• PAGES
  • BellaGrayce
    166 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2018 9:28 AM

I’m not sure what “within x shots” mean. Please clarify. Thanks

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 6:15 AM

G'day stranger. It means within x shots of the player who's leading.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 6:58 AM

I never use cut lines in CC Tournaments. I can see using it on the Majors, when you have thousands playing though.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 7:57 AM

BellaGrayce:

I’m not sure what “within x shots” mean. Please clarify. Thanks

Take the leader's score and subtract that "x". That will be the cut line. It's like they do on the RL tour.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 12:52 PM

Be careful with cut lines in CC tournies, especially with credits at stake!

The tourney may end with too small a number of winners, or with none at all - credits being dumped to the company.

I recommend not to use any, because they have no meaningful purpose but exclude members from playing CC tournaments.

• xlviii
    502 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 1:38 PM

alosso:

Be careful with cut lines in CC tournies, especially with credits at stake!

The tourney may end with too small a number of winners, or with none at all - credits being dumped to the company.

I recommend not to use any, because they have no meaningful purpose but exclude members from playing CC tournaments.

I think they pay extra to the valid participants. I've played in several CC tourneys where we didn't have 10 players to enter and I received more credits than my position would dictate if there were the full 10 players.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 2:22 PM

xlviii:
    I think they pay extra to the valid participants. I've played in several CC tourneys where we didn't have 10 players to enter and I received more credits than my position would dictate if there were the full 10 players.

They do but i have seen a couple of our CC tournaments where no one made the cut. One such tourney had  a small field and the cut line to make round 4 was 10% of the field + ties. There were only 3 players left. 10% of 3 is 0.3 so no one made the cut .

This is a copy of a response that i made to our CC owner about that particular tourney

About that tourney MC means missed the cut. All of us who finished round 3 missed the cut. The tourney host set a cut line in round 3 of 10% +ties. With 3 players left in the tourney that made the 10%cut line was .3 players so none of us made the cut. The percentage of players cut lines are for tourneys with several players entered, it wont work well with a small field. You might let the others know what happened.

We also had one that was set to within x of leader and the x was 5. Anyone within 5 strokes made the cut, But in  that tourney one of our best players was shooting lights out. After round 2 he had a 7 stroke lead on me and i was in second, None of the 20 or so other players made the cut. So yes be very careful when setting up tourneys with cut lines.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 4:29 PM

borntobesting:
    10% of 3 is 0.3 so no one made the cut .

Monty Python would call that merely a flesh wound.  :-D

• BellaGrayce
    166 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2018 3:18 PM

I was trying to create something similar to an elimination tourney with our club. If anyone has a better idea feel free to share. Thanks. Hi mick!!!

• BellaGrayce
    166 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2018 9:45 PM

I didn’t know if it meant within x shots of par or the leader. Thanks yall

• PAGES
RSS