Forums

Help › Forums

Not letting me shoot to the yardage

Sat, May 19 2018 3:37 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • sprntrl7
    225 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2018 4:21 PM

I have hit shots that would have been to a mark yet it seems the game reduces it according to where the flag is; meaning, despite me wanting to shoot towards a landing mark, the game washes this attempt away and calculates my shot as though I was going for the hole. A flat 180 yard 6 iron with 13 wind against would not give me a 176 yard landing mark(was using the  level 80 Taylormade  ball. This may sound vague, but need input if any of you have similar experience?

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2018 5:03 PM

Everyone says that all wgt did was change the name from nike, to Taylor made.   Well I agree with you, but my yardages are a alittle shorter. I mapped them, and just need to add about 1.5 % on longer irons, and 2 % on short irons.  Otherwise they are close.  Driver and 3 wood, didn't seem to change.  

I just leveled  up, and in the bonus bundle that they offered, it said level 96 vapor Nike balls, mistake, or glitch, or will you get the nikes?  Anyone? 

• lonniescott711
    4,181 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2018 5:26 PM

Luckystar5:
    I just leveled  up, and in the bonus bundle that they offered, it said level 96 vapor Nike balls, mistake, or glitch, or will you get the nikes?  Anyone? 
    Its a glitch . I think you will get whatever L96 ball that is available . What else was in the bundle ? I have never been offered any of the bundles when I leveled up . As a matter of fact when I leveled up the other day, all that I was offered was rental clubs that I already have .

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2018 5:36 PM

Bundle was the following, 

Max driver level 91

Max 3 wood level 92

Max hybrid  level 93

Max iron set, level 94

Max wedges, 56deg, level 89, 60deg, level 90, 64deg level 91

Nike vapor balls level 96

2000 credits

2,500,000 coins 

Bundle price  $99.99

Advertised as  all you need 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2018 5:37 PM

Also, there were 2 free 2 hour rentals, don't remember what they were though, sorry

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2018 7:08 PM

sprntrl7:

I have hit shots that would have been to a mark yet it seems the game reduces it according to where the flag is; meaning, despite me wanting to shoot towards a landing mark, the game washes this attempt away and calculates my shot as though I was going for the hole. A flat 180 yard 6 iron with 13 wind against would not give me a 176 yard landing mark(was using the  level 80 Taylormade  ball. This may sound vague, but need input if any of you have similar experience?

How much spin did the ball you mapped your clubs with have? That 4.5 spin of your ball now is going to cut down on your distance on most clubs. The higher the rated spin on a ball the less distance it will get. Any time you chsnge balls you will need to remap your clubs. 

• sprntrl7
    225 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2018 7:22 PM

I mapped and no spin; just a flatout hit to the 18th of RSG. 180 with a headwind of 13 and my ball flew 176which under normal conditio with no wind would be the landing mard with the ball I was using. :)

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2018 7:28 PM

180, headwind of 13, my calculations say it should "fly" about 172. That's with no backspin. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2018 6:58 AM

Luckystar5:
    but my yardages are a alittle shorter.

I agree. Just because the numbers are the same in the specs doesn't necessarily mean the performance is the same. IMO, WGT adjusted the performance of the TMs to the point where if you wanted a ball that performed as well as the Nike you'd have to use Titleist. 

Nike was the top ball for a long time. To have Titleist on board and not be the best ball would mean whatever replaced the Nikes really couldn't be the same, they'd have to perform something less than the best-Titleist. I think this is why you had to make that adjustment.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, May 13 2018 5:18 AM

Totally agree with your theroy about the Titleist, and also, if you didn't want the Titleist,  you would have to step up to a better taylor, (if possible)  Either way you're spending, and putting more cash in their coffers. 

• PAGES
RSS