Forums

Help › Forums

WHY HAS THE LEFT SIDE OF MY SCREEN CHANGED?

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 20 2018 8:49 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 8:24 AM

As of yesterday I'm seeing ads instead of my stats. Also, I can no longer sign out.

Anyone have an idea of what's going on?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 8:54 AM

That sounds like a Flash issue. Click the "i" with the circle around it in the address bar. Allow Flash for this site.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 9:50 AM

YankeeJim:
    That sounds like a Flash issue. Click the "i" with the circle around it in the address bar. Allow Flash for this site.

2,254 days in a row almost ruined because of a "flash" issue. I'm not a computer person and I would never have figured it out.

Thank you!

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 10:04 AM

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 11:03 AM

I keep an extra browser, and use that if I get issues with flash. When I get time, I fix the other browser.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 11:29 AM

TopShelf2010:

One way to avoid "Play Now" issues is set the GameClient as your Home Page. That way when you open your browser you are taken directly to the Game Client.

^^^^ +1

There is nothing worse than clicking on "Play Now" and the gameclient doesn't open.  I always have open a new screen or new tab and enter wgt.com/gameclient.aspx in order to play.  But then the original wgt.com screen freezes up and I have to open up another page or tab to have that function. 

So the above scenario usually just gets me to "control alt delete" to my Task Manager and shut down my browser.  Then when I reopen my browser and I get the msg "Browser didn't shut down properly would you like to restore your last session?'  That gets me back up quickly too.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 12:42 PM

TopShelf2010:

One way to avoid "Play Now" issues is set the GameClient as your Home Page. That way when you open your browser you are taken directly to the Game Client.

Don

I was told in these forums 5 years ago to do just that. Got rid of a lot of problems

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 1:30 PM

pmm711:

TopShelf2010:

^^^^ +1

There is nothing worse than clicking on "Play Now" and the gameclient doesn't open.  I always have open a new screen or new tab and enter wgt.com/gameclient.aspx in order to play.  But then the original wgt.com screen freezes up and I have to open up another page or tab to have that function. 

So the above scenario usually just gets me to "control alt delete" to my Task Manager and shut down my browser.  Then when I reopen my browser and I get the msg "Browser didn't shut down properly would you like to restore your last session?'  That gets me back up quickly too.

Paul, to save all that faffing about why don't you Bookmark the gameclient page and set it as a tab in your Bookmarks bar, so when you want to play a game etc, forget the Play Now disaster and click on your new wgt tab that will take you straight into the gameclient page.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 2:55 PM

pmm711:
    There is nothing worse than clicking on "Play Now" and the gameclient doesn't open.  I always have open a new screen or new tab and enter wgt.com/gameclient.aspx in order to play.

Setting the home page to the game client means every time you open that browser you're going to the game. If you only have one browser you either have to open another tab or navigate away.

Having 2 browsers fixes that because you can set one to the game and then drag the icon for the browser into your quick launch toolbar. That way you use your regular browser like you normally do and when it's time to play you just click the icon in the toolbar.

FWIW, having WGT's main page open and the game at the same time typically causes problems. You're sharing the same data transmission line with the game and all the stuff that goes on on the main page gets in the way. The least one should do if they click that Play Now button is to immediately close the main page.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 7:11 PM

YankeeJim:

FWIW, having WGT's main page open and the game at the same time typically causes problems. You're sharing the same data transmission line with the game and all the stuff that goes on on the main page gets in the way. The least one should do if they click that Play Now button is to immediately close the main page.

Thanks for this YJ...never read that on here before.  OR...can’t remember if I did. 😂

• PAGES
RSS