Fri, May 25 2018 8:24 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2018 11:35 AM

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2018 11:54 AM

its just an advert tell you  ,that you watch shinnock hills for free in a top golf arena

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2018 11:58 AM

I guess with the shooting of Wolf Creek that to also do Shinnecock was more than what they could handle . I dont think that they have the manpower to produce 2 full courses in the needed time frame . Or maybe the cost was more than what they wanted to invest in the game . I will be watching the tournament though from the comfort of my living room , like I do every year .

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2018 12:38 PM

I think what some are forgetting is that a public course like Wolf Creek has much more to gain from an association with WGT than a very private club such as Shinnecock. My guess is that the poobahs at Shinnecock wanted nothing to do with the great unwashed, such as ourownselves.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2018 12:59 PM

I guess that I don't remember there being told that we were getting Shinnecock. I know there was anticipation that we would get Shinnecock given that we've gotten previous years' US Opens. 

Even so, an advertisement is hardly a slap in the face. For my tastes, that's a bit hyperbolic. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2018 1:37 PM

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2018 3:54 PM

Robert1893:

I guess that I don't remember there being told that we were getting Shinnecock. I know there was anticipation that we would get Shinnecock given that we've gotten previous years' US Opens. 

Even so, an advertisement is hardly a slap in the face. For my tastes, that's a bit hyperbolic. 

At one time there was a page we could access through the game client that showed the future courses coming to the game  It was all of the courses hosting the US Open through 2020 if I remember correctly . WGT removed that page from the game about a year ago maybe more during an update . It was never explained why the removal nor was it replaced after the update as many thought that it happened due to a bug as usual .

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2018 4:33 PM

TopShelf2010:
    EDIT: I stand corrected... as we were never TOLD Shinnecock Hills was a done deal. It was all speculaltion with regards to the VUSO schedule. Thanks to Robert for pointing that out.

I like a man who can admit when he's wrong....

Something I might experience.....one of these days ?

;-)

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2018 5:28 PM

alcaucin:

I like a man who can admit when he's wrong....

Something I might experience.....one of these days ?

;-)

So said the Turtle when you jumped on his back .

tag , your it .

OPY 

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2018 5:55 PM

lonniescott711:
    At one time there was a page we could access through the game client that showed the future courses coming to the game  It was all of the courses hosting the US Open through 2020 if I remember correctly .

+1

So whilst WGT never may have actually said we are getting Shinnecock, the assumption and inference was it will be on WGT.

It is great we will get a new course, but it is disappointing this is not the US Open course and limited to the single course in the year.

As for the VUSO.......has no allure, it is simply no different than any other comp IMO.

• PAGES
RSS