Course Builder

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 20 2019 7:13 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • RW3211
    3 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2018 1:58 AM

Good day

I have recently joined a newly formed club. Could anyone please advise on how to set up a course builder? 

Where and how? 

All help appreciated

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2018 7:33 AM

First, check with your owner if he would allow you to create tournaments.

You can buy course builders in the Pro Shop, unless your CC would earn them in the Clash events.

Mind you that you can only use them if your CC owner has given a member status to you (member?, veteran?, director?) for which he has given the relevant permission. If you have this, you can create Custom Courses, for free. The course builder will only be necessary to publish a CC tournament with a Custom Course.

• FoundDaBunker
    579 Posts
    Sat, May 11 2019 8:54 PM

Question: Can a course that you create with a Course Builder be a ranked round?

I created one that was a 9 hole Par 34 just so that it would not affect our average, if I created one that was a 9 hole Par 36 would that one then be counted as a ranked round and indeed affect your average?

Thanks for you time.

Val

• WGTShamWow
    907 Posts
    Sun, May 12 2019 9:21 AM

Custom CC Tournaments would count as a ranked round but they wouldn't count towards a players average. :)

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2019 10:41 AM

I think the name "Course Builder" is a little bit confusing, as it buys you not the right to build a course, but the right to conduct a tourney on a custom course you have already built (for free).

• FoundDaBunker
    579 Posts
    Fri, May 17 2019 5:42 PM

WGTShamWow:

Custom CC Tournaments would count as a ranked round but they wouldn't count towards a players average. :)

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

FDB

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 12:16 PM

zagraniczniak:

I think the name "Course Builder" is a little bit confusing, as it buys you not the right to build a course, but the right to conduct a tourney on a custom course you have already built (for free).

This is confusing.

How do custom courses get built?  Our CC has some, and I can use a built one for a CC tournament - but where do they come from and why can't I build one?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 12:20 PM

DoctorLarry:

zagraniczniak:

This is confusing.

How do custom courses get built?  Our CC has some, and I can use a built one for a CC tournament - but where do they come from and why can't I build one?

You missed the tongue in his cheek.  :-D

p.s., He's right, though. You can build all you want for nothing but it takes 400 credits to actually publish and play it. Nice thing going, though-you can use 4 different courses in 1 tourney and only pay for one. 4 rounds on 4 different custom courses. 400 credits. Cheap. LOL

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 1:00 PM

DoctorLarry:
    You, resp. the member class you are in (Director, Veteran...), need the owner's permission to do it.

There are two permissions: "Manage Custom Courses" to create+edit them, and "Publish Tournaments with Custom Courses".

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 1:25 PM

alosso:
    There are two permissions: "Manage Custom Courses" to create+edit them, and "Publish Tournaments with Custom Courses".

Yes and this is confusing, too. Basically, if you don't see custom courses in the drop down list when you go to create a tournament, you need to have the CC owner set the permission to publish for you.

• PAGES
RSS