Forums

Help › Forums

How about a driving range?

Sun, May 13 2018 7:52 AM (5 replies)
  • RalphMusco
    15 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2018 6:17 PM

A driving range, with no wind and an endless supply of starter balls would be a great addition to the game. Players who want to map their club distances would be well served by such a "facility". As it stands right now, the only option is to select a hole on one of the course and continually take mulligans.

I would suggest the following features:

• No wind
    • Starter balls only
    • Choice of hitting surfaces (tee, fairway, rough, sand)
    • Automatic teeing after each shot
    • Greens at strategic distances for approach shots with selectable green speed
    • Single camera position (no alternate views)

This would be a nearly static environment, requiring a single "view" and would be far less complicated that digitizing an entire golf course. It would be a much needed addition to the current putting practice green.

So, how about it? Pleeeeeeease?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2018 7:21 PM

As I long time member here, you should be well aware of the fact that his has been discussed time and time again...

Driving Range Threads

Until the time comes, or should I say if/when the time comes, we are left with choosing Practice Mode and using the Mulligan feature.

Don

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2018 8:41 PM

TopShelf2010:

As I long time member here, you should be well aware of the fact that his has been discussed time and time again...

Driving Range Threads

Until the time comes, or should I say if/when the time comes, we are left with choosing Practice Mode and using the Mulligan feature.

Don

+1 Also since you dont play that much anyway it wont matter . All you need is stroke play practice  as mentioned and you will be just fine . If you were a long time playing member you would not only know all of the courses by now , but you would also know your clubs by now . So practice practice and then more practice .

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2018 10:56 PM
    Hmmm, While I am a great believer and user of driving ranges IRL, I don't see a need for one here. I go to the driving range to work on swing mechanics. Way more variables than here, where all you have to do to make a good swing is hit the ding. Many times, at the range, I mutter, "where's the damn ding?"
  • Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, May 13 2018 7:09 AM

RalphMusco:
     A driving range, with no wind and an endless supply of starter balls would be a great addition to the game. Players who want to map their club distances would be well served by such a "facility". 

Have to disagree. Really don't see any advantage. And, as others have already noted, it's been suggested multiple of times. If they haven't implemented it by now, it's extremely unlikely to happen. 

RalphMusco:
    As it stands right now, the only option is to select a hole on one of the course and continually take mulligans.

And I don't see a problem with that approach. Another approach is to simply play the game and either take notes or remember how the shots turned out. 

Regardless, a driving range is not a "much needed addition." 

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Sun, May 13 2018 7:52 AM

only benefit it would have is if you could "pay for balls" or Try New Clubs. So you could map your clubs for different balls and try out new ones. 

RSS