Forums

Help › Forums

Tired Of Hurrigames. Aim Misques.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 15 2018 7:11 AM (41 replies)
  • U751
    22 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2018 11:15 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but I am getting extremely tired of playing unrealistic "Hurrigames."

80 - 90% of the games Im getting are "Hurrigames." Playing 35, 33, 30, 29 mile an hour winds on every freaking game and hole is stupid. I play golf all the time. I face those types on winds on these very same courses in real life maybe once every two years. Just ask the pro in the pro shop at any of these courses.

Also, many approach shot views are at irregular angles. Some holes Im looking 90 degrees on the sides of the hole trying to figure out hurricane winds and angels. Stupid and way below a bood game ability. Why cant we get a normal view like every other good golf game? Like in a game consol?

Please. Set the game parameters to match at least real life on any given day on these courses in real life and fix that terrible, 20 year old view issue. Thats for games that have no real 3d abilities.

When can we get this done?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2018 9:44 AM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2018 10:45 AM

U751:
    Why cant we get a normal view like every other good golf game? Like in a game consol?

Because the game doesn't reside on your computer, the necessary files are sent to you each time you play. That's why you can play this game on any computer, anywhere, unlike that console.

U751:
    fix that terrible, 20 year old view issue. Thats for games that have no real 3d abilities.

This game doesn't have 3D capabilities either. You get the best view there is based on where you are and the picture WGT has closest to it. It could be a lot worse if you had to use the views RL golfers do-like whatever they can see from their ground level spot instead of 15 different aerial shots.

U751:
    When can we get this done?

It's as done as it's going to get. Maybe play a little more than 66 ranked rounds in 8 years, that might help  you figure it out.  :-)

• xlviii
    502 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2018 10:50 AM

Sounds like you're playing in heavy wind conditions on SA and RSG. And I can't remember that I've ever seen 35 mph winds. 28-30 is generally rare and about the limit of what I ever see and only at those two courses.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2018 11:05 AM

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2018 11:10 AM

No worries Don, happy to help out.

To the OP, please don't be toooo offended by my post.  It was largely done to entertain my old friend Don.  If I fail to do so he tends to have a horse's head placed in my bed while I sleep.  I've no idea how he manages this, I move house every 2 days and have guards surrounding me 24/7 but, somehow, he gets that effin' head placed.

Whatever you do not offend The Don, the consequences are just not worth it.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2018 11:17 AM

U751:

Also, many approach shot views are at irregular angles. Some holes Im looking 90 degrees on the sides of the hole trying to figure out hurricane winds and angels.

There are quite a few holes where the stock zoom view is utterly useless, always check the cameras as they appear in the mini map and try to choose the one that offers the best view.

U751:

Please. Set the game parameters to match at least real life on any given day on these courses in real life

Let's be honest though, how many of us can hit a drive an average of 300+ yards and have a very high GiR percentage?  Or an average distance to pin that is measured in feet, not yards?

Stick with the game, many of us have, despite it's shortcomings and I can assure it's well worth getting to learn how to get the best from it.

Don't set your expectations too high, take your time and get to learn the courses and, more importantly, your clubs.  Only then can you find the path to WGT happiness.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2018 11:27 AM

TopShelf2010:
    PS: YJ did a pretty good job maintaining his cool and offering some words of wisdom too. Much better man than I. LOL

Opy is my inspiration.  Damian feeds the evil urges. :-D

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2018 11:38 AM

U751:
    Playing 35, 33, 30, 29 mile an hour winds on every freaking game and hole is stupid.
    No you're not, unless you are playing only 5 of the available courses. You will only get upto 30 mph winds (as mentioned above, I;ve never seen winds over 30 mph) on St.Andy's, RSG, Pebble Beach, Chambers Bay and Bandon Dunes. These five courses are all links style courses and therefore because of their coastal locations are windier than an inland course.

On all the other courses the max wind you will play in heavy wind conditions will be around 20 mph.

• xlviii
    502 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2018 12:13 PM

Stobsbee:

U751:
    Playing 35, 33, 30, 29 mile an hour winds on every freaking game and hole is stupid.
    No you're not, unless you are playing only 5 of the available courses. You will only get upto 30 mph winds (as mentioned above, I;ve never seen winds over 30 mph) on St.Andy's, RSG, Pebble Beach, Chambers Bay and Bandon Dunes. These five courses are all links style courses and therefore because of their coastal locations are windier than an inland course.

On all the other courses the max wind you will play in heavy wind conditions will be around 20 mph.

Forgot about Bandon and don't think I've played Pebble or Chambers in heavy wind conditions since I stopped playing shortly after they added CB and only recently returned.

RSS