*** Where in the world is MisterWGT? ***

Tue, Jul 31 2018 7:34 AM (76 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 11:21 AM

EasyEdward:
    The final clue

LOL. How about the dead giveaway in the 4th and 5th posts on page 1?  :-D

In all seriousness, the way the VUSO is being handled this year was rather depressing and it was hard to not think this game was nearing the end. Then this thread shows up and all of a sudden there's a positive vibe for the future. And it makes total sense how it could happen by expounding on courses that are already here, just not photographed enough. 

I imagine it's a lot cheaper to go out and take the rest of the pictures on the CTTH courses that are here and if what WGT is doing at Wolf Creek is any indication, we could be seeing some really nice courses in the future. So what they're not linked to the USGA, golf is golf and I'm sure any NEW courses on a regular basis would keep WGT going. Liking it a lot.  :-)

• arikuld
    108 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 1:54 PM

Great news. My fellow players are cheering. 

Greetings from Iceland

Ari

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 1:59 PM

YankeeJim:

EasyEdward:
    The final clue

I imagine it's a lot cheaper to go out and take the rest of the pictures on the CTTH courses that are here and if what WGT is doing at Wolf Creek is any indication, we could be seeing some really nice courses in the future. So what they're not linked to the USGA, golf is golf and I'm sure any NEW courses on a regular basis would keep WGT going. Liking it a lot.  :-)

I am not the one taking pictures, but I would imagine, it's not cheaper per say. I would think that cheaper would mean faster, which would mean re-use cttp shot. Problem is 2 fold... not only cttp holes are a bit old and some locations changed but colors would also be off. I am fairly confident that the whole course is usually re-shot

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 2:30 PM
    OMG I've waited for this moment ever since me and Spino1 used to dream of it while playing CTTH's there about 7 years ago. I'm so f'ing excited right now. Please don't tell me it's just an extension of the CTTH and is going to be a full course.
  • jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 2:41 PM

DAZZA501:
    OMG I've waited for this moment ever since me and Spino1 used to dream of it while playing CTTH's there about 7 years ago. I'm so f'ing excited right now. Please don't tell me it's just an extension of the CTTH and is going to be a full course.

Just new pin placements D. 

LOL j/k..I do hope this is for a full course. It'll be nice to get a "beautiful" course for a change. No offense CB, EH, and Bandon...but y'all is ugly!!

• jabonic
    854 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 2:51 PM

Icon, 

You are the man....Thanks for the good info.

Now can you say when the new Titleist clubs will be arriving in the pro shop??  :)

Jabs

• deadeye9145
    371 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 2:59 PM

The next obvious question is when will we be able to play it?

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 3:12 PM

WGTicon:

opyeuclid:

Wolf Creek ?

OPY

ding ding ding

Sweet ,, 4th reply to this thread and the old Troll got it right ,  Do I win a prize Icon ? 

I have my eye on that Gold Max wedge set or Gold Max driver . OR  ,,  You could invite me for a game of testing .

OPY 

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 3:14 PM
    Great news.......been hoping the excitement wasnt just the new balls........bring it on.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 4:28 PM

WGTicon:
    I am not the one taking pictures, but I would imagine, it's not cheaper per say. I would think that cheaper would mean faster, which would mean re-use cttp shot. Problem is 2 fold... not only cttp holes are a bit old and some locations changed but colors would also be off. I am fairly confident that the whole course is usually re-shot

The shoot is only a few days. The game is already up on WC (to a degree) and that seems to be where the time gets spent making new courses. I'm thinking production would be less of a headache. Then again, there's 1000s of pics to be dealt with now.  LOL

RSS