Course Builder

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 20 2019 7:13 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 4:10 PM

YankeeJim:
    p.s., He's right, though. You can build all you want for nothing but it takes 400 credits to actually publish and play it. Nice thing going, though-you can use 4 different courses in 1 tourney and only pay for one. 4 rounds on 4 different custom courses. 400 credits. Cheap. LOL

alosso:
    There are two permissions: "Manage Custom Courses" to create+edit them, and "Publish Tournaments with Custom Courses".

YankeeJim:
    Yes and this is confusing, too. Basically, if you don't see custom courses in the drop down list when you go to create a tournament, you need to have the CC owner set the permission to publish for you.

Currently I can see the custom courses already built, and use them in a tourney I host.  But I can not build one.  I guess that means I have one permission but not the other?  

Is the following correct?

1.  I need owner to set a permission for me to build and publish a new custom course.

2.  I can then build a custom course, and then shell out 400cr to have it published.

3.  Anyone with the proper permission can then use the custom course in a tourney - if that separate permission is set for them.

For #2, is that the last time one must pay for the course?  I know I have set up tournaments using 4 different existing custom courses and paid nothing but the purse.

Sometimes I think I should start a CC just to learn what all goes on and what an owner sees and controls.  :-0

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 5:27 PM

DoctorLarry:
    For #2, is that the last time one must pay for the course?

You don't pay to make the course, only to use it. And it costs 400 credits every time.

DoctorLarry:
    Sometimes I think I should start a CC just to learn what all goes on and what an owner sees and controls. 

This should make it clear......

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 7:14 PM

Thanks.  I guess I can keep my 50cr in the bank!  Or get you 5 sleeves of 10cr balls!

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 10:45 PM

DoctorLarry:

[snip]

This is a mix-up of correct and incorrect guesses.One reason may be that the product "Course Builder" is not used in connection with building a course but only later.

Let me put it together AFAIK:

1) To build and edit a Custom Course, you need to be in a membership class with the "Manage Custom Courses" permission from your owner. No further costs involved, but there's a 10 courses limit for each CC.

To make it complicated, only the player creating a course can later delete it IIRC.

2) To publish a tourney with a Custom Course, your membership class needs the "Publish tournaments" permission from the owner. Furthermore, you need a Course Builder @400 cr for each tournament, whether it contains one or multiple Custom Courses.

Apparently, you need no entry fee nor extra purse for these tournaments.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2019 12:24 AM

alosso:

DoctorLarry:

[snip]

This is a mix-up of correct and incorrect guesses.One reason may be that the product "Course Builder" is not used in connection with building a course but only later.

Let me put it together AFAIK:

1) To build and edit a Custom Course, you need to be in a membership class with the "Manage Custom Courses" permission from your owner. No further costs involved, but there's a 10 courses limit for each CC.

To make it complicated, only the player creating a course can later delete it IIRC.

2) To publish a tourney with a Custom Course, your membership class needs the "Publish tournaments" permission from the owner. Furthermore, you need a Course Builder @400 cr for each tournament, whether it contains one or multiple Custom Courses.

Apparently, you need no entry fee nor extra purse for these tournaments.

Now I see why the term "builder" is not only confusing, but wrong.

With all the permissions defined/attained, I guess (there I go again!) that "publishing" a tournament is what WGT calls "creating" a tournament.  Our CC had 38 course builders, the last time I looked, so I guess they allow the creation/publishing of a tournament with custom courses included with no additional credits from the host.

I think I will just host red-tee tournaments on Kiawah Island.  ;-)

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2019 1:54 AM

DoctorLarry:
    Now I see why the term "builder" is not only confusing, but wrong.

With all the permissions defined/attained, I guess (there I go again!) that "publishing" a tournament is what WGT calls "creating" a tournament.

They have a history showing that they don't lay all terms they create on gold scales ;)

DoctorLarry:
    Our CC had 38 course builders, the last time I looked, so I guess they allow the creation/publishing of a tournament with custom courses included with no additional credits from the host.
    True. It shows "so many Builders available" and uses one of these!

I can't tell if you get a detour through the Pro Shop if none is available, or if you have to buy one on behalf of the CC before.

• FoundDaBunker
    579 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 7:13 PM

alosso:

DoctorLarry:

[snip]

Hey alosso,

I wonder why WGT would only allow a club 10 custom courses? I've already created 2 for the club myself and at least 2 more have been created by 2 of my members, so that means for the 'lifetime' of my CC can have a maximum of 6 more custom courses?

• PAGES
RSS