Forums

Help › Forums

Anybody else having issues

Thu, Aug 30 2018 10:42 PM (218 replies)
  • Kmon26
    4 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2018 5:31 PM

I get all the suggested "fixes" but I really want know what changed and why on WGT's side?  I wasn't having this issue a month ago.  Thinking about uninstalling.  The game was fine before, why mess with it. Like Yahoo mail, every time they "upgrade" it's worse!!

• LLLlloyd88
    176 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2018 3:57 AM

I have always used Opera because that always worked best for me. When I allowed the version 30 flash to update thats when I started getting the problems reported earlier. I uninstalled version 30 and installed version 29.0.0.171 and everything is back to normal.  When you download a previous version they group all the different installs in one zip file, the install file that works for Opera is "flashplayer29_0r0_171_winpep.exe".

• Nils13
    426 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2018 4:17 AM

I too have had the shuttering, flickering experience

After installing the Maxthon browser (MX5, 5.2.3.3000) and finding the previous Flash version, 29.0.0.140, on the net which I also installed all is back to normal for me

• fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 7:14 AM

Wow did you watch the open.... Looks like wgt set up the greens....Sharp 90 degree breaks at the hole the players could not see... Maybe since the open has been here and gone the game will return to normal...... Been long enough wgt fix this thing.

• petrieboy
    434 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2018 5:20 AM

the whole game is shuttering on my end. trying to aim the ball when on the green has gotten almost impossable.there is nothing smooth about the game at all. tried all kinds of browsers still the same. tried to change flash but not pc savye to do so. if they dont fix soon i will be leaving this game 4 good.

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2018 7:03 PM

The silence from WGT is deafening. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 3:53 AM

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 4:23 AM

petrieboy:

the whole game is shuttering on my end. trying to aim the ball when on the green has gotten almost impossable.there is nothing smooth about the game at all. tried all kinds of browsers still the same. tried to change flash but not pc savye to do so. if they dont fix soon i will be leaving this game 4 good.

They can't fix it because they didn't make the flash update. That was Adobe and you for allowing the update. You probably have flash updates set to automatic and as soon as a flash update becomes available it updates automatically without any input from you,A better option is to set flash updates so that you can choose if and when flash is updated. That is the setting i use. And generally i wait 2 or 3 days before accepting a flash update to see if there are any problems with the new version. That is why I an still on version 29.0.0.171 which works to near perfection.

Have you tried Microsoft Edge? it is one of the very few browsers that will update flash automatically even if the auto update option is bot selected. it works well with flash version 30.0.0.113.

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 6:32 AM

TopShelf2010:

pearljammmmer:

The silence from WGT is deafening. 

Back on Page 5...

WGTChampion:

Judging by the timing of when this started happening, it seems like it's caused by the newest flash update. 

While the dev team investigates further, I found this link to help players revert to an earlier version of flash.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/install-previous-version-flash-player.html

_CHAMPION 

Yeah, that was 12 days ago. I did see that when it was posted, but I use Chrome so I can't revert to an earlier version of Flash. Installing other browsers has resulted in jerky meter issues.  Contacting customer support resulted in the same old "clear your cache and browsing data, close other sites while playing" advice, insinuating the problem is on the player's end.

Haven't heard anything from WGT further since that one post. One post within a thread doesn't cut it. How many players have even seen that post? Not many.

• KILLER52
    749 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 6:48 AM

"It's not us.  It's them."

I encounter that sentence on a hourly basis - regarding everything.

20 pages.  It sure gets old.

Anyone here play cribbage?

:(

RSS