Forums

Help › Forums

HOW TO PLAY WGT GOLF!

Sat, Jun 9 2018 5:40 AM (25 replies)
  • crmamx
    369 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 5:28 PM

I have read most of the posts in the Forum on how to play better WGT golf and most of it is just silly. Advice such as "if such and such I add 10 yards or if I am in this position I subtract 4." I am sure the intentions are well meaning but the advice is worthless.

The mathematics of a projectile in motion has been well known for more than a hundred years. How do you think a cannon is fired with deadly accuracy? A sharpshooter knows the math. So do the people that launch rockets. And a golf ball is just another projectile.

The WGT owners have obviously hired some really good mathematicians and programmers because this game is as close to reality as one could make it. And it is complicated, very complicated. You don't  have a simple  wind factor acting on the ball, it depends on the force, the angle it is coming from, whether is is an ocean wind or inland wind and whether the shot is 0-150 yards or 150-300+ yards. Putting is just as complicated. And there is more, much more.

So I am going to tell you where you can get an answer to ANY question you might have concerning how to play better WFT golf. But don't expect to spend 30 minutes reading it and lower your scores by X number of strokes. I spent the better part of a month, every day, pouring over the data. It is long and detailed and tedious. Sorry, no one or two formulas or shortcuts. But I was able to lower my 9 hole average from 32-34 to today I shot a 26 at St. Andy's f9.

Now I have to figure out how these Champions shoot 22's. So far I can't find anyone to tell me.

Visit MistressCosette and read her blog which is posted.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 6:08 PM

crmamx:
    Now I have to figure out how these Champions shoot 22's. So far I can't find anyone to tell me.

Well, none of them would really want to bother you with their worthless advice even if their intentions were well meaning. 

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 6:31 PM

crmamx:
    Now I have to figure out how these Champions shoot 22's

Many years and thousands of games of experience that eventually brings course knowledge, feel and instinct into partnership with formulas.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 7:02 PM

Hmmmmm, well I'd like to thank all those others,  for their garbage advice and formulas.  Somehow, they seemed to have worked for me, or maybe it is just in my name?  By the way, a lot of those things came from people shooting 22 and 23s. Just a thought. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 7:38 PM

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 8:08 PM

Hope that limb isn't too far off the ground :-p   lol

• xlviii
    502 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 8:29 PM

Pages and pages of info on how to play a game by a TL with a 65 average that might even be saturated sounds like over-complication. I agree that not all of the info on the forums is helpful, but I look at players' recent scores and the conditions they played them in when deciding whether or not they probably have good advice.

Congrats on the 26.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 7:49 AM

Luckystar5:

Hmmmmm, well I'd like to thank all those others,  for their garbage advice and formulas.  Somehow, they seemed to have worked for me, or maybe it is just in my name?  By the way, a lot of those things came from people shooting 22 and 23s. Just a thought. 

+1

This game would have been impossible without the great advice I got on these forums years ago. It opened up a whole world finding out about that search button.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 8:36 AM

DonCaron:

+1

This game would have been impossible without the great advice I got on these forums years ago. It opened up a whole world finding out about that search button.

+2

Since joining back in 2015, I've learned a lot through the forums. And I'll admit that I'm also a lot like xlviii, who posted above. I look at the person's tier and average when considering the person's advice. 

At this point, I'll stick with the advice of some people I've read on here. After all, their advice has served me well. And practice. There's always that as well! :-) 

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 8:43 AM

Real nice 37 you shot on the front nine at Beth Page!

RSS