Forums

Help › Forums

Daily Motivation

Tue, Apr 23 2024 8:50 AM (1,959 replies)
  • Ladychipper
    22,684 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2018 9:23 AM

Monday, December 31, 2018

Inspired by the past

The past is over, yet you can still benefit from it. You can draw great inspiration from all you’ve been through.

From what you’ve done well, from what you’ve done poorly, be inspired. From what went wrong, from what went right, be inspired.

You can’t remember all the details of all your experiences, and you can’t go back and live them again. What you can do, is let all those past experiences push you to take positive action now.

Today, you can choose what to carry forward from the previous days, years, and eras of your life. Choose those memories, those feelings, that will push you into a positive, highly fulfilling future.

Whether you were applauded or whether you were criticized, now you can become motivated and energized. Whether you wasted much of the past year or were highly productive, now you can be inspired to do your best work ever.

Look back with gratitude, and feel the vast accumulation of energy that has brought you here. Now, focus all that energy forward and fulfill your highest possibilities.

— Ralph Marston

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2018 11:40 AM

Thank you

• Ladychipper
    22,684 Posts
    Tue, Jan 1 2019 8:42 AM

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

This is powerful!  Happy New Year!

Start strong

Start strong, continue strong, finish strong. You’re making the journey, you’re doing the work, you’re going through the year, so do it with strength.

Start strong by choosing to focus only on what truly matters. Turn away from the meaningless junk that just drains your energy and wastes your time.

Continue strong by reminding yourself why you’ve decided to do what you’re doing. When the going gets treacherous, make sure there’s a powerful positive purpose to pull you through.

See the work through and finish strong by making it about much more than just yourself. You’re on track to change life for the better, so honor that commitment by getting the job all the way done.

Finish strong, then use the achievement as a springboard for the next one. Give that momentum a meaningful place to go, and give yourself a new way to grow stronger.

On this day that’s filled with new possibilities, life is counting on you to be strong. Deploy your strength, feel your strength, grow that strength, and do all the great things you’re here to do.

— Ralph Marston

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Tue, Jan 1 2019 10:48 AM

Marion,

Thanks to you and this thread, I feel refreshed and off to a new beginning.  I fixed my idiotic blunder I created and largely have you to thank for setting me straight with your suggestions and your daily motivational messages.

Henry.

• Ladychipper
    22,684 Posts
    Tue, Jan 1 2019 11:25 AM

Awesome Henry! 

Glad I can be of some help to you.  It is a new year and you can be a new you if you want to do so. 

I know in my heart that your thread is about getting people to open up about themselves because that is the way of a police officer or detective.  I use to work for the sheriff's department in the records room and the deputies were always full of mischief and had a way of drawing things out of you before you knew you did so.  LOL!  Most people don't like being duped or taken for a ride though. 

Blessings,

Marion :-)

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 10:38 AM

Ladychipper:

Most people don't like being duped or taken for a ride though. 

But I like it (I like doing it).   Do I put other peoples feeling before my own?

What do other people do - what is normal?

• Ladychipper
    22,684 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 12:02 PM

HenryKawa:

But I like it (I like doing it).   Do I put other peoples feeling before my own?

What do other people do - what is normal?

Do what you feel is the right thing and yes we should put others feelings before our own. 

Don't worry about what other people do.  You have to live with yourself.  Treat others as you would want to be treated. 

• Ladychipper
    22,684 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 12:02 PM

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Think and do

Put plenty of good thought into what you do. But be careful not to let the thinking crowd out the doing.

Your thoughts make your actions much more effective. However, your thoughts cannot replace your actions.

You cannot exclusively think yourself all the way to the goal, no matter how brilliant you are. Achievement happens when thought and action are dancing together, synchronized, contributing to each other.

You cannot simply think yourself out of a problem. At many points along the way, you must commit your thoughts to action.

If you’re not sure what to do, think about it for a while, but not too long. Then, even with an incomplete, imperfect plan, begin to take action.

Let your thoughts guide your actions, and let your actions inform and clarify your thoughts. Think and do, think again and do more, all the way to the results you desire.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,684 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2019 7:40 AM

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Always there is opportunity

The market surges, the market retreats. Yet always there is opportunity to create new value.

Innovative, disruptive products and services come and go. Through it all, is the ever-present opportunity to make life better.

Trends appear and disappear, new fashions rise up and then fall out of fashion. What never goes out of fashion, however, is the desire for richness and fulfillment in life.

Some days are bright and warm, others are dark, gloomy, frigid. Some people are cheerful and helpful, while others are withdrawn and dispirited.

Yet everywhere, at every moment, with every person, is the opportunity to impact life in a beneficial way. Whatever the conditions, whatever the environment, you can work to improve life for yourself and others.

In the ups and downs, in the victories and the frustrations, always there is opportunity. Have the vision to see it, the courage to seize it, and persist in making life better no matter what.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,684 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2019 11:25 AM

Friday, January 4, 2019

Use your time wisely

Don’t settle for just any activity when you can benefit from purposeful, focused accomplishment. Fill your time with the actions that will fill your life with value.

What things are you planning to do in the next hour, over the rest of the day? When you look back later at how you spent your time today, will you be filled with gratitude or filled with regret?

Today is your opportunity to improve all the rest of your days. If you squander these particular moments, you’ll never get them back.

The greatest influence and leverage you’ll ever have over your future, is now. Choose to use that influence in a positive, productive, intentional way.

Sure, it’s tempting to waste a few minutes, or several hours, with meaningless diversions. But before you do, remind yourself of the much better alternative.

You can choose instead to use your time wisely, to create value that could improve your whole future. And that’s a choice you’ll never have to regret.

— Ralph Marston

RSS