Forums

Help › Forums

interesting clash points

Wed, Nov 7 2018 2:45 AM (81 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2018 3:50 PM

Does anyone have the exact steps to make this happen every time? 

_CHAMPION 

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2018 4:33 PM

fmagnets:

Seems like you are missing the point Paul. They are saying these players are not playing the Clash course (St A in this case), but are using a bug that allows them to score points on Bo5. 

Exactly. I am one of those who reported on c****k6452 two Clashes ago. Big (ie, impossible) multipliers against us and didn't even play the rounds that were involved in our Clash.. Was playing full 18's (and they were not Bof5, so other courses seem to have same glitch). All the facts were showing on his profile page and in his score history, but this guy's bag is still full of great equipment and his club is still in play. I don't get it.

Here's my Sept. 20th mail to wgt services --- I got only the "form reply" about investigating:

alaskan.dame Sep 20, 8:24 AM PDT In FAPC v. c***k6542's club, he shows top 3 scores at Merion, with 2 at over 200 points (but no HIO or even longest putt holed or longest hole-out). And his Profile page doesn't even show 3 rounds played at Merion, which is the Clash round this round.
    09.20.18 St Andrews Links: The Old Course Full 18 Champion 70
    09.20.18 Merion Golf Club Full 18 Champion 76
    09.20.18 St Andrews Links: The Old Course Full 18 Champion 69
    09.20.18 Merion Golf Club Back 9 Champion 32
    09.20.18 St Andrews Links: The Old Course Full 18 Champion 69

How can this be? What loophole is he using?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

• Grish72
    333 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2018 5:19 PM

WGTChampion:

_CHAMPION 

the image corrochano007 posted is from my screen but i don't know what i've done and why the "use sp" option appears. happend to me multiple times yesterday in different game modes (alt.shot,strokeplay,blitz).

we (grahamb2014,corrochano007) tryed to find out whats going on by setting up different game modes. i got the option to use a sp but corrochan007 and grahamb2014 did not when we setup strokeplay bop5 18 holes.

i also played alt.shot with 2 other club members and a random on bethpage b9 and again i got the option but they don't so i can't really tell you why it "happens" to me. just strange..

greetz grish

• ASD1978
    475 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2018 5:31 PM

We've been playing about with it, trying various methods (without actually USING the bug), and can't nail it down.

I set up a BOP5 stroke game with our owner - I got the option to use a superpass.

I set up a BOP5 stroke game with our owner and another director - the other director got the option to use a superpass.

Another director set up a BOP5 stroke game with our owner and myself - the director who set the game up got the option to use a superpass.

• BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2018 6:06 PM

Well we are about to find out because my club drew Golfos Unidos Cub for our last clash so we will soon find out if they are still using this glitch. 

• BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2018 6:23 PM

Well they just used it against us. All three of their top scores are as follows with their club president leading the way.

Wuisenrike  with a score of 342

Palopalante  with a score of 308

Pwerty222 with a score of 306

So as you can see these scores are impossible to score on a normal nine hole round during a clash. 

• Kiewiet963
    1,150 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2018 6:54 PM

The issue is not on the total points awarded the player for the clash.

The issue is with the TOP 10 performances displayed during the clash...where the actual SCORE for a single round is reflected and then multiplied by the position's multiplier. 

If one play's 3 of the best rounds, one will then occupy places 1, 2 and 3. It gets added together under total points, but not under the top 10 positions.

There is NO WAY a score of 400(in our case 386) can be scored by a single player on a single round.....

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2018 11:40 PM

Corrochano007:

Here is proof of this issue as BHenke2 suggested prevoiuoslly

As you can see on the picture, we setup a stroke play Best of par 5 18holes among 3 players from our CC and when we tee off, WGT offered us the option to use a superpass

And this, of course , was during the current Clash at Pebble beach (the first hole at Best of Par Five is Pebble Beach), we forfeited the game (as you can see at the top) but again this is a bug, and it can be replicated anytime, WGT should do something about it

Thank you! For me I guess seeing is believing. If I saw that option I know I would have clicked “Use Superpass”. I doubt it will get fixed any time soon as they’ll fear f-ing something else up. Glitches...I love them! And I love the people who find them. Great stuff Corrichano007...thanks again!

AlaskanDame:

fmagnets:

Seems like you are missing the point Paul. They are saying these players are not playing the Clash course (St A in this case), but are using a bug that allows them to score points on Bo5. 

Exactly. I am one of those who reported on c****k6452 two Clashes ago. Big (ie, impossible) multipliers against us and didn't even play the rounds that were involved in our Clash.. Was playing full 18's (and they were not Bof5, so other courses seem to have same glitch).

AD,

Well once Mags bought into the fact that there was definitely a glitch, I guess that should have been enough for me to change my opinion.  Now that I'm seeing it with screen shots it makes me laugh.  Has me wondering...

• Did you even have to have a Clash opponent or were points just accumulating under your CC name?
    • I see now that if you did have an opponent then late surges by the opposition blindsided you.  WOW...unfair for sure, but, kind of funny too.  Wins and losses in these Clashes don't matter anyway...just total points scored.  Wonder if The Georgian earned any Gold Putters this way?

Oh well...another item that won't get fixed any time soon.  And if it does, someone will dig up the next loophole.  Devious minds...geniuses at work!

Sorry I doubted all of you...my bad!

Paul

• protocolboy
    2,353 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2018 11:56 PM

WGTChampion:

Here are the steps I took after hearing about this "Clash gltch":

After I played a regular Clash round I went to our clubpage to play an 18 hole BOP5. I didn't see the blue "superpass" prompt so I invited a friend to play a 9 hole BOP5 round.   This time the SP prompt did appear and I clicked on it. (I knew our CC had 3 SP's available).  

After the round I went back to the Clash and saw that an SP had been used and the BOP5 score had been registered.  (I was the only member of my club playing at the time).  I then used another SP for a real Clash round and the Clash ended by timing out on my 7th hole ... which I took as "Instant Karma: ... aka... "gotcha".  (btw ... I got the XP for the 2 player BOP5 round).

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2018 4:13 AM

We were beaten in a club clash by over 2000 points with one guy scoring them all . It was at pebble beach with high winds where everybody seemed to struggle to make scores .

I thought this guy must be a good player so I looked him up .

A hack with no rounds played whatsoever .

His lucky day perhaps .

RSS