Forums

Help › Forums

HOW TO PLAY WGT GOLF!

Sat, Jun 9 2018 5:40 AM (25 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 8:57 AM

And at the risk of piling  on, while the 26 is always a decent score, let's pump the breaks a bit on that one. The course is set up as a "low winds" and "standard greens" tournament. 

With those conditions, the front 9 of St. Andrews is pretty defenseless, especially if a player has a decent driver and wedges as well as not playing from the back tees. 

Shoot that score from the back tees, with default winds, and championship greens. Then you really have something (IMO). :-) 

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 9:04 AM

@crmamx Glad that you found what you feel is the light at the end of the tunnel . However I have never heard of Mistress Cosette and you are only a L60 Master . Most of us who have already been playing the game for a few years now kind of dispute your post . Me I will be celebrating 7 years in a few more days .

Being new to the game you just cant run behind everything you read about the game . You spent a month wasting your time reading some ones garbage about the game . If you really want to learn how to play then come to the forums . Here you will get the best help you will ever want . There are many good players here who will gladly help you become a good player .

If you want to shoot top scores its very simple . There is no secret to it at all . It only requires practice practice and then even more practice . You have to be willing to put your time in as there are no short cuts . So the bottom line is also simple . Think for yourself and learn for your self . This game plays a lot like the real thing and you play it that way . You still have a long way to go and a lot of golf to play . In time you will find your way and have fun doing so .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 9:13 AM

crmamx:
    I have read most of the posts in the Forum on how to play better WGT golf and most of it is just silly.

What's silly is playing the same course over and over and not getting better. As many times as you've played SA you should be embarrassed shooting over a 30 there. Might be time to pay attention to some of that advice you turn your nose up to. JMO.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 9:23 AM

YankeeJim:
    What's silly is playing the same course over and over and not getting better. As many times as you've played SA you should be embarrassed shooting over a 30 there. Might be time to pay attention to some of that advice you turn your nose up to. JMO.

+1 Jim

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 9:30 AM

Just grip it and rip it...:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_2KWie9hAQ

• SauloMagno
    57 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 11:28 AM

crmamx:

Now I have to figure out how these Champions shoot 22's. So far I can't find anyone to tell me.

Oh, is really easy: They have a great clubs, they have a great balls, but most important: When they were Masters, they listened and learned all those tips that you consider worthless.

I start in 2010 but no play at all. Try again in 2012 and again I retired in a few days. Now I have time and I played again since February/2018.

I saw your statistics and they are much better than mine (maybe it's a natural skill), but in life I've learned that discipline sooner or later will pay off and I hope someday to do 22 in St Andres F9.

Ask, learn and practice. There is no elevator for success, you have to take the stairs.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 2:05 PM

I am a little confused,

You acknowledge the programmers/mathematicians are very good and they have come up with very complex equations for the game play. With this in mind, you have now lowered your average so you are closer to finding the holy grail of WGT - the magical formula?

Now you are new, a master, have lower equipment, play pretty much one course (well 50% of it) probably play red tees, you do not play multiplayer games.......so in no time you will be shooting 22's as well (and this is not the norm).

Hit enough 26's, and you will have an average of 52.....and challenge the very best of WGT.......only problem is, most of those can score well from mens tees and on all the courses.

Good luck with your WGT journey, and who knows, one day it might graduate to the back nine.....or even another course.......failing that....tin foil hats might be on say in the pro shop one day/

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 2:31 PM

Robert1893:

crmamx:
    Now I have to figure out how these Champions shoot 22's. So far I can't find anyone to tell me.

Well, none of them would really want to bother you with their worthless advice even if their intentions were well meaning. 

I have to wonder, why isn't the info from the mistress, getting you scores of 22, and 23s? 

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 2:51 PM

Luckystar5:
    I have to wonder, why isn't the info from the mistress, getting you scores of 22, and 23s? 

Personally, I can consistently shoot a 22 or 23.

But then I go and ruin the round by playing the last 3 holes. ;-) 

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 5:12 PM

Luckystar5:

Cause the mistress cant shoot 22 or 23s either lol . Look at her scores  she cant even shoot 29s . All of that advice on how to play the game and cant even post a 29 from the tips .

RSS