Help › Forums

*** Where in the world is MisterWGT? ***

Tue, Jul 31 2018 7:34 AM (76 replies)
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2018 9:48 PM

pmm711:

Wolf Creek...2 big questions...

Will it be a “free” course or require a greens fee like Cabo & Whistler?  

Will it be for Mobile & PC?

cabo and whistler were unique due to being a conversion. we are shooting this ourselves:)

both mobile/pc as far as i know :)

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2018 10:19 PM

Big thumbs up.

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2018 11:50 PM

WGTicon:

pmm711:

Wolf Creek...2 big questions...

Will it be a “free” course or require a greens fee like Cabo & Whistler?  

Will it be for Mobile & PC?

cabo and whistler were unique due to being a conversion. we are shooting this ourselves:)

both mobile/pc as far as i know :)

Thanks for that good news Icon!  Do I need to ss that response? 😂

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 12:53 AM

Wow! Great news! If WGT is getting turned away by majors venues, pivoting to resort courses is OK when they are of such high quality as Bandon and Wolf Creek.

- Zag

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 3:08 AM

zagraniczniak:

Wow! Great news! If WGT is getting turned away by majors venues, pivoting to resort courses is OK when they are of such high quality as Bandon and Wolf Creek.

- Zag

First I stand corrected. It seens that we are getting Wolf Creek. As for turning away from major venues. At least for Bandon it is a major venue. The U.S. Amatuer is considered a major. So is Bandon already in the can and will sit there until 2020? And what is the  time frame for getting Wolf Creek? 

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 4:28 AM

borntobesting:

First I stand corrected....It seens that we are getting Wolf Creek. As for turning away from major venues. At least for Bandon it is a major venue.

The U.S. Amatuer is considered a major.

Just an FYI...and not meant to be mean in any which way...

you stand corrected again as the US Amateur isn’t considered a major.  If it were Jack Nicklaus would have 20 major wins, not 18, and Tiger Woods would have 17 major wins and not only 14.

Back when Bobby Jones won his Grand Slam two of those wins were the US & British Amateur Championships.  As time went on, and the status of amateur golf changed, so did the status of “major” for those two tournaments. 

Now, with the above being stated, I’m in no way belittling Bandon and hope we get that full venue here on WGT.

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 4:33 AM

excellent news, looks like it will be good fun on uneven lies

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 7:54 AM

🎉🎉🎉 SWEET!👍

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 10:17 AM

borntobesting:
    Actually I would say he is in Bandon,Oregon shooting the full 18 hole Bandon Dunes golf course that will

Definitely not Bandon Dunes. 

The trees are the first hint as the tree at Bandon Dunes are almost all firs.

Another thing is that to the best of my recollection there are no holes on any of the 4 courses where water comes into play.

The final clue is that the coast range of Oregon to the east of Bandon is completely tree covered and there are no rocky areas flanking the holes.

EE

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 10:42 AM

EasyEdward:
    Definitely not Bandon Dunes. 

Wolf Creek

RSS