Forums

Help › Forums

Another apparel?

Mon, May 11 2020 5:56 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 12:06 PM

Which apparels are worth upgrading, Common, Rare or Epic? I just need some direction which way I should go, thanks

• DarthMo0
    43 Posts
    Tue, May 22 2018 9:35 AM

Since the experience points are given at random, it's really hard to upgrade epic or rare items past like level three.  So just use coins on the common items as those XP drop much more frequently.  If you have the coins, you can get common items up to level 8 much more quickly and thus they are much better than rare or epic stuck at level 3.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, May 22 2018 2:07 PM

DarthMo0:

Since the experience points are given at random, it's really hard to upgrade epic or rare items past like level three.  So just use coins on the common items as those XP drop much more frequently.  If you have the coins, you can get common items up to level 8 much more quickly and thus they are much better than rare or epic stuck at level 3.

Thanks for the response. I started by buying 5 Platinum apparel packs, which got me few items of rare and epic at level 5. I also have few common items that have better stats than epic and rare. Question..is is worth it to buy few more platinum apparel packs to upgrade on my epics and or rare?

• DarthMo0
    43 Posts
    Tue, May 22 2018 3:06 PM

SlickHunter:

Thanks for the response. I started by buying 5 Platinum apparel packs, which got me few items of rare and epic at level 5. I also have few common items that have better stats than epic and rare. Question..is is worth it to buy few more platinum apparel packs to upgrade on my epics and or rare?

I'm not sure I can answer that informatively.  As far as I know, there isn't any definitive chart that tells you exactly what you're getting from items at various levels.  The only thing obvious is the items that increase distance as it will change the reported average to reflect the new yardage once you're in a coin game.  But then there are super vague ones like "Brush Surface Power" which seems completely arbitrary.  And since there is no practice mode with the apparel, there's no way to figure out what that actually gives you.

Plus, given that you have top end equipment, I imagine there has to be a limit where the apparel will stop helping you.  They've been vague about it from the start, but I'm pretty sure the Sponsor program is a way for people to get a little more performance from free or low end gear for free.

So, given that apparel packs are random, you can earn them for free in the coin games, and we don't really know if there is cap on their usefulness, I'd say it's not worth it to buy more packs.  Equip the items you have now and see how that works out and just level them up through play.  If you're willing to spend real cash, it's probably better to just get high end balls even though they get used up.  At least you're guaranteed a return on those.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2018 4:57 PM

DarthMo0:

SlickHunter:

I'm not sure I can answer that informatively.  As far as I know, there isn't any definitive chart that tells you exactly what you're getting from items at various levels.  The only thing obvious is the items that increase distance as it will change the reported average to reflect the new yardage once you're in a coin game.  But then there are super vague ones like "Brush Surface Power" which seems completely arbitrary.  And since there is no practice mode with the apparel, there's no way to figure out what that actually gives you.

Plus, given that you have top end equipment, I imagine there has to be a limit where the apparel will stop helping you.  They've been vague about it from the start, but I'm pretty sure the Sponsor program is a way for people to get a little more performance from free or low end gear for free.

So, given that apparel packs are random, you can earn them for free in the coin games, and we don't really know if there is cap on their usefulness, I'd say it's not worth it to buy more packs.  Equip the items you have now and see how that works out and just level them up through play.  If you're willing to spend real cash, it's probably better to just get high end balls even though they get used up.  At least you're guaranteed a return on those.

Yeah, I wish there’s some kind of info how these apparels actually affects the clubs. Like you said, the only thing that’s sure info is the added yardage, otherwise, it’s all guessing games. I’m using the top end Titleist ball ( 1050 credits) trust me, it’s not worth the price tag.

Ive been getting apparels from winning in the coin room. I like the game structures now, at least we get a prize from sponsor after a game, win or lose.

I decided not to buy apparel packs anymore, save the credits for something else.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2018 10:28 PM

SlickHunter:

I decided not to buy apparel packs anymore, save the credits for something else.

