Forums

Help › Forums

*** Where in the world is MisterWGT? ***

Tue, Jul 31 2018 7:34 AM (76 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 4:54 PM

WGTicon:

I am not the one taking pictures, but I would imagine, it's not cheaper per say. I would think that cheaper would mean faster, which would mean re-use cttp shot. Problem is 2 fold... not only cttp holes are a bit old and some locations changed but colors would also be off. I am fairly confident that the whole course is usually re-shot

Interesting.

Would you be able to say what kind of timeframe we might be looking at for this course to be playable on here?  If the pics are still being taken, what's the turnaround after they're completed?

Also, I and I'm sure many others was wondering if this and/or Titleist is the BIG news that's y'all posted about a while back?  Or..is there something else BIG coming?  FWIW, Titleist and a new course are pretty darn big already.  

Cheers!

This is good news. 

• jabonic
    854 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 4:59 PM

TopShelf2010:

jabonic:

Or is he just looking for signs on Chambers Bay and got lost over Wolf Creek.  :)

Jabs

ROTFLMAO

Thanks for the smiles Jabs

Don

Gotta have something to keep us laughing as the signs are wearing us out.

Jabs

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 12:49 AM

kavvz:

WGTicon:

I am not the one taking pictures, but I would imagine, it's not cheaper per say. I would think that cheaper would mean faster, which would mean re-use cttp shot. Problem is 2 fold... not only cttp holes are a bit old and some locations changed but colors would also be off. I am fairly confident that the whole course is usually re-shot

Interesting.

Would you be able to say what kind of timeframe we might be looking at for this course to be playable on here?  If the pics are still being taken, what's the turnaround after they're completed?

Also, I and I'm sure many others was wondering if this and/or Titleist is the BIG news that's y'all posted about a while back?  Or..is there something else BIG coming?  FWIW, Titleist and a new course are pretty darn big already.  

Cheers!

This is good news. 

kavvz:

WGTicon:

Interesting.

If I recall from memory, usually 6 to 9 months after the photography is done. Icon will correct me if I'm wrong. lol

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 2:58 AM

Is this the news that made someone in the WGT office ill?

Always look forward to playing new courses, but my ability to lose balls on the CTTH at Wolf Creek gives me the heebie-jeebies about playing it as a full course, lol. ; ))

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 4:48 AM

kavvz:
    Would you be able to say what kind of timeframe we might be looking at for this course to be playable on here?
    The last time they teased us (with Pebble Beach), it took almost a year longer than ev1 thought. But, they won't make the same mistake again to give us an approx. date.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 7:29 AM

Next year's VUSO ?

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 7:30 AM

Thanks for the good news, Icon. I´m looking forward to play the new course.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 11:23 AM

bery111:

kavvz:

WGTicon:

Interesting.

Cheers!

This is good news. 

kavvz:

WGTicon:

Interesting.

If I recall from memory, usually 6 to 9 months after the photography is done. Icon will correct me if I'm wrong. lol

I want it to be my Christmas present, but. you know... :)

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 12:54 PM

This isn't the right thread for this post, but since icon is involved in this one it is as good as any! LOL

I was researching info on who is behind the "Wolf Creek" golf course and came across a thread by a guy obsessed with sandbaggers...

I had to read  the post where he claimed to have made a police report about it and demanded a court order to speak with Chad Nelson about this problem personally!

However the police refused his demand and hung up on him!!!! WTF, I wonder why...

In that thread there was a discussion about WGT headquarters location and if anyone had ever been in it?

Of course I found another classic response from andyson!

Forums

WGT"s World Headquarters.

03-27-2014 4:24 AM by esssy. 14 replies.

andyson United States
    6,415 Posts

03-23-2014 2:20 PM

LOL Joseph!

Note the Brinks armored vehicle in the lower left corner.  One of the twice daily pick-ups of the days receipts at WGT no doubt. ;)

Last time I was in SF, about 3 yrs ago, I hailed 3 cabs on that very corner.  The first two cabs I got in, the driver fiddled around and said "Sorry Mister, damn meter stopped working!".  The third cab, same thing, meter didn't work.  But this time I told the driver to clear his cash, and get rid of the cookies on his dash.  Worked a treat and off we went!

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 1:07 PM

pmm711:

borntobesting:

First I stand corrected....It seens that we are getting Wolf Creek. As for turning away from major venues. At least for Bandon it is a major venue.

The U.S. Amatuer is considered a major.

Just an FYI...and not meant to be mean in any which way...

you stand corrected again as the US Amateur isn’t considered a major.  If it were Jack Nicklaus would have 20 major wins, not 18, and Tiger Woods would have 17 major wins and not only 14.

Back when Bobby Jones won his Grand Slam two of those wins were the US & British Amateur Championships.  As time went on, and the status of amateur golf changed, so did the status of “major” for those two tournaments. 

Now, with the above being stated, I’m in no way belittling Bandon and hope we get that full venue here on WGT.

rewatch the 1986 Masters final round. The US Amateur was clearly a major then. Nicklaus was credited with 20 majors when he won his final Masters

The fair thing to do is not to take majors away from the older players, but count the TPCs like the Hall of Fame does

RSS