Forums

Help › Forums

Flagstick

Tue, May 29 2018 8:10 AM (6 replies)
  • jayzach
    380 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 10:58 AM

Why in the heck did they remove the flagstick on mobile??  If you move the cursor you are screwed and cannot see where the hole is. From off the green you should be able to see the flag, and then remove it if you want to!!

• AlaskanDame
    18,965 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 12:05 PM

Are you sure you didn't accidentally remove it by tapping on the screen in that corner where the flag icon is?

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 3:04 PM

jayzach:
    Why in the heck did they remove the flagstick on mobile??  If you move the cursor you are screwed and cannot see where the hole is. From off the green you should be able to see the flag, and then remove it if you want to!!

It appears to have taken place with the last update. And from what I can tell, it seems to only be affecting custom courses. 

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 7:06 PM

I haven't had any flag issue's. If you remove it during play, it won't reappear unless you put it back. Not sure what circumstance your referring too. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 7:33 PM

claremoreblue:
    I haven't had any flag issue's. If you remove it during play, it won't reappear unless you put it back. Not sure what circumstance your referring too. 

It's a mobile glitch. 

It first happened a couple of updates ago. When WGT fixed it, then the distance for a putt to the hole would display as a whole number and not to one digit past the decimal point (for example, 5 feet instead of 4.6 feet). 

With the last mobile update, the decimal glitch was fixed but now the missing flag issue is back for (apparently) custom courses. In other words, even when you don't pull the flagstick, it's simply not there, starting with the second hole of the round. 

• smoker70
    32 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2018 5:40 PM

This is not correct. Its on every course for me. I play on 2 android devices and this issue is on every course, even wgt monthly tourney courses. I have screen shots to prove this. I never pull the flag even while putting but it isn't there anymore. I just played the wgt monthly St Andrews course and the flag was there on the front 9 but not on any of the holes on the back 9. This is especially difficult when playing at 18 to 24 mph winds and can't move the cursor or i can't adjust my shot and find the hole. This is killing my averages.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, May 29 2018 8:10 AM

smoker70:
    This is not correct. Its on every course for me. I play on 2 android devices and this issue is on every course, even wgt monthly tourney courses. I have screen shots to prove this. I never pull the flag even while putting but it isn't there anymore. I just played the wgt monthly St Andrews course and the flag was there on the front 9 but not on any of the holes on the back 9. This is especially difficult when playing at 18 to 24 mph winds and can't move the cursor or i can't adjust my shot and find the hole. This is killing my averages.

Just because what you experience differs does not mean what was said previously is  incorrect. 

On the mobile for iOS devices, it's working exactly how I described. For custom courses, the flagsticks are not there; for all other courses that I've played, they are. 

By the way, there's no need to pull the flagstick while putting. It's already been pulled for you. Even though it doesn't appear to be pulled, it has been. 

RSS