bug exists and just fix it.

So obviously, I am not the first person to run into this, and congrats to those who figured out how they are doing it.

Yes, WGT has to fix this.

But, the club in question is still deliberately cheating.  Deliberately exploiting a computer glitch to dis-advantage other clubs is cheating period.

So I do not agree with quote I copied.

• LEDBoy
    3 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2018 1:38 PM

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2018 7:29 PM

Let's keep this thread focused on the clash cheating issue.

But the answer, Mr. LED, is they play CTTH, Blitz, AS, match play and practice rounds.  None of those produce most stats (esp. score average).

There is a guy in my club who plays nothing but CTTH and Blitz.  I'm fine with that since he keeps hitting the Use Free Pass button when appropriate.

• LEDBoy
    3 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2018 12:52 AM

Thank you Jack for the explanation.  now I know better.  

Cheers

LED

• GrahamB2014
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2018 2:44 PM

To reply to WGTChampions  question MEGA CC have done a lot of research into this bug and spent a lot of time initially proving to you all that a bug did in fact exist.

You all now seem to agree that it does all we have to now work out is how the sequence of activating the bug is achieved.

I think I have an idea on how it is activated, when MEGA CC carried out a series of invites the blue super pass option seemed to come up at random to 1 player only when setting up a multi player game. I am guessing at the moment but I think it is the last player who used a super pass in the clash who is being given the option. 

We at MEGA CC will check this out during the next clash to see if this is in fact how it is done unless WGT fix it before then.

I also have changed my mind about banning Golfos Unidos Cub because initially I thought it was only the Owner and directors were cheating ( I felt it unfair to punish them all when only the club runners where cheating ) but now I see other players at this club are also using this cheat. This club should be banned until WGT fix this bug. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2018 7:05 PM
    GrahamB2014:

To reply to WGTChampions  question MEGA CC have done a lot of research into this bug and spent a lot of time initially proving to you all that a bug did in fact exist.

You all now seem to agree that it does all we have to now work out is how the sequence of activating the bug is achieved.

I think I have an idea on how it is activated, when MEGA CC carried out a series of invites the blue super pass option seemed to come up at random to 1 player only when setting up a multi player game. I am guessing at the moment but I think it is the last player who used a super pass in the clash who is being given the option. 

We at MEGA CC will check this out during the next clash to see if this is in fact how it is done unless WGT fix it before then.

I also have changed my mind about banning Golfos Unidos Cub because initially I thought it was only the Owner and directors were cheating ( I felt it unfair to punish them all when only the club runners where cheating ) but now I see other players at this club are also using this cheat. This club should be banned until WGT fix this bug. 

I'm sorry to have to disagree with you. You really want wgt to ban an entire cc? If they have found a way to utilize a bug, that wgt is responsible for, the cc should be punished, and all for an extra course builder? If you get your wish, then wgt shouldn't stop there, what about all the other clubs using the custom course glitch, to level up faster, ban all of them too? Should we pick and choose which clubs should be banned? Why not throw the blame where it belongs, back on wgt, it's the programmers at fault, not a cc, that's smart enough to figure out how to use the glitch. Maybe wgt doesn't want to fix the errors in this game, ever thought about that?
  • RonaldReagan40
    46 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2018 6:04 AM

Thank you, MEGA, for figuring out what is happening. 

Until such time as wgt can get this fixed I have a solution. Every clash round should be Best of Par 5 18 holes, with low winds and standard greens. 

• GrahamB2014
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2018 7:35 AM

We all have differing opinions over this and I am not the only one calling for this club to be banned ; you will see I only called for a ban until this bug is fixed not a full ban.

We do not know if WGT made any contact with this club after the problem was first spotted if they did and the club still used the cheat then that is even more of a reason for a ban.If this was a single player cheating would you not want something done about them ? perhaps we should just ban the cheating players not the entire club which is what I initially called for.

I do agree that WGT should take most of the responsibility for this bug and they have known of there being some form of scoring problem for months now but have done little about it.

The custom course glitch on the other hand hurts no one and in fact I just think it is a clever marketing ploy by WGT ; players getting more X/P means levelling up and tiering up faster and therefore players are more likely to upgrade their equipment quicker so more money for WGT.

Also just because some one or club finds a bug does this mean that they have the right to use it ? there are many forms of cheating within this game those that use a cheat that affects others should be if caught prepared to take some form of punishment.

Your point about if WGT want to fix errors is valid I some times wonder . If it does not affect their profits it does not seem to get fixed. This bug in the end if it means less players play in the clash will impact on WGT's revenues (if only the 11 clubs who next come up against this club dont play or play only free passes etc ). 

I come back to your main point WGT must take most of the blame for this they rely far to much on players policing this game. They need to be more active in making sure this game is fair for all and take more notice when players do report some form of bug or issue and not wait until we have proven it to them.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2018 10:28 AM
    GrahamB2014:

We all have differing opinions over this and I am not the only one calling for this club to be banned ; you will see I only called for a ban until this bug is fixed not a full ban.

We do not know if WGT made any contact with this club after the problem was first spotted if they did and the club still used the cheat then that is even more of a reason for a ban.If this was a single player cheating would you not want something done about them ? perhaps we should just ban the cheating players not the entire club which is what I initially called for.

I do agree that WGT should take most of the responsibility for this bug and they have known of there being some form of scoring problem for months now but have done little about it.

The custom course glitch on the other hand hurts no one and in fact I just think it is a clever marketing ploy by WGT ; players getting more X/P means levelling up and tiering up faster and therefore players are more likely to upgrade their equipment quicker so more money for WGT.

Also just because some one or club finds a bug does this mean that they have the right to use it ? there are many forms of cheating within this game those that use a cheat that affects others should be if caught prepared to take some form of punishment.

Your point about if WGT want to fix errors is valid I some times wonder . If it does not affect their profits it does not seem to get fixed. This bug in the end if it means less players play in the clash will impact on WGT's revenues (if only the 11 clubs who next come up against this club dont play or play only free passes etc ). 

I come back to your main point WGT must take most of the blame for this they rely far to much on players policing this game. They need to be more active in making sure this game is fair for all and take more notice when players do report some form of bug or issue and not wait until we have proven it to them.

There is no doubt, that wgt, needs to do their own policing, and I thought that the use of moderators, was for part of that purpose! But I still disagree on the banning of anyone, that uses that glitch. You believe that the use of another glitch is ok to use, but how would you justify banning of someone for using one glitch, but not banning the other person, who uses a different one, just because it may be profitable for wgt? Is this the difference, between a lie, and a little white lie? (It's still a lie) What might the legal ramifications be? The suggestion for all clashs to be on the par 5 courses, might just be the ticket, who knows. I do respect your opinions, as I would expect the same in return, but if your calling for repercussions for someone whom is breaking the rules, then all who break the rules should recieve the same consequences, no exceptions. The simplest solution, is for wgt to get on their programmers butts, and fix the problems.
  • DonaldKey8798
    6,714 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2018 4:00 AM

I also have noticed the superpass screen flashing on real quick before every game. That's been going on for a few weeks at least I'd say. It's a big clue as to how this glitch started. It's either the quick mouse clicking as someone suggested, or maybe holding down certain keys on the keyboard before the game starts, or some thing to that effect.

RSS