Forums

Help › Forums

Daily Motivation

Wed, Apr 24 2024 11:13 AM (1,960 replies)
  • Ladychipper
    22,686 Posts
    Sat, Oct 26 2019 10:51 AM

Saturday, October 26, 2019

Clear reasoning

Just because something is new, doesn’t make it better. Just because something has a higher price, doesn’t mean it is more desirable.

Just because you disagree with someone on one issue, doesn’t make that person wrong about everything. Just because everyone agrees, doesn’t make something true, or right.

It’s easy to oversimplify, to make sweeping generalizations, to base your actions solely on assumptions. It’s better, though, to employ reason, mental effort, experience, and discipline.

Before you jump to a conclusion you might regret, pause, calm down, gather your thoughts. Take a few steps back from the issue, put it in perspective, look at the bigger picture.

Take a good, dispassionate look at the objective facts. Evaluate the content of what’s being said apart from your opinions about the person saying it.

Make clear reasoning your goal, not demonstrating how quick or clever or pompous you can be. Let truth and usefulness be your most desired conclusions.

— Ralph Marston

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Oct 26 2019 5:17 PM

Ladychipper:
    Clear reasoning

You post this due to the "new PC version"?

• Ladychipper
    22,686 Posts
    Sun, Oct 27 2019 12:03 PM

pmm711:

Ladychipper:
    Clear reasoning

You post this due to the "new PC version"?

Perhaps!  I am hoping for a more similar version to what we have now.  :-)

• Ladychipper
    22,686 Posts
    Mon, Oct 28 2019 12:58 PM

Monday, October 28, 2019

The magic

See the magic. Be the magic.

On Wednesday evening, as the last of daylight fades from the sky, life is magical. Saturday morning, as a child runs through the playground to his favorite slide, life is magical.

Live the magic. Give the magic.

In the physical forces holding matter together, pulses the magic that is existence. In feelings and longings impossible to explain, the magic of life streams ever forward.

A simple, ordinary moment can feel as wondrous as anything has ever been. Because it is.

The magic is in you, comes through you, gaining new substance and meaning in all you do with it. Feel the magic in every moment, and live true to its highest promise.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,686 Posts
    Tue, Oct 29 2019 12:02 PM

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

The time coming your way

The time in this day, month, year will pass quickly. Be prepared to make full use of it by knowing clearly what you want to do with it before it arrives.

Time is a limited resource for everyone, no matter how many other resources they have. Yet when you make intentional use of time, there are no limits to what you can do with it.

What do you regret not doing because you didn’t have enough time? Let the sting of that regret motivate you to make better use of all the time that’s now coming your way.

Don’t merely wish that you had started sooner. Transform that wish into determination, into action going forward, into achievement.

You won’t get a do-over of time already spent, yet you get something even better. You get fresh, new time, starting right now, along with the wisdom to invest it well.

Be clear on what you intend to do with the time that’s coming your way. Respect the value of the time you have, and that time will serve you well.

— Ralph Marston

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Oct 29 2019 2:25 PM

Ladychipper:
    Time is a limited resource for everyone, no matter how many other resources they have. Yet when you make intentional use of time, there are no limits to what you can do with it.

You know Marion, I think the last time one of these quotes was focused on use of time, I believe I posted something along the lines of not only using your time wisely, but to freely give it to those that need some.

I find this more and more important as I age, and time becomes shorter for me and for many friends.

I don't believe I have ever "wasted time" spent with friends or with those in need.

• Ladychipper
    22,686 Posts
    Tue, Oct 29 2019 4:10 PM

DoctorLarry:
    I posted something along the lines of not only using your time wisely, but to freely give it to those that need some.

Amen Doctor Larry!!  Time can do so much.

Reminds me of a song entitled "Unchained Melody". 

• mrmp1
    536 Posts
    Tue, Oct 29 2019 4:35 PM

Have not heard that song in years, One of my all-time favorites

• Ladychipper
    22,686 Posts
    Tue, Oct 29 2019 4:43 PM

mrmp1:

Have not heard that song in years, One of my all-time favorites

Mine too!  Never gets old, so beautiful!

• Ladychipper
    22,686 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2019 7:04 AM

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Place of power

Are you inside the problem, or are you outside it? The answer can be, both.

Physically, financially, socially, you’re inside the problem. Mentally, spiritually, you can situate yourself outside of it.

You can put yourself in a more objective, creative, effective position. You can visualize your way to a perspective that empowers you to successfully handle the problem.

You can think and feel what you choose, without limits, simply by choosing. You never have to be stuck or stymied by any situation.

Put yourself in a place of power. Put yourself in a place where you can transform problems into opportunities, disappointments into determination.

Using the power of your mind and spirit, make your perspective bigger and higher than any problem you encounter. With that perspective, you can find and follow a positive way forward.

— Ralph Marston

RSS