Good decision...just an FYI...

Use your credits for the following...

1) Equipment first and foremost

2) Balls - after you have the best equipment

You can reach Champion tier with the free rocks...but you need the best equipment in order to do so.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2018 12:09 PM

SlickHunter:
    I’m using the top end Titleist ball ( 1050 credits) trust me, it’s not worth the price tag.

Could have told you that before you even bought the ball, especially on mobile platform.

I have had some lengthy chat's with your CC owner on sponsor apparel, rather than go into all of that...you might just chat with him.  He is a dedicated mobile player and has dabbled with the sponsor apparel.  

Now, this is imho, given the significant performance enhancing effects of the sponsor apparel... the only thing you are looking for in a ball on the mobile platform is meter speed.  The apparel can get you more distance and more spin.  If you can handle the meter speed, you can get away with playing a very low end ball.

I personally choose not to play anything more than a L11 or L13 Srixon depending on the type of apparel you put with it.  Currently, I use the L13 Srixon as it seems to work well with the selections I have made.  Again, it amazes me the number of people that spend absurd amounts of credits on high end balls with what amounts to "steroid juiced" up clubs...you simply don't need it especially if you have reasonable clubs. 

The only time it would be helpful beyond that is if a lower tier player such as tour pro or Master took a shot at a higher stakes coin room where they no longer have forward tee advantage and could use the extra distance off the tee with their "mid range" clubs.  But again, you are spending lots of credits to win "coins" that WGT hasn't given us an real qualitative option towards using, such as buying balls.  

Playing styles dictate a great deal as to what apparel items you select.  Some prefer more spin on their irons, but doing so is also going to take off distance especially with higher end balls.  This means you will either have to play a lot of coin matches to learn how the combination of the items play or simply map your clubs with the ball you are going to use.

Some people opt to maximize coin return or XP boosts, so they build their apparel items around increasing their return during coin matches.  If you are trying to build your bankroll, this can also help offset and lower the "win percentage" needed in order to break even or gradually grow your coin bankroll to play in higher rooms.  I believe the break even % is around 65% if you don't have any extra return on coins in your matches.  Failing to win at least 65% of your matches means WGT is gradually depleting you of your coins over time by the "rake" or cost of playing each coin match. 

This means if you can not win 65% of the matches in the coin room you are playing...you will likely go broke...You also need to be able to handle the swings when you have a bad run, meaning proper coin bankroll management is also required.  

The advantage of not buying the apparel packs is you can test and sample the various items in the lower levels to see what combination works for you... Why buy apparel items you may eventually find don't work well for you. The one exception would probably be the SE hat, which boosts driver distance and it is hard to go wrong with that.  However, I don't know the extent you can select specific items so you have to buy a "pack" only to receive a few random items that may or may not help you.  

You will and can receive multiple suggestions by various people but all of those suggestions may work for those individuals and their playing style and not yours... you have to find what works for you!  Just because I prefer to play the L13 Srixon doesn't mean you will like how it plays for you.  But, it is what I have found to work well for the apparel items I have selected right now that could change.  

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2018 12:49 PM

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2018 2:11 PM

I’m just buying these apparels, ball effects ( love them ) balls etc. just for fun. I have a ball that I have success using it, but I get bored easy, so I buy something else. For me, it’s not about beating someone, although it matters. I care more about having fun, and get to play with the accessories that comes with it. I don’t want to be the one watching my score, thus create stress. 

BTW, I just dumped my remaining titleist balls in the water, didnt like them, they don’t have room in my bag.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2018 4:31 PM

SlickHunter:
    I care more about having fun, and get to play with the accessories that comes with it. I don’t want to be the one watching my score, thus create stress. 

If you had stated this, I would have saved myself a lot of time and not even responded because if this is the case none of it really matters... Just do what you find enjoyable!

• PAGES
RSS