Forums

Help › Forums

IMPROVE CLUB CLASH AWARDS PLEASE !

Mon, Feb 10 2020 1:59 AM (62 replies)
  • Alain760
    350 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 10:31 AM

Hi i play alot in head to head game, i am asking my opponents if they play in clash event it is stunning to hear that they played but no more now cause it takes time and money for crap.

I played today with Hollywood58 owner of GIR CC he discourage his players to participate in clash and encourage to put credits in CC TOURNEY, that's a pity to reach this point.

I am honest i dont play only for fun i play to win credits, coins so what is the point to play in the clash just for glory. Nope sorry

WGT reward the players that help you to be the biggest game of golf Thanks

• 308Shooter
    27 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 10:45 AM

Until a change for the better is implemented, as to the complaints mentioned in this thread and numerous others,the United States Long Knockers club will not be participating in clashes from this point forward.

• Rick6208
    2,136 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 1:17 PM

Glad to see so many Club owners speaking out about this! Yes the virtual Prizes cost nothing to make ( Golf balls, putter, clubs are already in their software programs) but the amount of incentive an increase in these prizes would give our / their Members would far outweigh the cost and for sure would increase their bottom line! 

Open your eyes, think outside the BOX and you will make a lot of Club owners and Members Happy!

• muncher27
    416 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 9:30 PM

we at limb have decided we will not be entering this next upcoming clash, we will be running an in house 2day tournament with much better prizes, 

goodluck to those entering the clash

• HalHoff
    815 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2018 8:43 AM

Like others have stated, prizes are ridiculously poor.  Our  old club (SDC) before old owner burned it down was a top Clash club for a few months. We battled the Gs in the game of who could spend the most a couple of times. Our club gave out more prizes to our members (sleeves of balls for being high scorers in individual clashes) than WGT gave for coming in 2nd or 3rd. Like the owner of LIMB noted, you can’t compete when your course selection isn’t the same as your opponents either. Playing Merion or Chambers vs their Best of Par5s isn t a level playing field. WGT could not guarantee the randomness of courses to be fair competition. We have not attempted to compete in the spending war since that time and have boycotted it in a sense for the past year. Our members are asked to play one pass in clash to achieve the same exact prize as everyone in the G sans one. They get the exact same prize without spending a dime as we did playing 50 rounds each. 

We are much happier playing against members in our own club and participating in our League tourneys created by SweetBritches then mindlessly burning through passes every other week. For those that like clashing, go for it. Our club figured it out long ago that clashing is not our emphasis. Been there done that!

We did let wgt know a year and a half ago about the ridiculousness of the prizes after we achieved top 3. I believe every participating member should be awarded a sleeve of virtual balls for 3rd and a dozen balls for 2nd. Then it “might” be a worthwhile effort to go after. I will not ask my members to spend the kind of dollars it would take to win a prize for one individual in our club period. 

Hal Hoff

VMFG co owner

• Rick6208
    2,136 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2018 1:51 PM

Could not of said it better Hal , The Prize structure has got to change and increase it’s just worth the effort and cost ! 

I read a WGT post when they introduced The apparel to the mobile app players that said: OUR MEMBERS SPOKE AND WE LISTENED!  Well your Members and Club owners are speaking now WGT ! 

• 308Shooter
    27 Posts
    Sun, Jun 24 2018 9:48 AM

Skipping one or two won't accomplish squat.

There needs to be an indefinite moratorium until changes to both the course structure 'randomness' and prize value/levels are implemented. 

• slashcity1
    999 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2018 10:47 AM

Ketket1:

Hi Rick,

Totally agree. I am owner of Blood and Fire. We now regularly finish top 4-6 in Clash. It's really hard to get there and maintain it and takes a huge effort from members. It is also a pretty expensive exercise (ie it makes WGT a lot of money). Our members would spend tens of thousand of credits on buying or gifting club passes. It wouldn't be uncommon for some members to churn through a couple of sleeves of balls during the 48 hours. And I'd guarantee any club in the top 10-15 would experience the exact same thing. 

For something that is such a cash cow for WGT, an improvement in the prizes would only cost them a fraction of what they actually make from the Clash. 

I'm sure, like a lot of other clubs, that none of our members play for the prizes. They'll battle it out just to finish as high as we possibly can. But, having said that, it would be nice to be able to reward a club that finishes say 4th or 5th with something more than a club that finishes say 50th. 

What he said  + This is the major event for WGT, to fight your way into the top 10 you should be justly rewarded.  I've never seen a contest where 5th and 50th get the same prize, the whole thing needs to be restructured.

John

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2018 3:03 PM

muncher27:
    we at limb have decided we will not be entering this next upcoming clash,

Holy moly, that's one way to ensure boycotting the clash. Boot every member out of the club and shut it down, lol.

RIP Limb, you were fun to follow for a while there anyways. Good luck to all involved in future endeavors.

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2018 7:09 PM

As a club owner, I hesitate to jump into this discussion.

I agree with doing something about the rewards.  But right now the facts exist.

There is no difference between 4th and 50th and and deal with it that way.  Nobody has to play, no BD club member is expected to buy passes, and because of new scoring rules … we have restricted use of superpasses.  I didn't want to do that, but we adjusted.

Goal is just to be in top 50 and get the 4 free passes for every member who played.  And it is fun to win the match.  But I have members who don't like it, so they won't play.  Nobody gets kicked from Black Diamond GC for not playing.  It's for the ones that enjoy it.

The idea of buying who knows how many passes to get into top 3 is silly.

Tom.

RSS