Forums

Help › Forums

interesting clash points

Wed, Nov 7 2018 2:45 AM (81 replies)
  • Corrochano007
    83 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2018 5:51 PM

Just another example of this behavior, today we played a Clash against the same CC and 45 minutes before the end of the Clash, 2 players from this CC scored basic 382 and 312 without any multipliers.
    That leaves an average of 40 point per hole almost like Eagle every single hole, take a look at the Score History of those 2 players and they only played 3 times the best of par 5 18 holes
    Sincerely This makes NO sense at all, it has nothing to do with the multipliers, We took screen shots of the clash scores and their profile scores history to prove our point
    I also know that I shouldn't mention players names but they are both in authority at the club
    This hole issue is directed to WGT, What point is there in Clubs playing the clash if the scoring system is open to this form of cheating

• GrahamB2014
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2018 2:02 PM

I asked Corrochano007 to post this reply for me as he is a Spanish member of MEGA CC and he was very unhappy that players from his country were cheating like this.

There are two issues here one being that WGT have known about this problem for months; why have they not been monitoring this club during the clashes to find out what they are doing?

Secondly this is WGT's flagship tournament if they cannot stop this form of cheating then there is no point in playing in the clashes, people buy passes to play in the clashes to earn points for there club during it. This club then just cheats to get the highest multipliers (382 * 6 multiplyer = 2292 pts for 1 round) and thus win the clash. Some of the players at MEGA CC are seriously considering boycotting the clash until WGT fix this issue and if we ever come up against this club again I doubt if any one will play them.

Just to let you all know how this club are cheating as no one in the above thread/posts seems to have spotted it. What they are doing is playing on a different course during the clash, they pick the WGT best of par 5's which is the easiest to score on and play 18 holes.Some times when you go to the game client and setup/start this game you will get the option to use a super pass (this is the WGT glitch). This club are deliberately cheating there is no other word for it because in using a super pass the points some how count towards the clash.

This is not the first time this club has done this and they need to be stopped.

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2018 3:30 PM

Corrochano007:
    What point is there in Clubs playing the clash if the scoring system is open to this form of cheating

This IS no point to playing in a clash, never has been, doubt there ever will be.

It is nothing more than a money spinning exercise perpetrated by WGT and swallowed whole by many.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2018 8:59 PM
    Corrochano007:

Just another example of ths behavior, today we played a Clash against the same CC and 45 minutes before the end of the Clash, 2 players from this CC scored basic 382 and 312 without any multipliers.
    That leaves an average of 40 point per hole almost like Eagle every single hole, take a look at the Score History of those 2 players and they only played 3 times the best of par 5 18 holes
    Sincerely This makes NO sense at all, it has nothing to do with the multipliers, We took screen shots of the clash scores and their profile scores history to prove our point
    I also know that I shouldn't mention players names but they are both in authority at the club
    This hole issue is directed to WGT, What point is there in Clubs playing the clash if the scoring system is open to this form of cheating

They probably used a “Superpass” when they played.
  • Corrochano007
    83 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2018 1:49 PM

As I already mentions of course the used a pass but even then it is Impossible to make that score on 9holes St.Andrews, as Graham mentioned it has to do with an error from WGT that allows some players to use a super pass on a different course and jet use that score on the class, in this case both players used a super pass on Best Of Par 5 18 holes (easy to make high scores) and those point multiplied by whatever multiplier they have at the class comes up as their result for the class

In fact, WGT answered me about this Issue with the exact same email they already sent to a previous similar complain (posted on this same thread):

“….Thank you for bringing this player to our attention. We will take appropriate action against the player in the result of our investigation. Please know that we may not disclose any information regarding the progress of this case due to privacy concerns.

If you have any further questions or concerns, let us know and we will be glad to help.

All the best,

WGT Members Services…..”

As you can see the answer is just like the typical “…..this is an automated response…..” and in fact, I am not interested at all on whatever happens to those players who actually take advantage of this “BUG” on WGT, my concern is that It makes no sense to play on a class if this “BUG” is still available to some players, I think that WGT should fix this issue.

Again, I am not asking from WGT to punish anyone or to give my team any point or credits or nothing like that, I just want to be able to play a Clash and at the end be confident that if I lose is because the other team played better, not because they found a “BUG” on WGT and are taking advantage of that, let’s face it all that changes in best case scenario is that you get one more pass and maybe one extra course builder.

From the point of view of WGT, this post and my message or the previous one from Scott (MandLebrot), should be consider like a “BUG” report, just like the ones you sent when you are a beta tester of a software, we are helping WGT to identify an error “free of charge”, all I am asking is that they fix-it and just confirm us that problem is solved.

Thanks Guys

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2018 3:08 AM
    There are also 300 point awards at the end of a clash for “Longest Putt”, “Longest Holed Shot”, etc. My guess is the person who played last also won the Awards. The Clash adds up correctly. No issues there.
  • justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2018 9:43 AM

newcastleb:

Corrochano007:
    What point is there in Clubs playing the clash if the scoring system is open to this form of cheating

This IS no point to playing in a clash, never has been, doubt there ever will be.

It is nothing more than a money spinning exercise perpetrated by WGT and swallowed whole by many.

theres really people that still play this dumb  clash game ?

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2018 1:08 PM

Seems like you are missing the point Paul. They are saying these players are not playing the Clash course (St A in this case), but are using a bug that allows them to score points on Bo5. 

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2018 10:33 PM
    fmagnets:

Seems like you are missing the point Paul. They are saying these players are not playing the Clash course (St A in this case), but are using a bug that allows them to score points on Bo5. 

How do we “engage” the bug? We all know how the XP bug works...why hasn’t anyone come forward with this BOP5 loophole? Nobody on this site can remain that f-ing quiet. I doubt it exists until someone lets the cat out of the bag.
  • GrahamB2014
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2018 8:38 AM

I can say with 100% certainty that this bug exists.

It only happens every now and then and I am not sure how to replicate it but I have seen the blue super pass option come up for me during a clash whilst I was setting up another round on a different course other than the one that the clash was currently running on.

I guess that if you try to start a round and do not get the super pass option you just keep backing out of the game until you do get it.

This cheating club use this to set up a BOP 5 18 hole round as this gives you the best chance of scoring big points and thus also gets you the 6 times score multiplier. I have also checked with other members of MEGA CC and we can trace this club doing this at least twice against MEGA CC and that we also suspect another club of using the same bug.

The maximum score roughly in points that you could get during the clash for a 9 hole round would be lets say a birdie on each hole with super pass means 24 points each hole equals 216 points these players were getting well over 350 points. It was the fact that 2 players at this club used this bug to get the 6 times and 5 times multipliers that won them the clash (around 4000 points between them and we have screen shots as proof). You can also look at these 2 players playing record against us during the clash there is a record in their score histories about playing BOP5 18 holes whilst the actual clash was on St Andrews .One player never even played on St Andrews but he had a big points score counting in the clash ; how ? this bug.

I have no desire that these players be sanctioned or that their club be banned from the clash all I want is for WGT to admit  that the bug exists and just fix it.

WGT have known about this issue for some time as it was reported months ago by another club and all they said was that they would look into it but they have obviously not done enough if anything.

Until WGT fix this the clash is further devalued as a competition and if MEGA CC come up against this club again I will not play in it . MEGA CC will not resort to using this bug we know it exists but we will not cheat ; if any club needs to cheat like this to win I feel sorry for them.

RSS