Help › Forums

Tiered Tournaments

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 12 2018 5:26 AM (4 replies)
  • muzishn
    37 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2018 8:22 AM

Hello,

Is it possible to do tiered o handicapped tournaments?

I played the U.S. Open qualifier a number of times and my best score put me in 2015th place.

I thoroughly enjoy these tourneys but  I would at least like a chance at making a cut playing against other hackers like myself.

Thx, Randy Read,(muzishn).

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2018 12:54 PM

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2018 8:50 PM

muzishn:
     I thoroughly enjoy these tourneys but  I would at least like a chance at making a cut playing against other hackers like myself.
    As a L99 Master, you have access to most of the best equipment, thus the material side would be covered to arrive - guessing - 1,000 ranks up on the scoreboard. Alas, any "Hacker" player might lack the experience to succeed in all the approaches, to drain all the putts necessary for such phantastic qualifying scores (max 56 as of now).

I used to play it a few times to discover the courses, but there's no news this year, so I played it once, for the sweepstakes (#5603). You certainly made the cut against me ;)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Jun 11 2018 9:08 PM

muzishn:
    I would at least like a chance at making a cut playing against other hackers like myself.

+1 ......but

As pointed out, this is one of the pinnacles of the WGT calendar - a major event designed so the best of the best can fight out for the glory of winning the VUSO.

Sadly, I will not make the cut, but it must be noted, your are 2015 places higher than me....actually more as I have not played it.

I would like WGT to make the qualifier a single play event, but lets be serious........

So whilst being serious, I want to play at the real US Open, so I have written to the USGA and said, I admit I am not even a scratch handicapper but would love to play this prestigious event, but to give me a small shot at qualifying, can I tee off 50 meters in from in front of the green on every hole?

I have not heard back yet.....

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2018 5:26 AM

alanti:

I want to play at the real US Open, so I have written to the USGA and said, I admit I am not even a scratch handicapper but would love to play this prestigious event, but to give me a small shot at qualifying, can I tee off 50 meters in from in front of the green on every hole?

I have not heard back yet.....

There's ya problem Al....if'n you'd said 50 yards they would have been able to understand you.  :-)

Thomas

RSS