Forums

Help › Forums

Accounting for wind

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 29 2018 10:31 AM (3 replies)
  • rabrown53
    96 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2018 6:31 PM

i have read and studied most of the forums on wind calculation, rulers, effect on distance but have not seen any comments about consistency of the wind.  when the wind indicator says "19-21" does that mean the wind is constantly blowing within that range?  or does the wind change strength during the game/hole?  does the wind sound effect denote when the wind is blowing?  in my play it seems to me that sometimes when i allow for the wind there is no effect on the ball flight.  it would be helpful if there was some sort of deciphering whether the wind is at the noted strength or if there is lull in the wind, like in real golf.  thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2018 7:39 PM

To my knowledge there is no lull in the wind.  It's constantly blowing at 19-21.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2018 2:57 AM

kavvz:

To my knowledge there is no lull in the wind.  It's constantly blowing at 19-21.

Yep

@OP:

Also map one discrete club / ball combo.  

Usual (happens in zero wind) circles of deviation exist.  Everything properly mapped you will pull that ADTP down and thus have that 1 putt chance more often.  Start swapping club / ball combos and which way is up will be a bigger problem (not saying you are doing that).

• Dad2147
    1,745 Posts
    Tue, May 29 2018 10:31 AM

Wind to me is sometimes a guess. I have learned only in my experience that each coarse plays differently. I have learned to watch the tree side lines and and whats behind me or in front of me. It seems to me that the wind is effected by these obstacles considerably. But don't go by me since my game still sucks. About the time I get a hole figured out something changes.. Of coarse I may just be lifting my head!!

Good Luck!!

Dennis

RSS