Forums

Help › Forums

Daily Motivation

Wed, Apr 17 2024 11:59 AM (1,955 replies)
  • Ladychipper
    22,676 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 8:22 AM

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Better input

Every action has a consequence. By choosing your actions, you can choose your consequences.

Often you don’t know exactly what the consequence of a specific action will be. Most of the time, though, you have a pretty good idea.

Sometimes random, outside events beyond your control will come along to lift you up or push you down. For the most part, however, the life you live is a function of the actions you take.

If your life is going so great you can’t imagine how it could be any better, then keep doing what you’ve been doing, and enjoy. When the consequences you’ve created could stand some improvement, you’re in luck, because there’s a sure way to change them.

Don’t waste your time trying to get new consequences from the same old actions. When you’re motivated to get a better result, let that motivation push you to create a better input.

Live with respect for the powerful connection between action and consequence. Give yourself the life you desire by consistently taking the actions that are sure to bring it about.

— Ralph Marston

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 4:33 PM

Sorry, sometimes I find it difficult to practice what I preach.   What I do is:  1). Don't give up   2).  Start over again   3).  Try harder   4).  If I fail again, start over again, try harder

• Ladychipper
    22,676 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2018 11:35 AM

Friday, December 21, 2018

Celebrate the goodness

Though your life is not perfect, in a whole lot of ways you have it very good. Celebrate that goodness, nurture it, build upon it, and keep it going.

You can recognize problems and take action to solve them. You can spot opportunities and focus your efforts, your skills, your innovation and resources on transforming those opportunities into achievements.

You can live each day and make every choice according to a strong, deeply entrenched set of positive, time-tested values. You can live with a generous spirit and sincerely enjoy adding richness to the lives of those around you.

You can get out in front of things that are changing, and make sure those changes play out for the better. You can give your time, your thoughtfulness, your curiosity, love, and creativity to make life better in all sorts of different situations.

You can fill the hours with honest, caring work and be genuinely satisfied at the end of the day by the positive difference you have made. You can offer kindness where there is too little of it and give understanding to those who desperately seek it.

In every moment, in every direction, are ample opportunities to live with meaning and fulfillment. Remind yourself how good you have it, and live up to the great potential that is your life.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,676 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 8:51 AM

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Happy with who you are

Give yourself permission to be happy with who you are, with what you love and care about, with all you can do. Don’t let the shallowness of daily encounters distract you from the profound values that live at your core.

Feel how peaceful it is to be comfortable in your own skin. Enjoy the satisfaction you can bring forth inside yourself rather than being addicted to acquiring more and more outer possessions.

Love yourself for who you are instead of being obsessed with the image you project. Recognize the unique beauty in each person you encounter, and let that beauty be reflected in your own behavior.

Do what makes you feel good on the inside, not what merely makes you look good on the outside. Be good to your authentic self and enjoy the treasures that flow from your deepest values.

Be an enthusiastic explorer in the rich and fertile realm of your own true spirit. There is no telling what wonders you will find, what magnificent experiences you will have.

Make your life about more than just doing and having what everybody else says you should do and have. Be truly happy with who you are, and live the special joy that is yours to live.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,676 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2018 8:49 AM

Monday, December 24, 2018

At peace with now

With peace, with gratitude, with patience, let this moment be the way it is. Live the richness, the beauty, the possibilities of now.

You have always been, and you always are, more than enough. There is real goodness in your life, in your world, and more to come.

Treasure this place, this time, this feeling, this experience. Recognize the opportunity to give more of yourself to all you love.

Allow everything that happens to remind you of what’s truly important. Feel the strength of your purpose, thankful for the opportunity to act with that strength.

You don’t have to let the stressful influences make you stressful inside. You can choose your feelings, so choose joy, choose laughter, choose love.

Be at peace with now. And live according to the terms of your own highest hopes and values.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,676 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 12:13 PM

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Make a miracle

Make life a little less lonely for someone today. Give the people who are with you in this place, in this moment, a fresh experience of kindness.

Breathe in the beauty, the wonder, of all that exists. Fill your heart with enthusiasm for the goodness that is now possible.

You have traveled a long and difficult way to arrive at this remarkable day. Take the opportunity to offer your love more fully and sincerely than ever before.

Consider that you are here to make a miracle, in your own unique way. You have the desire, the experience, the generosity to improve the lives around you.

Open yourself to the possibilities for doing so, and you’ll see them in abundance. Set your intention, and treasure your ability, to make a difference.

Look for those spots where the world has grown dim, and see if you can add some brightness. Let your love make a miracle, and nudge life a little higher.

— Ralph Marston

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Wed, Dec 26 2018 8:08 AM

Lady,

Over a week ago, I announced in the thread  "Best WGT player of all time"., that I have turned over a new leaf and that I will be 100% honest going forward.  Of course no one believes me.   But I am going to be true to my words, largely because of you and this thread.  So thank you.

I just posted a long message, answering someones criticism of me.  I hope they understand and give me another chance to prove myself. 

Thanks again.

• Ladychipper
    22,676 Posts
    Wed, Dec 26 2018 12:18 PM

Hi Henry,

I hope you get another chance as well.  Most times when we try to be somebody else to impress it backfires on us. 

We are not suppose to judge others for you do not know what they are going through.  So I do my best not to judge. 

Hope you had a Blessed Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

God Bless!

Marion :-)

PS:  Is it possible to delete that thread where you claim to be the best player in WGT?

• Ladychipper
    22,676 Posts
    Wed, Dec 26 2018 12:20 PM

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Say what you want

To get what you want, from yourself or others, you have to say what you want. You must be clear and specific.

Do you resent others because they don’t treat you the way you wish to be treated? There’s a good chance they don’t completely understand how you prefer to be treated.

That understanding requires more than just assumptions, complaints, and insinuations. Be clear, detailed, unambiguous about what you want, and most people are quite willing to oblige.

Do you have trouble getting yourself to take the actions that will achieve the goals you desire? Then articulate those goals in a more compelling and specific way.

When you’re clear and certain about what you intend to achieve, you will find a way to get it done. Instead of wishing for a vague idea of something nice, you’re able to work toward something specific.

Ask specifically, and you will receive specifically, whether from yourself or someone else. Say what you want, and you’re much more likely to get it.

— Ralph Marston

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 8:22 AM

Marion, I thought of getting rid of that thread, but then it was suggested to me by one of my VERY FEW real friends that I should keep it as a lesson to some of the people out there who:  As he puts it - should wake up and smell the coffee - its all in fun!   I think I like his idea.   Thank you Marion for the nice words and being an inspiration for me.  

PS:  DId you read my rebuttal to Everette?  Is it okay?  I don't want to come off as being disrespectful

RSS