Forums

Help › Forums

Deposits and foreign surcharges

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 6 2018 2:46 AM (6 replies)
  • dobie2089
    95 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 6:39 AM

ok , first time i've noticed this  ( been a while  since i last deposited ) ...made  2  seperate purchases  of  500 credits   each ..i.e  $5 each .....got  charged  £1  for  for  each by my bank in respect of  foreign purchase payments .

U.K  players  need to be aware of  this surcharge  by their banks , but  also  begs the question , why WGT  don't  offer the option of  paying in your  own currency at  checkout  , which  would  nullify this  charge  if  selected  to purchase  in own currency .

This  post is  intended  to noitify  non U.S players  of  the situation , I really  don't  want  to hear  the  "  I've  never  deposited  "  brigade ...save  it  for  another thread !

• HittyHard
    775 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 1:37 PM

Use / set up a PayPal account.

I'm in the UK - no surcharges.

G.

• dobie2089
    95 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 2:43 PM

HittyHard:

Use / set up a PayPal account.

I'm in the UK - no surcharges.

G.

Very good  ...but  that's  not  the point of the post ...it's  to make  people  aware of  these  surcharges !

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2018 8:13 PM

Hello,

If you buy through Paypal, there are no extra bank charges or Tax charges as long as your currency settings is in US dollars.

- Carl

• dobie2089
    95 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2018 1:46 AM

carlosdev:

Hello,

If you buy through Paypal, there are no extra bank charges or Tax charges as long as your currency settings is in US dollars.

- Carl

That has already been established if  you had  taken the time  to read  the posts above .  The point is  for those  who  don't  wish to pay via paypal , their  bank will charge  them a foreign transaction surcharge fee , and  this  could  quite  simply  be  resolved  if  WGT had  multi currency options  at checkout .

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2018 2:46 AM

dobie2089:

carlosdev:

Hello,

- Carl

That has already been established if  you had  taken the time  to read  the posts above .  The point is  for those  who  don't  wish to pay via paypal , their  bank will charge  them a foreign transaction surcharge fee , and  this  could  quite  simply  be  resolved  if  WGT had  multi currency options  at checkout .

I wish if you had the time to look other payment options in WGT.
    WGT will only charge additional money if paid directly through your debit or credit cards(by inputing the numbers on card n OTP). There are other multiple ways to buy wgt credits without additional bank or tax charges. Coupons, direct mobile payment etc etc.
    And also one more thing, Suppose the "X" person's payment currency setting is not in US dollars and if the wgt payment is in US dollars at that point of time, you will get still charged even if its through PayPal.  

- Carl

RSS