Forums

Help › Forums

Earn free credits

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 6 2018 3:31 AM (23 replies)
  • bbair60
    6 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2018 9:01 PM
    Since the last update for the iPad, when I click to warch a video, I get a black screen and have to restart the game. No video shows. Works fine on android smart phone.
  • xlviii
    502 Posts
    Mon, Jun 11 2018 6:01 PM

bbair60:
    een and have to restart the game. No video shows. Works fine on android smart ph

I don't have that specific problem, but I get different results on different devices as well.

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Mon, Jun 11 2018 6:04 PM

bbair60:
    Since the last update for the iPad, when I click to warch a video, I get a black screen and have to restart the game. No video shows. Works fine on android smart phone.

Every once in a while, that happens. Like you’ve already discovered, just restart the app. Typically, that fixes it.  

• bbair60
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jun 11 2018 6:37 PM

This particular problem is not being cured by restarting the app.

• bbair60
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jun 11 2018 6:39 PM

Haven't been able to view videos on my iPad since last Thurs after a WGT update.

• bbair60
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jun 11 2018 8:23 PM

Videos are finally available again.

• BackdoorHippie
    51 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 7:31 AM

I have this problem frequently on iPad and it's really bothersome. I'm in the middle of a slog to get to level 96 (god that's a lot of XPs) so I've been doing the Watch A Video For More XP's thing at the end of single hole matches to get there faster. When I get the black screen of death I have to kill the app (double click the home button, swipe it away and restart it - simply getting out and back in don't work). The thing is, once it happens this seems to happen on 90% of the videos whether watching them for XP's or credits. When I get back I'll get a different pop-up for the match telling me what happened, and I get the basic XP credit for the match. What I haven't been able to determine yet is whether or not it also credits you for any sponsor item updates that I would have received had I not clicked on the video.

It always eventually stops happening, but I can never tell if it's just me it's happening to or other folks at the same time - like it started happening to me last night (why I'm here) just as it seems to have stopped for you. Regardless, what a pain.

I believe in the past I've deleted and reinstalled the app which clears the files saved on the device, which seems to have cleared it up. Going to try that now.

• bbair60
    6 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 5:49 PM

I'm having the problem again. It works for a bit and then black screen again. For me it started after the last update to the app that introduced the new pro shop.

• BackdoorHippie
    51 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 7:16 AM

I deleted and reinstalled three times over the weekend. First time it cleared everything up, next time it did for about 20 minutes. After that nothing.

Another thread is open about the same issue. Seems we're not the only ones dealing with it.

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 9:59 AM

bbair60:
    I'm having the problem again. It works for a bit and then black screen again. For me it started after the last update to the app that introduced the new pro shop.

I think your experience is coincidental to the last update. In other words, I don't think the recent update has anything to do with it. This issue is not new. 

RSS