Help › Forums

Unauthorised payment to WGT

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 19 2018 10:43 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tioramon
    110 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 12:43 PM

Has anyone ever had any issues with payments taken by WGT without your approval? I found 84 cents taken from my account two days after I deposited $20. Both transactions had the same file number and my bank confirmed that the money went to WGT although they claim there is no trace of it. This is of great concern to me and should be to every one else also. I have been asking them to find out where the money went. How often is this done because they do not accept any transaction under a dollar so somehow it was bypassed. just want to know what is going on, is there something afoot here?

tioramon

• racoondad
    322 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 12:52 PM

Could this be foreign transaction fee charged by the credit card company?

I've been charged 3% fee when I bought things from Canada. It varies from card to card. Some cards even waive it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 1:39 PM

racoondad:
    Could this be foreign transaction fee charged by the credit card company?

This could be the case. I use a Canadian vendor for cabinet hardware that is located here in the US, based out of Montreal. I learned the first time I bought from them that transactions going across the border incur a banking fee. I have since resolved the issue and don't pay that fee. Not sure how WGT handles it, though.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 2:24 PM

Can't be that ^^^ if...

tioramon:
    I found 84 cents taken from my account two days after I deposited $20. Both transactions had the same file number and my bank confirmed that the money went to WGT

That ^^^ is correct.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 3:01 PM

explained this once, in short it will be gone in a day or 2

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 3:08 PM

IIRC Andy, when it happened to me it was the same scenario-the fee showed up after the charge. Regardless of how it disappeared, where's the 84 credits?

@Dan-Never saw the explanation. Where?

• bigrayyy
    53 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 3:17 PM
    similar thing happened to me a few weeks ago...I had 74 cents left in my paypal acct that I transferred to wgt to play a few rounds at Cabo...except it never showed up in my wgt account...i questioned them about this and they asked to see a screenshot of my paypal account showing the withdrawal...once i emailed them the screenshot my wgt acct was credited
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 3:34 PM

the apparent charges are not charges at all, but temporary preauthorizations done before charging the entire amount. Some merchants, like gas stations and hotels, do this routinely, as a way to verify that the card is active before authorizing the total amount, WGT does it on certain types of cards...

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 8:08 AM

YankeeJim:
    IIRC Andy, when it happened to me it was the same scenario-the fee showed up after the charge. Regardless of how it disappeared, where's the 84 credits?

According to the OP..his bank says WGT has it ??

All I was saying is that it can't be the OPs bank credit card charges....if WGT has it.

Like you...had all my credit card and bank charges waived ( except for overseas $$ transfers )

I don't see why WGT should charge a commission on any credit card purchase ( especially just on certain cards )

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 8:57 AM

alcaucin:
    According to the OP..his bank says WGT has it ??

It might be a case of "We'll pay you when the funds clear."

alcaucin:
    I don't see why WGT should charge a commission on any credit card purchase ( especially just on certain cards

I don't think they do or we'd have heard complaints about it long before this. Dan's probably right, it'll disappear in a few days and then we can all go "Huh?"  LOL

• PAGES
RSS