Forums

Help › Forums

Why Forfeit?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 10 2019 7:57 PM (24 replies)
  • LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2018 4:16 PM

The people forfeit ... because they lose nothing, this site DONT CARE if the people forfeit, because they lose nothing either, the % of completion is bull$hit, they say is made taking in count the last 100 rounds, but NEVER has explain how much of that 100 rounds determine the ''color %''

Playing ONE round per day take almost FOUR months in that % have a variation

FOR ME the system should be take in count the last 10 rounds, & must be actualized after the reach of 10 rounds, over & over, also if someone have (for example) three disconnects in a row...they must be penalized with an increase of the AVG, is what the vast mayority of people take care in this game

Of course, their are some people have no intention of forfeit...but some external problem can detemine an disconnect

I don't care if some people are enough !DIOT to forfeit if are having a ''bad round'', what i care is the time i waste playing with someone who dont respect the time of the others

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2018 7:13 AM

LEDzZzEPP:

whole lot of stuff that isn't applicable.

H2H is coin matches on mobile. they are 1 and 3 hole matches with some 9 holers thrown in.

the vast majority of matches played are the 1 and 3 hole matches.

Here is some info you might not be aware of.

Sponsorships last 30 minutes. and the timer without paying for another is 6 hours. and who knows when someone is trying to beat a timer to get in an extra sponsorship match before the timer runs out.

Do i see some players forfeit when they shouldn't? absolutely. i had one person 2 nights ago on a kia par 3 hole forfeit because they missed the green and i was about 5-6 feet below the hole. that putt is by no means a gimme and he forfeited. to me that was a bad choice. but hey it made my life easier. game was over faster and i did have a sponsorship round going and managed to squeeze in an extra match. 

it ended up benefiting me in more ways than one.

• ScottyAKing
    175 Posts
    Wed, Sep 5 2018 5:56 PM

Forfeiters used to really get under my skin.  While I still think it’s pretty pathetic, I’m (mostly) at the point of just rolling my eyes, and moving right along.  I only wish they’d done it sooner so as to not waste more of my time. 

I’ve moved on to being annoyed at people using wedges on the green at the moment.  No doubt it’ll pass sometime soon too. 

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Wed, Sep 5 2018 7:13 PM

Mythanatos:

LEDzZzEPP:

H2H is coin matches on mobile. they are 1 and 3 hole matches with some 9 holers thrown in.

Sponsorships last 30 minutes. and the timer without paying for another is 6 hours. and who knows when someone is trying to beat a timer to get in an extra sponsorship match before the timer runs out.

Do i see some players forfeit when they shouldn't? absolutely. i had one person 2 nights ago on a kia par 3 hole forfeit because they missed the green and i was about 5-6 feet below the hole. that putt is by no means a gimme and he forfeited. to me that was a bad choice. but hey it made my life easier. game was over faster and i did have a sponsorship round going and managed to squeeze in an extra match. 

Whats that quote from me....??

Ya, 1 and 3 hole's...., thats ''not Golf'' at all, but

I just play 9 or 18

• JonnoAUS
    31 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2018 12:12 AM

LEDzZzEPP:

Mythanatos:

LEDzZzEPP:

Whats that quote from me....??

Ya, 1 and 3 hole's...., thats ''not Golf'' at all, but

I just play 9 or 18

Same, I much prefer the 9 holes. And they can have as many or more at times then the ‘hit and giggle’ 1 and 3 holers. 

Forfeiting annoys me too. Even worse is the good players that forfeit on hole 1 after getting a bogey. Sour grapes much? 

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2018 2:37 PM
    I’ve gotten used to those forfeiting. They think they’re saving strokes on a ball, even though putting doesn’t shorten ball life. They’re embarrassed. Since reaching saturation at Champion (where your average can only go down), I’ve had players quit before hitting a tee shot. That’s just throwing away your entry fee to a game. However, the lowest of the low are those who not only don’t know how to forfeit, so you have to wait while they timeout, but do so after missing a gimme putt. But I’ve started taking screenshots of those losers so I have their names to block them, or post a nasty note on their wall. There should be a running list of them for public shaming. So to start it out.... (edit: I was advised naming the lowlife involved was against WGT policy, so I’ve removed it. Needless to say, there are many just like him). In addition to his forfeiting by timing out, I left him a message and noticed he has no Country Club. There was a note implying he got thrown out of one for not adhering to their one rule: Help the club by using your free passes. Not surprisingly, he has 1 friend and has been on WGT for over two years. Also of note, he appears to go through a lot of expensive balls. Such a gentleman’s (and lady’s) game.
  • Bluto346
    74 Posts
    Sun, Sep 16 2018 9:11 AM

It used to bother me when players would forfeit, mostly because I was starting out, and I was all about accumulating as many XP's as I could. Nowadays, I mostly play H2H in the Tokyo room, and if a player wants to stiff and hand me 450k+ coins without breaking a sweat, you'll get no argument from me. ;)

Myself? I play it out to the bitter end.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sun, Sep 16 2018 11:30 AM

Even Tour pros are learning to forfeit..used to bother me, but now, I’m hoping for them to forfeit early to get the most of my sponsorship.

• ScottyAKing
    175 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2018 9:13 PM

It’s even lower than Tour Pros.  First they moan about playing a high level opponent, then throw in the towel.  I say, don’t let the numbers fool you. As SlickHunter knows, anyone has a fair shot against me, here. 

I don’t mind playing the newbies, cos I remember what it was like.  I try and be nice, and offer any tips they want.  Not that I profess to be an expert!

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2018 10:16 AM

ScottyAKing:

It’s even lower than Tour Pros.  First they moan about playing a high level opponent, then throw in the towel.  I say, don’t let the numbers fool you. As SlickHunter knows, anyone has a fair shot against me, here. 

I don’t mind playing the newbies, cos I remember what it was like.  I try and be nice, and offer any tips they want.  Not that I profess to be an expert!

When I was Tour Pro, and I feltl lucky when I played Legends.  I got to test my skill, and learned something from them. For me, win or lose is pretty much the same thing. It’s the enjoyment of playing I care about, and course it fills in my free time.

Dont sell yourself short buddy. You’re a pretty good player.

RSS