Forums

Help › Forums

Daily Motivation

Fri, Apr 19 2024 8:09 AM (1,957 replies)
  • Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 8:30 AM

Okay Henry, up to you.  It comes off as bragging to me. 

I did read the rebuttal and you said what you wanted to say and I think it is fine and you were courteous. 

• Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 8:30 AM

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Active role

Are the same old habits and routines imprisoning you in mediocrity and leaving you uninspired? You can change that, but it’s up to you, and it requires effort on your part.

There is no magic bullet that will make you enthusiastic. Yet there are plenty of actions you can take to ignite your enthusiasm.

Don’t wait for circumstances or other people to get you up and get you going. Take the initiative, now, and breathe some fresh energy into your life.

The world will look a whole lot better when you look at it from a purposeful, active viewpoint. What seemed to be problems and obstacles transform into challenging, exhilarating opportunities.

Rather than waiting for time to pass, get out in front of it, make it unfold in a positive, fulfilling way. Minimize the influence of random, undesired events by intentionally creating your experiences.

Do the work, put in the time and commitment to play a highly active role in your life, in your world. You’ll have no shortage of energy and enthusiasm.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Fri, Dec 28 2018 10:36 AM

Friday, December 28, 2018

Own the adversity

If you let it, adversity will illuminate a powerful part of you. It’s the part of you that can transcend your current limitations.

Feel the frustration, feel the fear, feel the discomfort, the remorse. And then feel the strength, the will, the inspiration and commitment to do something about it all.

Look honestly at what has gone wrong, and make the choice not to stand for it anymore. Make the choice to do whatever is necessary, day after day, step after step, to improve life in a specific way.

Grab the mistake, the difficulty, the hardship, and turn it on its head. Take whatever has held you back and transform it into a forceful form of fuel to move you forward.

Resolve to make each setback something you can eventually be thankful for. Then act with persistence until you are there.

Own the adversity, and own the positive power it sparks within you. Focus that power on making life better.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Sat, Dec 29 2018 8:37 AM

Saturday, December 29, 2018

A better pathway

When you feel like giving up, remind yourself of the reason you started in the first place. If that reason is still there, still strong, still meaningful, keep going.

Just because your strategy hasn’t worked, is no reason to give up on your goal. Consider what makes the goal important to you, and inspire yourself to devise a better pathway to it.

Feel the purpose, deep inside, that originally prompted you to set your goal. Let that feeling energize you.

Learn from all your experience, adjust your approach, reaffirm your commitment. And keep going, keep following your purpose.

Though the setbacks will sting, they can also teach you, focus you, motivate you. What a shame it would be to waste all that by giving up.

You have the time, the desire, the skill and fortitude to persist. Use it, do it, keep going, and bring new value to life.

— Ralph Marston

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 3:05 AM

Thank you Marion.  I was just about to give up on the Forums.  I was really stung today.  Those stings hurt.  After reading your last post, I said NO, I will keep being myself and not cower into a corner and give up.  So I keep defending myself against unjust attacks from Alosso and others.  I will keep defending myself until they realize I am not a bad person. 

There are all kinds of people in this world.  We have to accept people who are a little different or have flaws.  No one knows what those people may have gone through to be like that.  I'm not perfect, but I would expect that the members of WGT be tolerant of people who are not perfect.... I'm sure the ones who cast the most stones, are just as imperfect as the rest of us.

I thank WGT Moderators for seeing that it is NOT me who is the bad guy here.  Its about 4 or 5 rude and intolerant people.  I could name them but I'm not that kind of person.   I just hope the lord forgives them someday.

Thank you again Marion for this thread and thank you for listening.  I promise that some day I will stop whining so much.  lol.

• Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 12:35 PM

Welcome Henry! 

May I ask what is your goal here in the forums?  Perhaps if I better understood this I could be of more help.  It may be better to not make any more replies and let the thread burn out.  Perhaps start a helpful thread instead if you have some helpful suggestions for new members or even more seasoned ones. 

You know the old saying "you can catch more flies with honey then with vinegar" ( You make more friends by being nice than by being rude..  I find that to be true although I catch lots of gnats in apple cider vinegar in the house.  LOL! 

How come you don't have your avatar picture on your profile page or any kind of picture?  It doesn't have to be on of you but just something.

Happy New Year!

Marion

• Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 12:35 PM

Welcome Henry! 

May I ask what is your goal here in the forums?  Perhaps if I better understood this I could be of more help.  It may be better to not make any more replies and let the thread burn out.  Perhaps start a helpful thread instead if you have some helpful suggestions for new members or even more seasoned ones. 

You know the old saying "you can catch more flies with honey then with vinegar" ( You make more friends by being nice than by being rude..  I find that to be true although I catch lots of gnats in apple cider vinegar in the house.  LOL! 

How come you don't have your avatar picture on your profile page or any kind of picture?  It doesn't have to be on of you but just something.

Happy New Year!

Marion

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 1:26 PM

What a great piece of advice! Take it, Henry!

My gut tells me you're not a bad person but you gotta stop laying yourself open to ridicule with all those brags of yours. Keep in yourself whatever you believe and work hard to prove it instead. This way, people will start to see what you really wanted to show and you won't need to broadcast it by yourself any more.

Happy New Year to you Henry and Marion.

Simon

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 2:59 PM

Marion,

A few years ago I started a thread called "Random Acts of Kindness".   I started by trying to do something kind in the "REAL WORLD" on a daily basis and encourage others to do that same by reporting all the acts -hoping others will also report what they have done.   I was criticized for bragging about the things that I did.  No one contributed  by doing nice things for others, but instead they hijacked the thread to cut me down and be rude and obnoxious.  Moderators finally shut the thread down it got so bad.   In spite of the bad attitude by all those people who try to pretend they are so righteous, I never said a bad word to them or about them.  Now those same people are front and center criticizing others and acting like they are such great people.  I KNOW DIFFERENT.   I don't know what they mean by the word troll, but if anyone is a troll it is the ones who use that term so liberally towards others.  

A few years ago, I used a photo that was published in the newspaper, online, on tv, for the world to see.  It was a contestant in a Mr. Universe Competition.  She was scantily dressed, but not bad enough that the media would find it a problem.  Yet WGT felt the picture was inappropriate.  I've been arguing my point with them for years with no success.   HARSH punishment for something so minor.  I've seen murderers who got less of a punishment.  LOL.

• Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2018 9:21 AM

Thanks Simon and a Happy New Year to you and Henry!  May you be blessed beyond belief!

You know Henry there are always those who will criticize you.  Actually acts of kindness should be kept private for most people consider that bragging.  You see I just offer advise and use Ralph's daily motivators to encourage people and not brag.  Pictures of scantily dressed people is not allowed by WGT/TOP GOLF I suppose although some seem to get away with it for at least a while. 

Anyway, I am not judging you and perhaps WGT/TOP GOLF will give you a second chance if you ask them nicely.  Just tell them you would like your WGT avatar to show and then leave it alone. 

Here is the definition of a troll: 

troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses and normalizing tangential discussion, whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

Anyway have a Blessed New Year's Eve!

Marion

RSS